Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

People buy that P. Miller Champion authentic and pay good money for it. There's a market for him, don't know how big though. It's gotta be a more desired jersey than those florals and random swingman ABA blanks.

Yeah a market of fans who don't know rap too well if they still haven't evolved and realized that No Limit crap was a brief late '90s fad that wasn't influential or strongly endured time.

Yeah a market of fans who don't know rap too well if they still haven't evolved and realized that No Limit crap was a brief late '90s fad that wasn't influential or strongly endured time.

Over 70 million records sold and gets praised all the time by popular rappers today. You’re right, not influential at all.

his story can be told in 5 minutes though..

There is really no story with Master P having brief stints in exhibition NBA games because it was more of an unnecessary carnival or sideshow.

It's basically an annual formality with no-name guys or below average level players having brief stints on NBA teams in preseason but inevitably getting cut because their odds were significantly low for them to make a team. Master P just drew a little more than average attention with his failed stints because he was a known rapper at that time period but his talent level wasn't NBA caliber just like all those guys who were cut before and after him.

Over 70 million records sold and gets praised all the time by popular rappers today. You’re right, not influential at all.

Yeah No Limit sold a lot at that time honestly but it was a bygone era and we shouldn't expect them to be considered for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame like some rappers who preceded them.

Record sales are nice and all but can artists do it on a continuous basis? Death Row sold a lot in the '90s but it means nothing now because that company crashed and burned badly due to Suge Knight's idiocy.

Yeah No Limit sold a lot at that time honestly but it was a bygone era and we shouldn't expect them to be considered for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame like some rappers who preceded them.

Record sales are nice and all but can artists do it on a continuous basis? Death Row sold a lot in the '90s but it means nothing now because that company crashed and burned badly due to Suge Knight's idiocy.

How does it mean nothing now? Both labels are considered legendary and both labels have artists that can do sold out shows today. P and his label just did a sold out show before Covid.

Just say you have no interest in a P jersey but don’t speak for everyone when there’s plenty of people that would pay for it.

How does it mean nothing now? Both labels are considered legendary and both labels have artists that can do sold out shows today. P and his label just did a sold out show before Covid.

Just say you have no interest in a P jersey but don’t speak for everyone when there’s plenty of people that would pay for it.

It's cool if you would be interested in a product like that. Your preference basically.

I have my preferences as well and I'm have no problems speaking my mind in real life or online.

I'm just approaching Mitchell & Ness products from a sports purists' standpoint.

Yeah but I agree with your prior post that gimmicky crap they produced over the years is crap. It's like a bad joke to me. Those overpriced collaborations with rappers were a joke to me too with people acting stupid trying to get them.

Yall remember Jay's "retirement" jersey lol
jay-carter-basketball-throwback_1_793617aecec9066c0205c2eb7ce1f3b1.jpg

My order for the Randy Johnson Diamondbacks Jersey was cancelled because it turns out that Mitchell and Ness did not have any in stock. If anyone can help find a 44 (Large) I would greatly appreciate it.

can we get back to talking about jerseys of actual athletes?

thank you

Absolutely.

With Mitchell & Ness producing idiotic products over the years, let's hope they don't do collaborations with pro wrestling despite the fact I'll always have a lifelong affinity for it as long as it's from a bygone era.

outta your mind. p and no limit was/is the blueprint for indie hip hop artist. he pushed for better distribution deals (which is what most these soundcloud rappers are signed to now and days) which was in favor of the artist not the label instead of singing directly with a label.

Yall remember Jay's "retirement" jersey lol
jay-carter-basketball-throwback_1_793617aecec9066c0205c2eb7ce1f3b1.jpg

Absolutely!

Did people get stupid for that one during the 2000s? I honestly don't remember.

It was basically a knockoff Knicks jersey with a different name on the front. Why the hell did Mitchell & Ness have to emulate '90s WCW when they had their knockoff Ultimate Warrior with the Renegade?

outta your mind. p and no limit was/is the blueprint for indie hip hop artist. he pushed for better distribution deals (which is what most these soundcloud rappers are signed to now and days) which was in favor of the artist not the label instead of singing directly with a label.

Master P was good with striking deals no doubt. But I just couldn't stand their music honestly.

Sorry I don't know much about Soundcloud artists because I honestly don't follow current era artists.

