Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

What does Sir Charles, Clyde, Malone, Stockton, Ewing, Kemp, Payton and countless others all have in common? They have travelled to MJ's Boulevard of Broken Dreams. $120 pick up from Karma Loop. Thanks to the OP with the assist this week.
20230504_144624-COLLAGE.jpg

That was some fast shipping

I slept on the Wizards shorts (authentic; not Just Don) in a Medium on the M&N website. Anyone know where I can find a pair? Ideally for under retail

I want to get a bunch of authentic shorts on sale but then I'd have to get pockets on them and that would basically bring them back to full price haha

I want to get a bunch of authentic shorts on sale but then I'd have to get pockets on them and that would basically bring them back to full price haha

$50 bucks for these authentic bulls shorts and the XTRA30 code.

$50 bucks for these authentic bulls shorts and the XTRA30 code.

and just like that, purchased :smh::lol:

It's a trip that this thread is always cyclical with reiterated topics. It's like a formality on here.

Just Don’s are Muay Thai inspired. Does that count?

This one is funny because I actually made that analogy on here last year. I also shared pictures of Muay Thai fighters wearing the actual shorts to make the point. I wouldn't doubt if that Don C clown got the idea for his Just Don shorts design template.

Im kinda surprised that for the price point, the M&N authentics aren’t made in the US.

Is there a reason outside of the obvious labor savings?

It used to be partially before VF bought them. The custom jerseys they used to make special order was definitely made in the US, probably in PA, Jersey, or NC.

They used to work with factories in DR, El Salvador, and Honduras. VF, like a bunch of the other companies, decided it was cheaper to get it mass produced in China and Vietnam.

When you compare the costs with other companies, M&N should be making them in the USA or putting out better Asia-made products.

They are ripping consumers off.

$$$$$$ is and always be the sole reason. Ebbets Field is next.

It's been an unfortunate practice with American companies outsourcing for so long now. And it will never change. It's all about reducing overhead with manufacturing and maximizing profits that way.

When Mitchell & Ness began outsourcing in the mid-2000s, they also used Korea in addition to other countries. I believe all the outsourcing went strictly to China by the late 2000s. I'm going to say they completely outsourced after that Peter Capolino guy sold the company during that decade.

It was always a lose-lose situation with authentic jerseys with either periods of production. The jerseys manufactured in the early 2000s were made in USA with good workmanship and materials, but there were discrepancies with font details and sizes along with shades of colors. The more current outsourced jerseys actually have the correct font details and sizes along with color shades, but they use cheaper quality materials.

The black shorts are so tempting at that price smh

These too. $55 bucks. Add $40 for pockets and still under MSRP.

Just grabbed the Jordan 96 All Start joint for $213 shipped from Karmaloop. Been wanting this one for a minute…

The USA Jordan is a better deal. 140ish. Hesitating on pulling the trigger.

He almost had me til I remembered I have the pinstripe shorts. Still tempted to buy tho.

Ya I feel the same way... I got the pinstripe so these are too similar... plus I got way too many shorts in general... but that price is a steal and prally good just to wear around the house... I will sleep on it and decide tomorrow morning lol

Ya I feel the same way... I got the pinstripe so these are too similar... plus I got way too many shorts in general... but that price is a steal and prally good just to wear around the house... I will sleep on it and decide tomorrow morning lol
Sameee

Back
Top Bottom