Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

bkmac

Banned
Logo36.jpg

My my, how time flies. The Jets have given me yet another year of heartbreak. However, despite the very questionable off-season moves by the Yankees, I will welcome them back into my life, full swing, because with baseball, comes warmer weather, and I'm all for that too right now.

This thread is being made to get some discussion started, and I will update this first post with notes about the off-season and other goodies, as I've been trying to do the last two seasons.

Welcome home, Team Yankees of NT, it's about that time again...
pimp.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Opening Day 40-Man Roster
Here’s the actual Yankees roster that will open the season tomorrow.

Lineup
Brett Gardner LF
Derek Jeter SS
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Jorge Posada C
Curtis Granderson CF
Russell Martin C

Bench
Gustavo Molina C
Andruw Jones OF
Eric Chavez 1B/3B
Eduardo Nunez SS/2B

Rotation
CC Sabathia
A.J. Burnett
Phil Hughes
Ivan Nova
Freddy Garcia

Bullpen
Mariano Rivera
Rafael Soriano
Joba Chamberlain
Dave Robertson
Boone Logan
Bartolo Colon
Luis Ayala

-LoHud Blog

Minor League Rosters:

YUKU told me to edit out the Minor League Rosters spoiler in order to be able to edit the thread title. Let's try this out.

Logo36.jpg

My my, how time flies. The Jets have given me yet another year of heartbreak. However, despite the very questionable off-season moves by the Yankees, I will welcome them back into my life, full swing, because with baseball, comes warmer weather, and I'm all for that too right now.

This thread is being made to get some discussion started, and I will update this first post with notes about the off-season and other goodies, as I've been trying to do the last two seasons.

Welcome home, Team Yankees of NT, it's about that time again...
pimp.gif

2011 Opening Day 40-Man Roster
Here’s the actual Yankees roster that will open the season tomorrow.

Lineup
Brett Gardner LF
Derek Jeter SS
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Jorge Posada C
Curtis Granderson CF
Russell Martin C

Bench
Gustavo Molina C
Andruw Jones OF
Eric Chavez 1B/3B
Eduardo Nunez SS/2B

Rotation
CC Sabathia
A.J. Burnett
Phil Hughes
Ivan Nova
Freddy Garcia

Bullpen
Mariano Rivera
Rafael Soriano
Joba Chamberlain
Dave Robertson
Boone Logan
Bartolo Colon
Luis Ayala

-LoHud Blog

Minor League Rosters:

YUKU told me to edit out the Minor League Rosters spoiler in order to be able to edit the thread title. Let's try this out.

DSA, if I see you with a Yankee avy at any point in the season, I will call it a successful season
laugh.gif

Some discussion to get this thread going:

-How would you rate our off-season (scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst possible, 10 being exceptionally successful)?
  • -Andrew Eugene Pettitte retiring
    frown.gif
    . How much will this affect the rotation, and also team chemistry?
  • -Who are you most interested in following throughout the season out of the following players:
  • -A.J.
  • -Russell Martin/(whoever winds up being the 4th & 5th starters in the rotation)
  • -Posada handling the role as DH/crying about not catching.
  • -Jeter
  • -C.C. (can opt-out)
  • -Montero (if he makes the team/called up at any point)
  • -The comeback trail of Mark Prior, Bartolo Colon, and Freddy Garcia.
-Afraid of Boston?

If anyone puts in thoughts on the questions above, maybe answering them in a
will keep things clean. If not, no worries.

DSA, if I see you with a Yankee avy at any point in the season, I will call it a successful season
laugh.gif

-How would you rate our off-season (scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst possible, 10 being exceptionally successful)?
    frown.gif
  • -Who are you most interested in following throughout the season out of the following players:
  • -A.J.
  • -Russell Martin/(whoever winds up being the 4th & 5th starters in the rotation)
  • -Posada handling the role as DH/crying about not catching.
  • -Jeter
  • -C.C. (can opt-out)
-Afraid of Boston?

If anyone puts in thoughts on the questions above, maybe answering them in a
will keep things clean. If not, no worries.

Originally Posted by bkmac

laugh.gif

frown.gif
  • -A.J.
  • -Jeter
  • -C.C. (can opt-out)
-Afraid of Boston?

5 out of 10.Missing out on Cliff Lee hurts bad.I am very interested in AJ, i feel like he will have a strong season. and by feel, i mean pray. Sad, but respect Andy for leaving. Russell Martin intrigues me, should be a big upgrade defensively. Jorge DHing is a big big concern for me. I feel like he could be detrimental to the team and lineup, especially if he starts slumpingJeter, eh not expecting too much. CC wont opt out. and if he does, were paying him even more $. expecting ZERO out of Prior and Colon. Garcia should be able to help in some way.

Originally Posted by bkmac

laugh.gif

frown.gif
  • -A.J.
  • -Jeter
  • -C.C. (can opt-out)
-Afraid of Boston?

5 out of 10.Missing out on Cliff Lee hurts bad.I am very interested in AJ, i feel like he will have a strong season. and by feel, i mean pray. Sad, but respect Andy for leaving. Russell Martin intrigues me, should be a big upgrade defensively. Jorge DHing is a big big concern for me. I feel like he could be detrimental to the team and lineup, especially if he starts slumpingJeter, eh not expecting too much. CC wont opt out. and if he does, were paying him even more $. expecting ZERO out of Prior and Colon. Garcia should be able to help in some way.

BK you are a jerk! I was going to make this thread the day Pitchers and Catchers reported...I'm mad...

ANYWAY...

going to be an interesting season, to say the least. Hopefully we see Montero up by midseason. Some of the killer B's get some experience this year.

Not worried about the offense...

My starting lineup would be

1. Derek Jeter - SS
2. Nick Swisher - RF
3. Mark Teixiera - 1B
4. Alex Rodriguez - 3B
5. Robinson Cano - 2B
6. Jorge Posada - DH
7. Curtis Granderson - CF
8. Russell Martin - C
9. Brett Gardner - LF

Although I'd like to see Brett leadoff and maybe bat Swish in the 6 spot, like I said I'm not worried about the offense. The pitching...ugh...

1. CC Sabathia
2. AJ Burnett
3. Phil Hughes
4. Sergio Mitre
5. Ivan Nova

Y-U-C-K @ 4 and 5...holy cow...that's bad to start the season...might as well get Aaron Small in there...smh...

Hopefully Cash can swindle someone and get 1 pitcher...Liriano
nerd.gif

Lets hope for the best...

oh and last but certainly not least...

#TEAMSHRIMP

BK you are a jerk! I was going to make this thread the day Pitchers and Catchers reported...I'm mad...

ANYWAY...

going to be an interesting season, to say the least. Hopefully we see Montero up by midseason. Some of the killer B's get some experience this year.

Not worried about the offense...

My starting lineup would be

1. Derek Jeter - SS
2. Nick Swisher - RF
3. Mark Teixiera - 1B
4. Alex Rodriguez - 3B
5. Robinson Cano - 2B
6. Jorge Posada - DH
7. Curtis Granderson - CF
8. Russell Martin - C
9. Brett Gardner - LF

Although I'd like to see Brett leadoff and maybe bat Swish in the 6 spot, like I said I'm not worried about the offense. The pitching...ugh...

1. CC Sabathia
2. AJ Burnett
3. Phil Hughes
4. Sergio Mitre
5. Ivan Nova

Y-U-C-K @ 4 and 5...holy cow...that's bad to start the season...might as well get Aaron Small in there...smh...

Hopefully Cash can swindle someone and get 1 pitcher...Liriano
nerd.gif

Lets hope for the best...

oh and last but certainly not least...

#TEAMSHRIMP

How much more will Kei Igawa pad his record as the winningest pitcher Scranton has ever seen in his final year.

How much more will Kei Igawa pad his record as the winningest pitcher Scranton has ever seen in his final year.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Friendly wager Deadset? Division winner picks the others avy for a month?
done...and if one of the scrub teams in the division wins, we both impose self bans for a month
laugh.gif

kidding about the last part. i accept your original bet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Friendly wager Deadset? Division winner picks the others avy for a month?
done...and if one of the scrub teams in the division wins, we both impose self bans for a month
laugh.gif

kidding about the last part. i accept your original bet
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
watch the O's come in and win the division by 10+ games. DJ's would go crazy if that happened.

Montero needs to be on this team from day 1. IDC what anyone says, his bat will play and he's done everything he can in the minors. If we trade him because of Russell Martin, we'll regret that day for the next 10 years.

laugh.gif
watch the O's come in and win the division by 10+ games. DJ's would go crazy if that happened.

Montero needs to be on this team from day 1. IDC what anyone says, his bat will play and he's done everything he can in the minors. If we trade him because of Russell Martin, we'll regret that day for the next 10 years.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

^ I agree but I doubt the Yanks carry 3 catchers to start the season

They need to give him some kind of time at the big league level.  I don't really care who they take time away from TBH.  He's done all he can in the minors, it's time to show if that can carry over to the big leagues.  I HATED the signing of Martin.  It still irks me to this day.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

^ I agree but I doubt the Yanks carry 3 catchers to start the season

They need to give him some kind of time at the big league level.  I don't really care who they take time away from TBH.  He's done all he can in the minors, it's time to show if that can carry over to the big leagues.  I HATED the signing of Martin.  It still irks me to this day.

Buying a 240hz 3D TV for the start of the season needless to say im hyped 
embarassed.gif

Mitre in our rotation and not Cliff Lee
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom