Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Yankees setting a record =
pimp.gif

Now they just gotta keep going with their clean play...make the record completely unreachable.

Originally Posted by onewearz

i still say he should be in the pen. like i said before you just dont find mo's replacement that easy. this dude closing games in the future is way more valuable than him starting.. good game though....

I just think Mo will be pitching for a few more years....and having Joba wait for that isn't worth it. If you keep him in the rotation, by that time hecould be an ace

I'm surprised it us considering our defense has been terrible the past few years.

Alot of props goes to Tex, Giambi was terrible.

LOL at team francesa up in here...im a huge fan going way back

very very nice to see Joba go 8 innings pounding fastballs all day. showed alot of poise and great control, especially with the bugs

SP match-ups via ESPN

[table][tr][td]JUNE[/td] [td]OPPONENT[/td] [td]TIME (ET)[/td] [td]NYY PITCHER[/td] [td]OPP. PITCHER[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue, Jun 2[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td]7:05 PM[/td] [td]Burnett (3-2)[/td] [td]Padilla (3-2)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed, Jun 3[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td]7:05 PM[/td] [td]Pettitte (5-1)[/td] [td]Feldman (4-0)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu, Jun 4[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td]1:05 PM[/td] [td]Sabathia (5-3)[/td] [td]McCarthy (5-2)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri, Jun 5[/td] [td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td]7:05 PM[/td] [td]Hughes (3-2)[/td] [td]Price (1-0)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Jun 6[/td] [td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td]1:05 PM[/td] [td]Chamberlain (3-1)[/td] [td]Garza (4-4)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, Jun 7[/td] [td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td]1:05 PM[/td] [td]Burnett (3-2)[/td] [td]Sonnanstine (3-5)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I just got home from working %%#%@** sweatshop hours today.

Joba DOVE? That big $%% WITNESS poster outside Jacobs probably tumbled down.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

How many wins does Joba have?
How many games have been blown by the bullpen after the 7th?
Only ONE game has been blown in the 8th inning
Joba has 3 wins.
That's +2 wins just going by that

But if Joba pitches how he's been pitching with a 3.7ish ERA for a season.... that's going to be a good amount of wins
Yankees are 6-4 when he pitches, not bad........ that's a 97 game win pace for a season for some perspective

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Can we make a seperate thread for Joba to the pen noise? Otherwise were gonna split in half word to Lost season 4.
laugh.gif

someone make that GIF of damon and cc

i was in the gym so didnt see the rest of the game. good to see we won. the joba talk should just stop. today he proved he should stay a starter. like i saidbefore....at this point i think hughes is still better but joba will eventually surpass him if he gets his #%*+ together

wth was up with the seagulls? then the bugs come back and get in joba's face as if to say "remember me @+@$+"
laugh.gif

swish
pimp.gif
hope he finally turns it around

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Joba has 3 wins.
One game? Boy, you're so off.

And the Yankees record in Joba's start is irrelevant. Look at the teams we're playing.

Joba has 3 wins.

And the Yankees record in Joba's start is irrelevant. Look at the teams we're playing.
I tried to find the number but couldn't, do you know what it is?

Joba has 3 wins.

Actually no I'm not.
I'm 100% right.
If I'm not right then prove it because I looked through every single box score.

9th inning blown games don't count because Mo pitches them
7th inning games... Joba wouldn't be pitching in the 7th 99% of the time.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ "irrelevant"
So if we lost them they'd be irrelevant too???
So we might as well be 0-10 when Joba starts since the games he pitches are irrelevant
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Every game counts genius

The Yankees weren't overly impressed that Joba Chamberlain went eight innings and allowed two runs. They were still laughing about his belly-flop dive in the fifth inning to catch that popped-up bunt by Kelly Shoppach.

"I think he went straight up in the air," said Derek Jeter, who was still chuckling.

When Chamberlain gathered himself, he looked around and didn't realize that the runner on second - Ryan Garko - was nearly at third. Jorge Posada had to tell him. "The rest of us were still laughing," Jeter said

Andy Pettitte was laughing so hard in the dugout that Joba had to step off the mound and compose himself before getting the last out of the inning. Even Joe Girardi had a smile.

"I think Joe underestimates my athleticism," said Joba, who proudly slung the WWE belt over his shoulder as he conducted his post-game interview. Commissioner Johnny Damon said it was an easy call to give Joba the title.

"I thought about Nick (Swisher), but he has enough toys," Damon said.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

None of this matters...he's not going to back to the pen....
laugh.gif
Very true.... sometimes it's almostpointless to argue it from either side....

Rest of the way....

[table][tr][td]2009 Remaining Schedule[/td] [/tr][tr][td]vs. Team[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Texas[/td] [td].600[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Detroit[/td] [td].571[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td] [td].569[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NYMets[/td] [td].560[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Toronto[/td] [td].547[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAAngels[/td] [td].510[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Atlanta[/td] [td].500[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ChiSox[/td] [td].500[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td] [td].481[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td].472[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td].462[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baltimore[/td] [td].462[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florida[/td] [td].462[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kansas City[/td] [td].460[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oakland[/td] [td].388[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Washington[/td] [td].265[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td] [td].500[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]111[/td] [/tr][/table]

I love how TBONE puts his little tweeks and spins on everything just to be right all the time.
So cheap.

Joba's no-decisions has nothing to do with the final score, especially when he can't even handle sub-500 teams.

Aquino walked the bases loaded in the seventh before Nick Swisher doubled home a pair of runs against him and Alex Rodriguez singled home two more. Before Swisher's at-bat, he stepped out of the box and had to laugh at Derek Jeter's forecasting ability, since a storm was approaching the Cleveland area."[Jeter] told me a couple of innings before it was going to start raining and it wasn't going to stop, so we need to score right now," Swisher said. "He's on first base, and as soon as I came up, it started raining. I had to step out and laugh because it was the exact same situation he told me about."
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom