Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny because as I was reading that, all I could think about was this:

^^^A few things to consider about that Clippers article: it's the only report I've seen claiming the team had chemistry issues and its from a writer who's known for trying to create controversy. All the players (and beat writers who are around the team every day) were quick to come out and deny there were any problems after the article came out. All year long the players have been saying that this is the closest team they've ever been on and that it's like a family. The players often hang out off the court, including Blake and CP.

The Clippers may have gone out early, but chemistry wasn't the problem. The problem was that they played a talented, better coached team that acted like they wanted it more.

Don't know if this was posted but the guy that voted for Carmelo was from the Boston Globe. Great article

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...gzGaxzlt9KF0JDfqM/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

:lol: dude should be fired

He did it to take some of the acclaim for himself. Now he'll always be linked to the award. Shameful :smh:

Melo isn't even (well shouldn't be) 1st team all nba yet you give him a 1st place MVP vote, I could see if you voted Kobe or KD. Pure Mularky.

Don't know if this was posted but the guy that voted for Carmelo was from the Boston Globe. Great article

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...gzGaxzlt9KF0JDfqM/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

He did it to take some of the acclaim for himself. Now he'll always be linked to the award. Shameful :smh:

Melo isn't even (well shouldn't be) 1st team all nba yet you give him a 1st place MVP vote, I could see if you voted Kobe or KD. Pure Mularky.

We not gonna go that far.

How you gonna win the scoring title and not be 1st team??

His argument would hold up better if he truly believed Miami was a title contender without him. He'd be wrong, but it'd make for a better case.

But he says himself, a 5 or 6 seed. Again, the drop off from 66 wins and outright favorite to win it all down to a 5 or 6 seed is the same difference between the Knicks being a 55 win team to dropping off to winning 30-35 games. But some people only view 'value' when you turn something mediocre into good. Very Good to historically great? Nah, no value there.

He might as well put Lamarcus Aldridge on his ballot. Pretty sure given the Blazers roster and the fact they were 1-7 without him, they'd don't win any more than 15 games if he's not around.

Last edited:
With his logic James Harden should be MVP. :lol:

At the end of the day Carmelo scores....and that's it. He's not a LeBron, a KD or a Kobe.

People stay wanting to hype him up like he's a superstar. If Carmelo isn't scoring he has little to no value on the court..you can't say that for those other names mentioned or anybody else who's ever been called a superstar.

Last edited:

laugh.gif
dude should be fired
He did it to take some of the acclaim for himself. Now he'll always be linked to the award. Shameful
mean.gif

Carmelo Anthony is NOT making first team. If he does then thats an absolute joke. The first team is already been decided based off reg season play.

Sidebar: Tyson Chandler won DPoY and didnt make the all defensive first team lulz. That was hilarious.
With his logic James Harden should be MVP.
laugh.gif

At the end of the day Carmelo scores....and that's it. He's not a LeBron, a KD or a Kobe.

People stay wanting to hype him up like he's a superstar. If Carmelo isn't scoring he has little to no value on the court..you can't say that for those other names mentioned or anybody else who's ever been called a superstar.
If the MVP was done the way its defined, James Harden should have finished second or third IMO, off the strength of value to the roster,but thats not MVP is about anymore

Last edited:

The scoring title shouldn't just only warrant a player for the All NBA 1st Team, but overall play.

Besides, the scoring title should go to the player who scores the most points in a season, not the average.

Durant scored 2280 to Carmelo's 1920 points.

The scoring title shouldn't just only warrant a player for the All NBA 1st Team, but overall play.

Besides, the scoring title should go to the player who scores the most points in a season, not the average.

Durant scored 2280 to Carmelo's 1920 points.
All of this is true, but the bolded espeically.

Does anyone else remember when Magic used to do the play by play during the NBA on NBC era? The heat celtics play by play with magic was full of lols. You can't tell me he hasn't improved since then.

On a side note, the episode of the Magic hour with Howard Stern essentially put a nail in Magic's late night show career.

Last edited:
Going by that logic Jordan should not have won a single MVP after Phil & Scottie arrived.

Since the trade, New York is also a .500 team when Melo sits. He has never been surrounded by lottery level talent, especially this season.

I give the guy credit for making an argument. It's not a good argument - at all - but at least he's trying to back up what he did.

Paul
Bryant
James
Durant
Gasol

Who's spot does he deserve to take and please provide a logical argument for your selection.

Is it me or the Knicks don't really play team ball? It seems like its just two guys jacking up shots. I don't follow the knicks, but when point guard has like 2 or three assists, something is off.

Last edited:
I was thinking about something earlier. If Blake Grifin makes any All NBA team over David Lee then its robbery

1st Team

Paul, Bryant, James, Durant, Gasol

2nd Team

WestBrook, Wade, Anthony, Lee, Duncan

3rd Team

Parker, Harden, George, Griffin, Howard

Parker will get screwed and dropped that low, and I wouldnt be surprised if the powers that be fumble the rock and put Howard over Duncan for some reason. Howard shouldnt go at all and that 3rd team spot should belong to Lopez but I just dont see that coming to fruition

I was thinking about something earlier. If Blake Grifin makes any All NBA team over David Lee then its robbery

1st Team
Paul, Bryant, James, Durant, Gasol

2nd Team
WestBrook, Wade, Anthony, Lee, Duncan

3rd Team

Parker, Harden, George, Griffin, Howard

Parker will get screwed and dropped that low, and I wouldnt be surprised if the powers that be fumble the rock and put Howard over Duncan for some reason. Howard shouldnt go at all and that 3rd team spot should belong to Lopez but I just dont see that coming to fruition

Howard over Brooke would a travesty :smh:

Even though I'd still take Griffin over Lee, I'd have no problem with Griffin getting left of the all-NBA teams completely. Lee had a better year statistically and his team was close to as good as Griffin's. In fact, I kind of hope Blake doesn't make any of the all-NBA teams because I want him to be as motivated as possible this off season. He didn't improve as much as he should have this year and I want a bigger improvement from him next year.

And although it wouldn't be deserved, I think Howard will get on there somewhere. He did lead the league in rebounding and was up there in blocks, which is probably enough to get him on one of the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom