Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Since kenny powders kenny powders mentioned he would get an authentic Magic jersey of Patrick Ewing, would anyone else get one if Mitchell & Ness ever made it? It would be unique because he wore number 6 with them instead of his traditional number 33 with the Knicks & Sonics. Grant Hill already had number 33 before he joined the Magic, so that was a no-brainer he had to wear a different number.
1654064135192.png
1654064175166.png

Speaking of Ewing on the Sonics, would anyone get an authentic version if they made one?
1654064453571.png

1654064581342.png

1654064933956.png

Would anyone get the alternate red jersey with the dreaded wide shoulders if they made an authentic of it?
1654064784816.png

Does anyone have an idea of what I should be paying for this 2003 Reebok Kobe All-Star Procut jersey? I don't want to under or over pay for it as I don't know the market value. It's in excellent condition and has been worn a few times. I was looking to buy a different jersey but if I need to hold off and use the funds for this, I will. I just don't want to miss out on this jersey if it's within my budget. I'm budgeting my max to be around $700-$800.

I scooped up the M&N version to wear and I want this to keep.

Thanks in advance and any information will help. Here are the pictures of the jersey.
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-10.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg

Going full kit the reasonable way: wear the away or 3rd alternate shorts with the home jersey and vice versa ....... ala the soccer team look.

That way the shorts still match your jersey, but you don't look like you are in full game 7 mode ! :emoji_slight_smile: whatta ya think?
I wouldn’t wear full kit with the same color jersey and shorts so I thought about that and am curious to know how this would look. I dont own any shorts so you should post pics

I wouldn’t wear full kit with the same color jersey and shorts so I thought about that and am curious to know how this would look. I dont own any shorts so you should post pics
well, it's obvious how it would look...... nice!
Since kenny powders kenny powders mentioned he would get an authentic Magic jersey of Patrick Ewing, would anyone else get one if Mitchell & Ness ever made it? It would be unique because he wore number 6 with them instead of his traditional number 33 with the Knicks & Sonics. Grant Hill already had number 33 before he joined the Magic, so that was a no-brainer he had to wear a different number.
1654064135192.png
1654064175166.png

Speaking of Ewing on the Sonics, would anyone get an authentic version if they made one?
1654064453571.png

1654064581342.png

1654064933956.png

Would anyone get the alternate red jersey with the dreaded wide shoulders if they made an authentic of it?
1654064784816.png
this is just wrong on so many levels........

bet Patrick himself have forgot he played on those two teams.

:emoji_sweat_smile:

Does anyone have an idea of what I should be paying for this 2003 Reebok Kobe All-Star Procut jersey? I don't want to under or over pay for it as I don't know the market value. It's in excellent condition and has been worn a few times. I was looking to buy a different jersey but if I need to hold off and use the funds for this, I will. I just don't want to miss out on this jersey if it's within my budget. I'm budgeting my max to be around $700-$800.

Thanks in advance and any information will help. Here are the pictures of the jersey.
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-10.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg

Perhaps this one may get deleted because it seems to be a pattern I noticed on this thread if it isn't a Mitchell & Ness piece.

But I would say it's not worth overpaying for in any amount because it's not something you can wear based on the cut length made to accommodate a 6'6" guy. Why overpay for something you're just going to treat as a keepsake?

I sure as hell would pass on it if the seller wants hundreds more than the original retail price. He must be doing dope demanding that much.

Just stick to the Mitchell & Ness version because you can wear it since I assume it's your correct size. Try to get that Reebok version for a suitable price for yourself or pass on it if it's higher than its original price. I don't even think it's worth paying the original price for it. I hope you can negotiate to get it much lower than the original price, then it would be worth it in that scenario.

Going full kit the reasonable way: wear the away or 3rd alternate shorts with the home jersey and vice versa ....... ala the soccer team look.

That way the shorts still match your jersey, but you don't look like you are in full game 7 mode ! :emoji_slight_smile: whatta ya think?

I see no problem with this. Lets you wear the team stuff together without looking like you're headed to the scorer's table to check in.

Started to pull the trigger on them $500 dons but oneness got me spoiled, not wanting to go back to retail life on dons

I said I would pay retail on the blue Laker dons and ended up waiting two months and got them for 220 shipped.

I don't think I'll ever pay retail on Dons again unless it's a limited Dodgers or Lakers release.

s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-10.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg
What price is he asking? That’s the question

I haven’t checked how much procuts of Kobe are going for but if it’s $700, he’ll even id buy it for my personal collection

^ There is no set price but I'm throwing a budget out there for myself. I've always wanted it but could never afford it at that time. I decided to up my max to 1K at most. While I can afford much more, I can't justify a large purchase for display purposes only.

Perhaps this one may get deleted because it seems to be a pattern I noticed on this thread if it isn't a Mitchell & Ness piece.

But I would say it's not worth overpaying for in any amount because it's not something you can wear based on the cut length made to accommodate a 6'6" guy. Why overpay for something you're just going to treat as a keepsake?

I sure as hell would pass on it if the seller wants hundreds more than the original retail price. He must be doing dope demanding that much.

Just stick to the Mitchell & Ness version because you can wear it since I assume it's your correct size. Try to get that Reebok version for a suitable price for yourself or pass on it if it's higher than its original price. I don't even think it's worth paying the original price for it. I hope you can negotiate to get it much lower than the original price, then it would be worth it in that scenario.
I completely understand your take as I'm going to add this to my personal collection. While I did buy the M&N to wear, there is something about this original piece that always eluded me. I'am 6'1, who says I can't wear this pro-cut? :rofl:. I'll just bring the early 2000's back and wear my white T under with my all white AF1.

Last edited:
^ There is no set price but I'm throwing a budget out there for myself. I've always wanted it but could never afford it at that time. I decided to up my max to 1K at most. While I can afford much more, I can't justify a large purchase for display purposes only.

I completely understand your take as I'm going to add this to my personal collection. While I did buy the M&N to wear, there is something about this original piece that always eluded me. I'am 6'1, who says I can't wear this pro-cut? :rofl:. I'll just bring the early 2000's back and wear my white T under with my all white AF1.

I have that Reebok pro-cut version myself. I'm 6 feet, and it fits long. I used to wear it in back in 2005 when I got it that year. I haven't worn it since. It will just forever be a keepsake for me now.

Ah yes, the dreaded 2000s dress style where clothes were worn way too big. You might as well wear a tall tee underneath it to be accurate if you can find one in the present.

I'm glad I got the Mitchell & Ness version in 2019 because it's something I can actually wear. I just have to hope that Jordan Brand will re-release the True Blue III so I can emulate the 2003 NBA All-Star Game look with the jersey and shoes.

^ Ohhh, the White T has to be a Tall in length. The mid 90's to the early 2000's was the absolute worst fashion era. These kids are now bringing it back with the baggy pants Andover sized shirts, it makes me cringe and ? myself. What was I doing to think it looked somewhat decent?

The positives were, I was able to always have a pair of bball shorts under my jeans at all times.

^ Ohhh, the White T has to be a Tall in length. The mid 90's to the early 2000's was the absolute worst fashion era. These kids are now bringing it back with the baggy pants Andover sized shirts, it makes me cringe and ? myself. What was I doing to think it looked somewhat decent?

The positives were, I was able to always have a pair of bball shorts under my jeans at all times.
tell me about it. people sporting jncos when it's pouring outside.

tell me about it. people sporting jncos when it's pouring outside.

^The look on my mom's face when I handed her two pairs of Anchor Blue Beyond Baggys in a size 38:rofl:. Mind you I was a freshman in H.S and I had a size 30ish waist line and was only 5'6 at that time. She said, we'll I guess you can grow into them.

I strongly disagree because I think it got innovative and influential in the '90s when people started wearing oversized clothing in general. The NBA even followed suit with the uniforms. Players liked the comfort from the looseness that baggy shorts provided. Oversized clothes are just comfortable. I'm glad I never deviated from that because I still dress that way.

But I'll agree that it got bad and dumb in the 2000s with peeps wearing many sizes larger than they should have. Mitchell & Ness even cut their jerseys too big during the 2000s, so I'm going to reiterate it makes me wonder if they were conforming to that decade's trend with the oversized construct of their products. Realistically, a lot of us who were around during the 2000s are guilty of wearing our clothes too big. Yes, now it looks bad in retrospect, but we weren't thinking about it back then because it seemed normal.

JNCO was already bad back then even when baggy was the trend. It's like their design team got their inspiration from MC Hammer wearing genie parachute pants.

I vaguely remember Anchor Blue. I believe they're defunct now.

The irony is that I actually have a hard time fitting into my pants and shorts that are oversized now because I gained weight around my stomach and waist during this pandemic.

^ Go and have a look back at the suits those NBA players wore in the 2000's. Those guys could fit their complete uniform and warmup under those suits. In that era, they never heard of the word " Tailored" as those suits were a One Size Fits All cut. I don't think it was that comfortable as I remember having a lot of material flopping around. I also recall getting my jackets and hoodies randomly caught on things that caused a snag.

While I agree, you can go one size up for comfort but lets be real, people were going 2-3 sizes up and were swimming in their outfits. That's like saying I wear a size 11 shoe and started wearing a 14 or 15. . . I mean, come on. :rofl:

^The look on my mom's face when I handed her two pairs of Anchor Blue Beyond Baggys in a size 38:rofl:. Mind you I was a freshman in H.S and I had a size 30ish waist line and was only 5'6 at that time. She said, we'll I guess you can grow into them.
now wait a minute........ clothes you can grow in, that is something parents have been saying to their kids since 1920, to save money and stuff.
.......... so the whole XXXL thing was not started by rappers in the 90's to 2000's ........that trend was started by our grand parents and forefathers !

They just couldn't make music videos :emoji_sweat_smile:

Back
Top Bottom