Master P was good with striking deals no doubt. But I just couldn't stand their music honestly.

Sorry I don't know much about Soundcloud artists because I honestly don't follow current era artists.

that's cool and all but cant discredit master p at all. contrary to my screen name i dont like pac except for maybe 1 or 2 songs but hes not for me. wont discredit his greatness tho. P really did change the game for many artist business wise. started his own label and clothing brand on his own in the mid 90's. he had an independent vision early on. I could get into it more later on after work.

I recall we discussed Nuggets jerseys within the last few weeks on here.

I liked their uniforms after the rainbow and navy styles too especially when Carmelo Anthony was on the team.

I finally got a correctly produced one years after I had the crappy Reebok version during the 2000s. The crappy Reebok & Adidas versions had a real inaccurate name on back placement because they didn't have it arched but horizontal and it bugged me. I also didn't know it was supposed to be kiss-cut too because Reebok & Adidas made them with the layered stitching.

I got this last late summer. I got the fitted hats in 2005. Hopefully my white and sky blue XII from 2004 is still wearable with some cleaning and restoration. I hope Jordan Brand releases some retros Carmelo wore in tweaked Nuggets colors.
IMG_4106.JPG
IMG_4107.JPG

they need to release that Zeke pistons jersey again and shaq and penny home magic jersey

I hope they re-release the alternate NBA at 50 blue Penny jersey too. It would be perfect to go with the Sharpie Foamposite from 2015 and re-released blue Foamposite from early 2017 that I have because those shoes were worn by Penny during that 1996-97 season.

Carmelo jersey fire, I miss the shiny jerseys.

Not being a Pac fan but having a Pac name and avi is ****in nuts.

No talk about P being responsible for getting my dude Ricky Williams the worst contract in NFL history to start off his career? :smh:

Ricky Williams fought for that contract though, he basically fought for it. There's a few articles about it.

I’ve been looking most of the day to find the jersey in my size on other sites but I haven’t had much luck:smh:

No talk about P being responsible for getting my dude Ricky Williams the worst contract in NFL history to start off his career? :smh:

I remember that disaster!

Actually Master P owned and operated the sports agency but he was never a certified agent, only a figurehead. A certified agent in that firm negotiated that bad contract for Ricky Williams.

It wasn't the agent's fault, but it was Williams' unconventional ideology to earn his money instead of demanding exorbitant guarantees in it. I recall the contract was heavily laden with incentives and the guaranteed money was really low with his annual base salaries and bonuses. One of the incentives was predicated on Williams having a "Terrell Davis-like year" to get a significant bonus which wasn't reasonable because it took Davis himself some time to actually have a stellar career. I get Williams didn't want to look greedy demanding big upfront money, but he didn't use his position wisely when he could have still negotiated a fairly good amount for himself. You have to get guaranteed money especially in football due to high injury risk and a potentially short career span.

So the agent was basically doing what he was instructed to do by Williams. It's how it normally works because agents work for the player to get the money but they can still have input because they have to get commission too. The client normally always has the final say as in that case with Williams. But he still should have had the foresight and logic to give Williams input about not selling himself short. The agent should have instilled in Williams that guaranteed money is a great safety net.

Williams was honorable with his approach to begin his career, but not too smart unfortunately by shortchanging himself. But the dude had red flags because he wore his helmet to do interviews in his rookie season because he was uncomfortable with people in front of him.

I recall Leigh Steinberg disparaged that contract after Williams hired him as his agent when he went to the Dolphins. Steinberg called it one of the worst contracts in the annals of history. I believe Steinberg renegotiated a better contract for Williams with the Dolphins after he balled for them.

Ricky Williams fought for that contract though, he basically fought for it. There's a few articles about it.

Name created same summer that Ross and meek song came out really.
And I remember P saying Williams really wanted that contract bad.

96-97 bulls alt shorts arrived today

Yeah Williams stood firm about wanting to earn his contract instead of demanding all the money upfront and having exorbitant guarantees in it. The agent was doing what he was told to do.

It's ironic Williams didn't demand upfront money and significant guarantees because he was a known pothead which landed him in trouble with the league a few times. He would have been able to easily supplement his habit financially with upfront guaranteed money.

Back
Top Bottom