Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I think beh235 beh235 meant both. From my experience with the Vietnam run, it is mostly the cut of the jersey that bothers a lot of collectors because the side panels gets in the way/rub against arm pits (eg. 2008/9 Kobe and '92 Team USA Jordan). For the shorts, the pinstripe Bulls is a great example because the color is off. On the other hand, I have the Vietnam run of the 96/97 alternate laker shorts.

check this out:

Thanks for the clarification, that is concerning and not in a good way at all. This makes me think of the recent kobe rookie jerseys i purchased (for @200 each so im not complaining relative to retail) but i am curious if this is the same issue here.

In all honesty. I really can’t blame them for prioritizing swingmans. Even if it’s an annoyance to me personally.

A lot of us, me included want authentics and are on their asses about making them. But then when they do. We usually don’t cop until we can get them significantly discounted. Which is totally understandable on our end. But for m&n, I see why they push swingmans more. Lower price point. Easier to sell more of, and people are more likely to pay full price for them.

In all honesty. I really can’t blame them for prioritizing swingmans. Even if it’s an annoyance to me personally.

A lot of us, me included want authentics and are on their asses about making them. But then when they do. We usually don’t cop until we can get them significantly discounted. Which is totally understandable on our end. But for m&n, I see why they push swingmans more. Lower price point. Easier to sell more of, and people are more likely to pay full price for them.

Thats true for the Kevin Johnson suns away swingman that just got released, the only thing that held me back was my understanding of the quality. Kudos to those that copped but its only a matter of time they make authentics IMO, not pulling a FOMO there.

The first run of Swingman jerseys, when they were single stitched, were great. I have four Stockton Jazz jerseys from that era and they've held up well.

The newer, heat pressed swingmans are complete garbage. The numbers look like they're almost guaranteed to peel off and there's no stitching *anywhere* on the jersey, not even the NBA logo is stitched. Plus the size medium fits almost a size smaller than my older swingmans.

I bought one new swingman to complete my Stockton jersey collection and will never buy another. I'd still buy swingmans if they still single stitched them.

Any working Fanatics codes? Tried the Capital One shopping app and the Honey app but apparently none are available.

Absolutely agree. about the pricing point. I initially got swingmans because I wanted so much, but didn't want to pay for all authentics given the prices, so I have mixed in swingmans in my collection. I understand we are not casuals in this thread by and large, so our viewpoint is different when it comes to this. As always, the true fans lose out, but glad there are alternatives for what we want.

The first run of Swingman jerseys, when they were single stitched, were great. I have four Stockton Jazz jerseys from that era and they've held up well.

The newer, heat pressed swingmans are complete garbage. The numbers look like they're almost guaranteed to peel off and there's no stitching *anywhere* on the jersey, not even the NBA logo is stitched. Plus the size medium fits almost a size smaller than my older swingmans.

I bought one new swingman to complete my Stockton jersey collection and will never buy another. I'd still buy swingmans if they still single stitched them.

They weren't initially bad, but the China and Vietnam run heat pressed swingmans are garbage. I returned an Eddie Jones and Penny Hardaway 95 ASG swingman. They felt very off. I compared my Eddie Jones to another swingman in the same size and the Eddie Jones was shorter....like BP Jersey shorter. I had to send it back because it bothered me so much.

^ nothing wrong with the swingman at all... i got 95% authentics and 5% swingman... my recent jerseys were swingmans and thats because they didnt have the authentic at the time... i actually like them because its functional at a cheaper price... i dont wear jerseys often and for a specific player ill be lucky to wear it once a year so its worth it for me to just cop the swingman instead.... i agree the quality for the new swingmans is trash but for me to wear it once a year im good with that... my only beef is the sizing is mad small for no reason... a medium m&n swingman fits smaller than a medium nike swingman

^ nothing wrong with the swingman at all... i got 95% authentics and 5% swingman... my recent jerseys were swingmans and thats because they didnt have the authentic at the time... i actually like them because its functional at a cheaper price... i dont wear jerseys often and for a specific player ill be lucky to wear it once a year so its worth it for me to just cop the swingman instead.... i agree the quality for the new swingmans is trash but for me to wear it once a year im good with that... my only beef is the sizing is mad small for no reason... a medium m&n swingman fits smaller than a nike swingman

FUBU, made in asia, for asians (im chinese before ppl call me racist)

^ i dont know how you can compare a racist brand like "fubu" to M&N :smh:

JESUS you took my feedback COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT.

My response was to @ you go boy you go boy and his comments regarding the made in Vietnam runs fitting small.

Meaning "for us by us (FUBU)" as in "made by in asia, for asians" alluding to **** fitting small since asian sizing (and yes there is such a thing) runs smaller than US and EU sizing.

This was a joke, but i realized it was 2021.....

Sigh.....

899EEACC-70D6-4AD7-B22D-082B60BA93B6.jpeg E64AA43D-63B0-4C51-AD1D-C29F942C0699.jpeg 5AD4906D-8779-4959-A49A-60B15EA590B3.jpeg D07839A4-D83D-4F7B-B76C-B882A81698A5.jpeg ABCF68E0-52C4-4298-B064-065359C77A5B.jpeg A5F4CA2E-C90F-4162-99A8-873F0AD1ACA8.jpeg 9E3F1187-585E-4510-8C4D-5A877A55D1EB.jpeg 272D0764-BCD7-4E96-93DF-F86DADBF3286.jpeg 57228C01-1A82-41E5-8515-38EA072E4CD9.jpeg F9BA9F38-6C4F-4A30-AF8B-7BA402550E0C.jpeg

Last edited:

Agree. I believe that was the time when Adidas still owned M&N. M&N just started making swingmans. The quality was on par with Adidas Swingmans which were stitched. Just like Nike Swingmans from the early 200's were stitched.

I don't wear this Lakers jersey because I don't feel I have the shoes to match. I'm trying to emulate the Lakers uniform look from the late '90s to early last decade when they wore black shoes with some purple to go with their purple road uniforms.

I just realized I've been sitting on the 2016 Jordan XI Space Jam all this time, so I thought they would match with this jersey since they're black with obviously small hints of purple on the tongue and upper rear sides.

I refuse to wear Adidas shoes despite Kobe Bryant wearing them early in his career because they're a piece of 💩 brand. Their shoes are as bad as piece of 💩 swingman or replica jerseys. Even if Adidas was able to miraculously rehash models that Kobe wore, I still wouldn't wear that 💩.

I thought of improvising like this since I don't see peeps wearing Kobe authentic jerseys of any kind with retro Jordans, especially the XI. Would the 2016 Space Jam XI go right with a late '90s Kobe #8 jersey? This is my way of maintaining my F Adidas stance.
IMG_5625.JPG
IMG_5629.JPG

Back
Top Bottom