Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Mitchell and ness made Barkley 76ers years ago. Then they made 2 limited runs years later. They made the red 76ers for an event with the 76ers. I was able to get that jersey in a 56 and the sizes were more abundant. Then a few years later they made a white suns jersey. This run was more limited with less sizes available. I was able to get a 54 the largest size in that jersey. I purchased both of these jerseys from Distant Replays in Atlanta, Ga. Both of these jerseys are legit. Distant Replays was "The Store" for M&N jerseys. They were the store that sold to Outkast, and were even on MTV with Outkast. Outkast was the group that brought the whole throwback game to the people and made it popular. I don't know if that Barkley is authentic but there are authentic Suns Barkleys out there and I have one.
How could I forget distant replays. Haven't heard that in a while, I copped my stuff from there. 

i'd only spend money on players i like/respect and shaq is def. not one of them. he's one of THE biggest sell outs in the industry.
Interesting.

Explain this bro, I'm curious.
+1

There are several different types of jerseys; from highest grade to the lowest:

1) game issued/game worn

2) retail procuts

3) retail authentics

4) swingman/soul/champion replica

5) replicas

The material/grade and accuracy of what mitchell & ness produces would be fitting for #3 or at least they think they are....thus costing about $225-$300 retail. Comparing to Adidas Authentics also cost around $275 to $300 retail. 
Can someone explain why these jerseys cost so much and they are not authentic?

Authentic to me means what the players wore on the court/field. So why do these replicas cost a grip, and why are they popular?
A lot of people don't understand this

On another note, that Barkley is...
nthat.gif
. Hope it comes around again.

Retail authentics? I'm still confused, take the Champion era for the NBA, M&N wasn't licensed for anything back then, so how do they get to reproduce them?
Retail Authentics are jerseys that are made by current company in contract with the NBA (right now its Adidas). The jerseys are made close to the quality and spec of the game issued jerseys but in our sizes. Not players sizes (those would be called the retail pro cuts)

MN has the licensing right with the players and NBA to produce classic jerseys that aren't in production any more. They are supposed to replicate quality of a game issued jersey just like retail authentics. But obviously many of their jerseys have many details that are off. 

Doubt it.

Barkley too pressed about money
mean.gif
I need some hope man 
laugh.gif
. I even regret passing on the Sixers ones when they were available, I assumed he would still allow them to be made and my thought was the Suns ones were down the line. Then the limited runs dropped and I wasn't even aware.

1) game issued/game worn
2) retail procuts
3) retail authentics
5) replicas

The material/grade and accuracy of what mitchell & ness produces would be fitting for #3 or at least they think they are....thus costing about $225-$300 retail. Comparing to Adidas Authentics also cost around $275 to $300 retail. 

For me it's like this:

1. Replicas (swingmans included)
2. Authentic (thicker mesh or same as on court premium material)
3. On court (pro-cut, game issue)

Last edited:
For me it's like this:

Adidas made replicas. The ones with wide shoulders and completely screen printed name and numbers. Those retailed for like $70?? You have to categorize them by themselves lol. They are that bad. Fans might as well wear the T-shirts with name and numbers printed on them. 

Adidas made replicas. The ones with wide shoulders and completely screen printed name and numbers. Those retailed for like $70?? You have to categorize them by themselves lol. They are that bad. Fans might as well wear the T-shirts with name and numbers printed on them. 

I member those! When Durant signed with gsw, that same day they were rolling out those cheapies like hanes undershirts [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Can anyone answer a question for me...

Why did M&N stop making college stuff?
Not to state the obvious, but I'm assuming licensing. Costs for licensing the individual colleges probably exceeded their ability to turn a profit, or a margin they were comfortable with.

Can anyone answer a question for me...

Why did M&N stop making college stuff?

I think also it depends on the deals that colleges have with companies now as well. They prolly were only able to do whoever adidas had on the roster. And couldn't touch Nike, UA etc

i'd only spend money on players i like/respect and shaq is def. not one of them. he's one of THE biggest sell outs in the industry.

Interesting.

Explain this bro, I'm curious.

there is an episode of inside the nba where kenny the jet brings attention shaq's huge diamond ring that he keeps flashing in front of the camera. then the camera pans in close up on it. when u watch it, u realize this segment was a total set up and not at all random. so kenny asks shaq what's the deal with the ring and shaq says something along the lines of, "oh, that's the BROTHERHOOD..." pretty much saying that this brotherhood is responsible for his continued fame and success outside of the league and after basketball.

i already didn't fool with shaq bc of how he did kobe, but after watching that inside the nba segment i lost any ounce of respect i had left for him. he's a sell out and proud of it. he don't eem try to hide it. of course he not the only once, but...

His whole stance on Kaepernick and Police was much worse than the ring thing IMO. He's forever a clown and a sellout.

1) game issued/game worn
2) retail procuts
3) retail authentics
5) replicas

For me it's like this:

this is exactly how i see it. i only have 3 categories, not 5. replica and swingman belongs in the same category. game issue and procuts belong in the same category although "retail procut" kinda toes the line of authentic and game issued.

His whole stance on Kaepernick and Police was much worse than the ring thing IMO. He's forever a clown and a sellout.

i didnt see that, but i can imagine. bc of his handlers he has to publicly denounce black celebs in particular who take a stand against the narrative of the brotherhood and their ideals. like u said, forever a clown and sellout. perfect description.

Masons/illuminati.

****, you might as well hate 90% of the industry.

I agree wit you though.

Imma try to find that clip.

What did Shaq do to Kobe? Besides lead him to his first 3 rings??? Their relationship was rocky but I think they both played an equal part of that....

Moving on to the jersey topic of authentic vs replica and so on....For me I wear M&N to symbolize an era or a player I liked. I'm ok with small details being different from the original, but still M&N makes too many mental mistakes...The "Phila" iverson is trash. The upside down two on the first 96 release is unacceptable. The 93 all star before they corrected it should have never got to that point. The font size on pinstripe bulls is crazy wack....

I think most would agree, M&N supporters are not looking for 100% accuracy, but come on at least get the easy details correct...

i didnt see that, but i can imagine. bc of his handlers he has to publicly denounce black celebs in particular who take a stand against the narrative of the brotherhood and their ideals. like u said, forever a clown and sellout. perfect description.

What about MJ? Do you buy/wear his jerseys? Hes not much better than Shaq. No shade, just wondering.

this is exactly how i see it. i only have 3 categories, not 5. replica and swingman belongs in the same category. game issue and procuts belong in the same category although "retail procut" kinda toes the line of authentic and game issued.

Well you can take that "retail pro-cut" and give it to a player on court that can fit it and continue playing. Same category.

The upside down two on the first 96 release is unacceptable.

I think most would agree, M&N supporters are not looking for 100% accuracy, but come on at least get the easy details correct...

I've learned to accept the upside down 2 on that 2012 remake but this version that just dropped last week is far worse in terms of accuracy and look.

I got ya, but personally for me a number upside down would bother me more than a star color or piping color...either way no excuse for them on either of the two flaws....

Any body got the inside scoop on what teams are gonna be released for M&N authentic shorts ? I'm hoping for jr smith era twolves, early 90's rockets, throwback pacers, sixers and suns. Really, I'll probably buy just bout every pair

Back
Top Bottom