Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Yo jrp44 what if he goes to the sox what are we gonna do then? Halladay is getting older but its not like he's a fireballer the guy throws a 91-93 cutterand a 92-94 four seem fastball. Basically what I'm saying is that the man knows how to pitch and he will be very effective for a long time.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

he wont be going to the sox...no need to worry.
I just don't think it would be worth trading way Joba + Hughes...

If Joba gets better as a starter and Hughes is just dominant in the pen, then Hughes could very well be Mo's replacement....

*I still think Joba is going to end up back in the bullpen

That package that was proposed on this page is definitely not going to get Halladay
laugh.gif

And Boston is in love w/its' prospects (for good reason) so they're not getting him. I'd honestly be more worried about those kids living up totheir billing than the Sox getting Roy.

I'm still pissed off knowing that if we would have won 4 of the 8 games of the Sox we would be 8 damn games up right now
eek.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I hope Hallady goes to the Phillies. I get to laugh as other teams finally get to deal with what we have to for the past several seasons.

Mets
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Joba, phil hughes, and austin jackson for doc halladay.. do it now cashman. Anything to keep him away from the sox
Youre' trippin

2 out of those 3 & some other minor leaguers & we'll talk

get roy halladay away from the AL east and ill be happy...i dont want him here, i dont want him in boston, i dont want him anywhere

why would i want another old-*#$ player who we have to pay 100mil? The yankees need to get younger everywhere - Starting pitching and up the middle defense inparticular

we need to KEEP A Jax as our CF of the future who will hit at the top of the lineup when Damon is gone. I'm telling you people, he's not a Top 25prospect in baseball for no reason, he's very toolsy/speedy and will hit .300 and steal 30 bases. I don't even wanna hear about my future all starcatcher Montero.

I'm only trading Hughes or Joba for another young special player. There is nobody at the deadline worth getting for Hughes or Joba, period.

Am I the only one who thinks Halladay isn't going anywhere this season?

I guess the Phillies have the best chance and reason but I can sense J.P. Ricciardi saying no to the deal. This is the kind of trade that will cost J.P. hisjob if the players he receives in return turn out to be complete busts.

I'm still inclined to think that Halladay will probably be traded in the offseason-assuming there is an offer he cannot refuse.

It is telling that some Yankees actually want their team to go after Halladay. No names of who but some have given their two cents. It would be sick ifHalladay became a Yankee, I can't lie about that.
laugh.gif

Some yankee fans in this thread need to realize that joba will never be josh beckett.. the yankee brass has wet dreams that joba will be come a fireball acewith a wicked slider that averages 9 k's per I'm sorry I don't think that's happening. In my opinion this guy's ceiling will be brad pennyfrom 03.. a 5 inning guy that can top out at 95 when he's on and I don't see that out of him anytime soon. Now joba in the pen is a whole other story

Some yankee fans in this thread need to realize that joba will never be josh beckett.. the yankee brass has wet dreams that joba will be come a fireball ace with a wicked slider that averages 9 k's per I'm sorry I don't think that's happening. In my opinion this guy's ceiling will be brad penny from 03.. a 5 inning guy that can top out at 95 when he's on and I don't see that out of him anytime soon. Now joba in the pen is a whole other story

yea im going to have to agree with this. the way joba has pitched this year has just been
sick.gif
. i've been backing up keeping joba as a starter for a while but i think hebelongs in the pen now. BUT i still want to give joba the full year starting before throwing him back in the pen to see if he can have a strong second half

ive been sayin joba to the pen since day one. yanks screwed that one up. in the pen this dude was jonathan broxton .......

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Some yankee fans in this thread need to realize that joba will never be josh beckett.. the yankee brass has wet dreams that joba will be come a fireball ace with a wicked slider that averages 9 k's per I'm sorry I don't think that's happening. In my opinion this guy's ceiling will be brad penny from 03.. a 5 inning guy that can top out at 95 when he's on and I don't see that out of him anytime soon. Now joba in the pen is a whole other story

yea im going to have to agree with this. the way joba has pitched this year has just been
sick.gif
. i've been backing up keeping joba as a starter for a while but i think he belongs in the pen now. BUT i still want to give joba the full year starting before throwing him back in the pen to see if he can have a strong second half
But he's only 23. How many guys do you know at 23 that have been successful?

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

ive been sayin joba to the pen since day one. yanks screwed that one up. in the pen this dude was jonathan broxton .......
A shame.

Sox scored 1
smh.gif

Sox get all the breaks smh... yo guys think about our record and all the problems we have had this season so far... wang has been a tradgedy, a-rod out for amonth, and going 0-8 vs. The sox. Just think about it a-rod and tex have not got hot together yet cano has been abysmal with risp and c.c hasn't gotteninto his groove yet (burnett settling into it now) and andy has been so-so but he's been known to turn it up in the second half.. basically I'm sayingif we go into the all-star break how were playing now that would be amazing.. we haven't even hit our full potential yet
devil.gif

KingFoam...none of our prospects are considered TOP END for the Jays to consider sending Halladay...I could start naming em but I wore myself out in the otherthread
laugh.gif

Jeter nearly took Saunders head off.

Back
Top Bottom