Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP you have to stop comparing this Dwight Lakers future situation to Shaq.

The Lakers lucked out big time in the 1996, traded for Kobe Bryant at a time HS school players were still risky and NBA scouting was elementary. That's what happened that made the next 17 years so damn bright and prosperous.

Is that what you expect to happen? Is this where to expect history to repeat itself?

Lets say the Lakers keep Dwight, who do you expect to get in 2014? Which free agents?

Kevin Love in 2015, but is Dwight going to wait till he's 30 years old to get a chance to start winning?

Essential you said Houston is no NYC, LA, Chi. You're right, they're ranked right behind them as the 4th biggest market/city in the United States. You make it seem like Dwight would be going to Portland or Minnesota.

If this current Rockets team was the Lakers, 100% chance Dwight signs.

Food for thought.

You watchin this trade deadline? Nobody doin ****. Nothing. No one wants to add money, they all afraid of the tax, etc.

We're clear as a bell in 16 months. (provided we sign Dwight, he becomes the main cog, and we open the rest of the payroll to add pieces)

We become buyers, regardless of what's for sale. Now, we don't wanna just be buyin up trash, course not, but what we could do is buy a player that a team doesn't want to lose, Josh Smith would be this year's guy. Not enough for us, right? But in 2-3 years, those players, or player types, could be a lot better.

You guys crack me up. You act like the Lakers are new money or some ******g thing. Like we'll never be good ever again, callin us Cowboys and ****. :lol:

All we heard, and I mean, ALL WE HEARD when Shaq left, done, dead, never see again, LA no more, gone, old news, over, forget it, blah blah blah. It took us FOUR years to be back in the finals. From our "death" bed.

Now I'm being told, naw, ya'll done, the Rockets, yeah, that's where it's at now. :lol:

I know Jerry is gone, but do not forget, this new regime has landed CP3, taken away, Sessions for Luke Walton, that's a win, Jordan Hill for D Fisher, win, Nash for draft picks, meh, dunno how I feel about that, and Dwight for a guy not even playin. Oh, and turned Earl Clark into somebody, just like we did with Ariza and Shannon Brown. Bums to useable pieces.

The only misstep they have made is MDA over Phil coming back. Otherwise, that track record right there is up there with anybody else in the game, including super duper Morey.

Jerry might be gone, but the people that run things were all well trained at their jobs. And I don't think we goin broke anytime soon, so........?

Biggest, and most important key in all this, Dwight has to be healthy. If he ain't, none of it matters. If he gets healthy, and that's a big if right now, then it works out in time.

Orlando has traded J.J Redick to the Bucks, league source tells Y!

Last edited:
Twitter sayin the Wiz got someone else with Barbosa, but not sayin who. Melo still in the deal maybe?

Evidently this trade went through

I traded in half my afternoon watching this ****. I got nothing in return.

Last edited:
The deadline sucked. Like waking up on Christmas and unwrapping a box that has... Jordan Crawford and Ronnie Brewer trading cards in it. The **** is this

Since the trade deadline was so lame, we finally have some BREAKING NEWS coming from Laker camp.

LOS ANGELES—After a tumultuous and disappointing first half of their season, Kobe Bryant reportedly called a Kobe-Bryant-only meeting Thursday to air out the many issues still plaguing the Lakers. “There are 29 games to go and we’re still under .500, so everybody needs to step their game up right now,” Bryant reportedly said during the closed-door talks, which did not include coaches, upper management, or any of the other 13 players on the Lakers’ roster. “I’m sick of hearing excuses about shoulder injuries or trade speculation. We should be contending for the title, but I feel like I’m the only one out there who even gives a damn. And frankly, that’s pathetic.” Reached for comment, Bryant told reporters the meeting was “very positive,” as it was unanimously agreed that the 15-time All-Star should get more of the ball during games

LOS ANGELES—Following his team’s surprising decision not to hire Phil Jackson as its new head coach, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told reporters Tuesday that Mike D’Antoni had won the job by sending an incredibly polished, well-written, and far superior cover letter. “Mike really blew us away when he described his 10 years of NBA head coaching experience and his specific ideas for improving our offense,” said Kupchak, adding that the former Knicks coach also included Steve Nash, Mike Krzyzewski, and Steve Kerr as professional references, while Jackson’s letter was only a half page of double-spaced text containing numerous typos. “Frankly, Phil didn’t put a whole lot of effort into his application. In the skills section, he just wrote ‘superior communication abilities’ and ‘thriving in a fast-paced environment,’ which don’t really mean anything. Also, I think he repurposed an old letter, because it was addressed to a ‘Mr. Krause.’” At press time, upon verifying Jackson’s employment history, Kupchak confirmed that the Hall of Fame coach had lied on his résumé about having won 19 NBA championships.

Lebron as well, what a douche.

MIAMI—Shooting 56 percent from the field so far this season and completing an astounding 49 of his last 65 shots, LeBron James has recently taken his game to another level in a transparent and paltry attempt to win widespread admiration, sources confirmed Tuesday. “In typical fashion, LeBron is shamelessly trying to get everyone to like him,” said ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, who mentioned that it was “pitiful” to see James pulling publicity stunts such as improving his rebounding skills and shooting more consistently than any basketball player in history. “It’s sad enough to see him scoring points at will, but when he’s also locking down on defense, making all his teammates look better, and generally improving every facet of his game, it just looks desperate.” Smith added that at least James had toned back his pathetic antics since last season, when the 9-time all star “practically begged” for praise by winning an NBA championship

Last edited:
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...rose-brother-says-no-trades-big-factor-return

CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose's brother and manager Reggie Rose said Thursday the franchise hasn't put enough quality players around the Chicago Bulls star to win a championship and that could be a "big factor" in whether he returns this season from a knee injury.

Reggie Rose said he was speaking for himself and not his brother.

"What have you pieced together? Have you made any moves? Have you made any trades to get better? You know all roads to the championship lead through Miami," Reggie Rose said. "What pieces have you put together for the physical playoffs?

It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him. Joakim Noah is a great player. Luol Deng is a great player. But you need more than that. You have to put together pieces to your main piece. The players can only do so much. It's up to the organization to make them better."

The Bulls stood pat at Thursday's trade deadline.

"It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him," Reggie Rose said.

Pulling off a trade would have been complicated for the Bulls, who are hard capped at $74 million in payroll this season.

"We're up against what's called a hard cap," Bulls vice president John Paxson said last month on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN Chicago 1000. "In order for us to do something we're not in a position to take on any real salary so we're kind of limited in what we can do. I think our team has grown -- it's not always pretty, let's face it; we've had some ugly games this year and that's kind of who we are right now. But we do grind it out and play hard.

"You're always on the lookout to do certain things, but I think our move hopefully will be bringing Derrick back into the fold."

The Bulls, who have had the NBA's best record the past two seasons, have been without Rose all season as he recovers from May knee surgery but have stayed near the top of the Central Division standings. They enter Thursday's game against the Miami Heat with a 31-22 record and are the fifth seed in the East.

Initially believed to return sometime after last weekend's All-Star break, Rose said last week he wouldn't "mind missing this year" if he didn't feel ready to return and insisted that the decision is his to make.

Reggie Rose said the Bulls have known all along Rose could sit out this season, but the organization hasn't mentioned it because it would have affected ticket sales.

"Everyone is expecting Derrick to come back," Reggie Rose said. "If Derrick comes back, they're going to sell more tickets. Is the reason for Derrick to come back to win a championship or make money? Right now, I don't believe a championship. Everything in the NBA is financial."

Bulls general manager Gar Forman declined comment when contacted by ESPNChicago.com.

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said Thursday that Rose has "made the next step" in his rehab by participating in 5-on-5 drills on Monday and Wednesday, but he is still uncertain when Rose will be back.

"The big thing is you have to recognize the intensity of practice is different than the intensity of a game," Thibodeau said. "So he's made the next step. He's got to do this for a while. There's no timetable. He's making good progress. He's right where he should be. We just want him to continue to concentrate on the rehab, and when he's ready to go he'll go."

Reggie Rose believes Derrick Rose is close to playing this season, but he has to be ready in all facets before that happens.

"We can't give a timetable on it," Reggie Rose said. "It's up to Derrick. ... It's a possibility (he could miss the season). It's about Derrick's career. If he plays in the first game and aggravates the injury, what are they going to say about him coming back too soon?

"This isn't a quick decision. This is a career decision. It's not about just making the playoffs. It's about my little brother's career. He has to be ready physically and mentally. I want him to be in a position not to fail and let everyone down."

Reggie Rose said Rose's camp communicates weekly with the Bulls and insists there is no disconnect.

"We talk off and on," Reggie Rose said. "It's not every day. I think everyone is on the same page. I just think at the end of the day it's on the player, it's on Derrick to feel OK."

Rose's Adidas contract dwarfs his deal with the Bulls, but Reggie Rose said Adidas does not have a say in his return.

"Not at all," Reggie Rose said. "They have a partnership with Derrick. Derrick has a brand in their company. Adidas would love to get him back on the court. They've had two shoes released by him."

Reggie Rose rips Bulls' inactivity
Scott Powers
ESPNChicago.com
February 21, 2013

CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose's brother and manager Reggie Rose said Thursday the franchise hasn't put enough quality players around the Chicago Bulls star to win a championship and that could be a "big factor" in whether he returns this season from a knee injury.

Reggie Rose said he was speaking for himself and not his brother.

"What have you pieced together? Have you made any moves? Have you made any trades to get better? You know all roads to the championship lead through Miami," Reggie Rose said. "What pieces have you put together for the physical playoffs?

"Joakim Noah is a great player. Luol Deng is a great player. But you need more than that. You have to put together pieces to your main piece. The players can only do so much. It's up to the organization to make them better."

The Bulls stood pat at Thursday's trade deadline.

"It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him," Reggie Rose said.

Pulling off a trade would have been complicated for the Bulls, who are hard capped at $74 million in payroll this season.

"We're up against what's called a hard cap," Bulls vice president John Paxson said last month on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN Chicago 1000. "In order for us to do something we're not in a position to take on any real salary so we're kind of limited in what we can do. I think our team has grown -- it's not always pretty, let's face it; we've had some ugly games this year and that's kind of who we are right now. But we do grind it out and play hard.

"You're always on the lookout to do certain things, but I think our move hopefully will be bringing Derrick back into the fold."

The Bulls, who have had the NBA's best record the past two seasons, have been without Rose all season as he recovers from May knee surgery but have stayed near the top of the Central Division standings. They enter Thursday's game against the Miami Heat with a 31-22 record and are the fifth seed in the East.

Initially believed to return sometime after last weekend's All-Star break, Rose said last week he wouldn't "mind missing this year" if he didn't feel ready to return and insisted that the decision is his to make.

Reggie Rose said the Bulls have known all along Rose could sit out this season, but the organization hasn't mentioned it because it would have affected ticket sales.

"Everyone is expecting Derrick to come back," Reggie Rose said. "If Derrick comes back, they're going to sell more tickets. Is the reason for Derrick to come back to win a championship or make money? Right now, I don't believe a championship. Everything in the NBA is financial."

Bulls general manager Gar Forman declined comment when contacted by ESPNChicago.com.

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said Thursday that Rose has "made the next step" in his rehab by participating in 5-on-5 drills on Monday and Wednesday, but he is still uncertain when Rose will be back.

"The big thing is you have to recognize the intensity of practice is different than the intensity of a game," Thibodeau said. "So he's made the next step. He's got to do this for a while. There's no timetable. He's making good progress. He's right where he should be. We just want him to continue to concentrate on the rehab, and when he's ready to go he'll go."

Reggie Rose believes Derrick Rose is close to playing this season, but he has to be ready in all facets before that happens.

"We can't give a timetable on it," Reggie Rose said. "It's up to Derrick. ... It's a possibility (he could miss the season). It's about Derrick's career. If he plays in the first game and aggravates the injury, what are they going to say about him coming back too soon?

"This isn't a quick decision. This is a career decision. It's not about just making the playoffs. It's about my little brother's career. He has to be ready physically and mentally. I want him to be in a position not to fail and let everyone down."

Reggie Rose said Rose's camp communicates weekly with the Bulls and insists there is no disconnect.

"We talk off and on," Reggie Rose said. "It's not every day. I think everyone is on the same page. I just think at the end of the day it's on the player, it's on Derrick to feel OK."

Rose's Adidas contract dwarfs his deal with the Bulls, but Reggie Rose said Adidas does not have a say in his return.

"Not at all," Reggie Rose said. "They have a partnership with Derrick. Derrick has a brand in their company. Adidas would love to get him back on the court. They've had two shoes released by him."

Information from ESPN Insider Amin Elhassan was used in this report. ESPNChicago.com's Nick Friedell contributed.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...rose-brother-says-no-trades-big-factor-return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom