Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

9 outta 11.
pimp.gif

Jones/Rua will be a very interesting fight. BIG LOL to those who think Jones has no chance at defeating Rua.

When was the last time Rua looked overly-impressive?!

Was it the submission loss to Forrest?!

Or the TKO gassing over Coleman?!

Maybe it was the KO over an over-the-hill Liddell.

Nah, it's got to be the 5 round squeaker with Machida (I gave Shogun that fight).

Oh wait, you're talking abuot the KO over Machida (his last fight).

Such short term memory displayed in this entire thread by everyone EXCEPT a select few.

On the flip side, when was the last time Jones DIDN'T look impressive?!

To say his title shot hasn't been earned is an insult. The only man I think that could have an argument for a title shot before him would be Rampage, and there is no way in hell Rampage is taking a title shot this short notice!

Props to Jones for stepping up and taking this opportunity iof a lifetime.

BONES WILL BE CHAMPION MARCH 19TH.
spot on analysis

fwiw, Shogun is saying that Rampage was offered the fight, and he probably did pass because of the reason Demon mentioned

http://www.tatame.com/2011/02/07/Shogun-says-Rampage-ducked-him-Jones-was-second-option

Originally Posted by PrideFan

Thats kind of an insult. How does a legend who destroyed Machida get set as the underdog? I got Shogun ALL the way.

You heard it here folks " Jones WILL be champ March 19"
What a difference 24hrs makes eh.

Unless you were somehow trying to quote demon...

Obviously man, with the quotes around that statement. My mind isn't changed at all. I still got Shogun. Not by a mile but enough. I'm a fan of both fighters so as long as it delivers a good fight the outcome can be anything And i'll be happy.

jones definitely has a good chance of winning.  he has the better wrestling, we'll see if shogun can sweep / reverse him and tie him up in knots.  mauricio's conditioning is going to be in question coming off a third knee surgery.  he'll be eating leg kicks and defending takedowns a lot.  he still has a good chance of knocking jones out with his heavy hands.

Obviously man, with the quotes around that statement. My mind isn't changed at all. I still got Shogun. Not by a mile but enough. I'm a fan of both fighters so as long as it delivers a good fight the outcome can be anything And i'll be happy.
There's obvious room for interpretation if you don't accurately quote them.

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

my dude silva kicked him in the face...i doubt we'll see a gsp v silva fight..
Dana seems deadset on the GSP vs. Silva matchup. As of this point in time, the only thing that would stop it is Jake Shields beating GSP in Toronto.

I'm calling Jon Bones Jones champion in March not only that but he's going to hold the belt and possibly become the next P4P king. It may lead to a Superfight with Spider which.....I'm not sure how to call even though Spider is my guy.

I am hoping Spider crushes GSP and I like GSP I just think most roll with Rush because they hate Anderson because he wins spectacular and they want him to lose. People forget he's had his embarrasing losses already before the UFC. Like GSP losing to Serra like that it changed him Spider been changed since Chonan. Pure dominance doing Seagal and Tony Jaa moves in the rings.

^
the lhw belt seems to be passed around more than any other belt.  we'll see who can keep it longer than 2 title defenses.  remember the "machida-era" and how most people thought he would hold the belt for years?  liddell was the last consistent champ and that seems forever ago.

im still not with the bones jones hype .. i just dont think hes that good, hell probably be just like brandon vera, fight for a title and have an up and down career after.

i dont see him beating shogun..

just a thought, if the bader-jones fight would of been a brawl and winner gets a medical suspension.. who would replace rashad? there isnt any contenders at the moment besides page and thiago silva which the two already booked. kinda makes me think ufc paid bader to lose that way and not hurt each other. just sayin.

edit: would rather see shogun fights spider.

but GSP > spider .. takedown clinic
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by kidUFC

im still not with the bones jones hype .. i just dont think hes that good, hell probably be just like brandon vera, fight for a title and have an up and down career after.

just a thought, if the bader-jones fight would of been a brawl and winner gets a medical suspension.. who would replace rashad? there isnt any contenders at the moment besides page and thiago silva which the two already booked. kinda makes me think ufc paid bader to lose that way and not hurt each other. just sayin.

tired.gif
tired.gif
Rampage turned down the fight with Shogun after Evans pulled out. If Jones was injured they probably would have put Griffin or someone in there, I don't think the UFC paid Bader to lose
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SlimCharlieBrown

tired.gif
tired.gif
Rampage turned down the fight with Shogun after Evans pulled out. If Jones was injured they probably would have put Griffin or someone in there, I don't think the UFC paid Bader to lose
roll.gif
Conspiracy brotha slow ya roll
laugh.gif
... theoretically what you said makes sense but Dana White makes too much money to do sumthing that silly...

at least for now, maybe in sum time when the steam dies down  a lil, as we're starting to see a lil now w/ the leeching and such... but for now Jones and Anderson won n 
sick.gif
 fashion, and Dana and the fans are happier than pigs n #%%%... even if the GSP v Silva fight doesnt happen... which im betting it wont... GSP is gunna b a legend, y tarnish your image and diminish your legacy potentially by facing a guy thats twice your size... and coincidentally the best fighter to ever live
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Jones can definetly win this...by submission. dude has great trips
Ummm, I disagree. Shogun's BJJ is too good in my opinion. My prediction is Bones takes Shogun down easily but then gets caught in a kneebar.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Jones can definetly win this...by submission. dude has great trips
Ummm, I disagree. Shogun's BJJ is too good in my opinion. My prediction is Bones takes Shogun down easily but then gets caught in a kneebar.

I think Jones is good enough to not get caught like that. Dude is taller/lankier, he'll control Shogun on the ground. I hope Shogun just kos him, but I would not be surprised to see Jones grind him out for a bit and get that RNC in rd 4. 

tired.gif
tired.gif

All in bold=False

^
gsp's one of my favorite fighters but i don't think he can copy what sonnen did to anderson.  he'd be scared to stand, probably jab the whole time and keep his distance.  he might eat a front kick like vitor did or get hit with a knee going for a takedown.  before the vitor fight i gave gsp a chance, but now i doubt it.

[h1]Shogun eyes Silva showdown [/h1]
February 9, 2011
20387.2.jpg

Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua
has reiterated his desire to step into the Octagon with Anderson Silva, but is refusing to look beyond his next opponent Jon Jones.

Rua defends his light heavyweight crown against the highly-rated youngster 'Bones' Jones at UFC 128 in New Jersey, but he admits he would jump at the chance to fight the middleweight champion.

"Now I'm focused on Jon Jones," Rua told Brazil's Tatame. "It's a sin to speak about my next fight when I'm thinking about a man like Jon Jones. So I'm focused on him, but I already answered.

"It's obvious I'd fight Anderson. I respect him as a friend and a professional, but I also am a professional. Yes, I'd fight him."

However, a potential all-Brazilian showdown may be some way off. With Silva having recently dispatched compatriot Vitor Belfort at UFC 126, he awaits welterweight champion Georges St Pierre, should the Canadian see off challenger Jake Shields at UFC 129 in Toronto, with 'Rush' expected to relinquish his title and move up to the middleweight division.

Shogun vs. Silva would be
pimp.gif

UFC nearly man Florian drops to featherweight  

http://espn.go.com/mma/fighter/_/id/515/kenny-florian
5028.2.jpg

Kenny Florian expects to make his UFC featherweight debut around June or July of this year [emoji]169[/emoji] UFC
Enlarge

Kenny Florian has confirmed he will drop down to the UFC featherweight division in order to hunt down champion Jose Aldo.

Florian has been the great nearly man of the UFC lightweight division, twice losing title shots, as well as finishing on the wrong end of a decision in a title eliminator against Gray Maynard.

Those three losses represent Ken-Flo's only defeats since his UFC debut, and now he is plotting a new path to UFC gold. After serious discussions over his health, the southpaw is adamant he can operate at 145lbs, which is currently a terrain belonging to WEC icon Aldo.

"I started playing around with the idea: could I make 145? Originally, I didn't think it was possible," Florian told ESPN. "I spoke with a few nutritionists, got their opinions, told them what my body fat was, my walking-around weight, all that stuff and the general consensus was that it was very possible."

"I put a lot of thought into it, spoke with my coaches and everybody involved and decided that I am going to try it. I'm going to go for it.

"[The UFC] is very supportive. They're very excited about the move. I've spoken to Dana White, [matchmakers] Joe Silva and Sean Shelby - they're all excited. And I'm excited. I'm very motivated... For me it's first things first. My goal is to get the 145-pound belt, and then go up to 155 and challenge for that belt as well."

Manager Malki Kawa has confirmed Florian will be eyeing a couple of fights against top featherweight contenders before asking for a title shot.

Florian has no chance.

^^^ We all know how this story ends. Kenny will run through the entire division, beating everyone impressively and then get completely outclassed by Aldo in the title fight.

And does anyone know if this will his make Kenny the first person to fight in 4 different weight classes in the UFC. 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

^^^ We all know how this story ends. Kenny will run through the entire division, beating everyone impressively and then get completely outclassed by Aldo in the title fight.

And does anyone know if this will his make Kenny the first person to fight in 4 different weight classes in the UFC. 
i believe you are correct sir.  i cant think of anyone else who fought in 4 weight classes.

I like the idea of Florian moving down to FW. He has a good chance of being the champ if he boxed the way he did against gomi. I think that was the best I've seen Florian fight.

Originally Posted by sensation87

I like the idea of Florian moving down to FW. He has a good chance of being the champ if he boxed the way he did against gomi. I think that was the best I've seen Florian fight.
Aside from his jabs he looked like he didnt even want to really engage in that fight and kept his distance. He'll never get pass Aldo IMO. Dude chokes on the big fights.

The way you guys are hyping bones is crazy...

I'm not sure how the fight will turn out, but a lot of you guys are underestimating Shogun.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

The way you guys are hyping bones is crazy...

I'm not sure how the fight will turn out, but a lot of you guys are underestimating Shogun.

Vegas thinks that hype is justified.  Jones -150.

I wonder if the resale of my extra 128 tickets will go up or down because of this... Jones certainly does give the prospect of a more entertaining fight...

Back
Top Bottom