Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul George from the Slam Dunk contest

Yooo, I seriously thought that was LeBron in a Kobe Jersey. Was about to say "that was a hell of a photoshop but how did you the image to move?" Hahaha.

Never saw that Paul George dunk. More evidence that the Slam Dunk competition is dead. Lol

just annoys how our style of play in the playoffs so far is completely opposite than what we saw in March/April
mean.gif
COMPLETELY different. It's laughable how much they switched **** up for the postseason.

Part of that has to do with the rotation being shortened (less Novak, Copeland, etc.). But they racked up on ISO's and guys aren't performing like they were just a few weeks ago.

The Bulls got a shocking win, but I think their best chance to get any more is to ride the hype and emotion of a D Rose return

TNT reporting a return may be just more smoke, but I badly want to see it.

Last edited:
I wonder if Ernie's ever told Shaq to just shut up when they're off camera :lol:

If I was him I woulda snapped already.

Saltine crackers and grape juice tho :lol:

im happy marv albert is calling the bulls game...reminds me of great 90s

can we get bob costas do to an intro with some john tesh??

Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News writes about how mad Gregg Popovich was at Manu Ginobili for a contested long 3 with 44 seconds left.

Then the Argentine hit the game-winning 3 at the end of the second overtime, which changed everything. (And hell no the play wasn't drawn up for Ginobili.)
"I went from trading him on the spot," Popovich said, "to wanting to cook him breakfast tomorrow."

Afterward, Ginobili played along.

"I'll have an omelet," he said, "with mushroom."

The inbound play that finally put an end to the madness wasn't supposed to go Ginobili.

"I wasn't even an option," Ginobili said. "They told me to go screen and stay far away from the play."
laugh.gif

The problem with the Knicks (aside from this huge offensive slump) is Indiana's size. With Melo at the 4, it makes it even worse. That would be the one thing Amare might help with.

no reason the Knicks should be forced to play big, need to spread the court and play their game and make Indiana pay.

i wanna see them let felton cook a little more instead of relying so heavily on melo. ray can create and is a pretty decent slasher, let's use him more.

The problem with the Knicks (aside from this huge offensive slump) is Indiana's size. With Melo at the 4, it makes it even worse. That would be the one thing Amare might help with.

no reason the Knicks should be forced to play big, need to spread the court and play their game and make Indiana pay.

And what happens on the other side of the ball? And when this team spreads the court and continues to brick 65% of their shots? Indiana is the best rebounding team in the league, the small lineup plays right into their strength. The small lineup didn't do so hot against them in the regular season. The offensive ineptitude paired with Indiana's size is not a good combo for them.

Now if they start to play like they did in the regular season, it may be a different story. It's been 7 games. My faith in that game returned full scale diminishes every quarter. How you go from a top 3 offense to 16th out of 16 is beyond me. JRS is right, they need more Felton (and Kidd). Felton should not get 5 shots in the second half after how good he looked in the first.

Last edited:
You can play small, you just can't play small and slow - which the Knicks do. Something has to give.

And what happens on the other side of the ball? And when this team spreads the court and continues to brick 65% of their shots? Indiana is the best rebounding team in the league, the small lineup plays right into their strength. The small lineup didn't do so hot against them in the regular season. The offensive ineptitude paired with Indiana's size is not a good combo for them.

Now if they start to play like they did in the regular season, it may be a different story. It's been 7 games. My faith in that game returned full scale diminishes every quarter. How you go from a top 3 offense to 16th out of 16 is beyond me. JRS is right, they need more Felton (and Kidd). Felton should not get 5 shots in the second half after how good he looked in the first.

Kidd hasn't even made a shot in weeks nor is he even looking to shoot. Felton was pretty involved last game and the Knicks outscored the Pacers while Melo was on the floor, and Indy pulled away when Melo sat with foul trouble.

Knicks have had open looks last game and just have not been knocking them down. Melo and JR need to shoot better from the perimeter, if they do they'll win.

Guards can still rebound the ball, they were just not in the right spots. They need to push the ball and force the action and stop walking the ball up the court, playing big and slowing down the game plays right into Indiana's hands...it's not what has gotten them there to this point. Going big is a panic move.

Last edited:
regardless, melo and jr was shooting bad and we still scored over 90 points. thats def enough to beat indiana, just gotta play D and rebound better

Should be a lively Suns presser this week.....

BREAKING NEWS: Suns player accused of sexual assault

PHOENIX - The Scottsdale Police Department confirmed Tuesday that they are investigating an allegation of sexual assault against Phoenix Suns player Michael Beasley.

The incident reportedly took place on January 13.

“At this point we can only say the investigation is ongoing,” said David Pubins, Scottsdale police spokesman. “We are interviewing those involved and processing any physical evidence we may have to try and determine if criminal charges are appropriate.”

Beasley earned a spot at forward with the Suns in 2012. He played in 75 games and averaged 10.1 points per game.

Phoenix Suns name Ryan McDonough new General Manager

PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns announced that Ryan McDonough will serve as the Suns new General Manager.

The organization made the announcement on Tuesday morning.

McDonough joins the Suns after serving the past three seasons as the assistant General Manager with the Boston Celtics. The 33-year-old joined the Celtics front office in 2003.

“(McDonough’s) natural leadership and communication skills will serve the Suns well. And, his prodigious work ethic and ability to identify talent will enable us to take full advantage of the 10 draft choices, including six in the first round, that we have over the next three years. We welcome his championship pedigree to our organization,” said Suns President of Basketball Operation Lon Babby.

The Suns will introduce McDonough at a press conference on Thursday at 11:30 a.m.

i wanna see them let felton cook a little more instead of relying so heavily on melo. ray can create and is a pretty decent slasher, let's use him more.
He was the key to them beating Boston. I think Vogel's gameplan was to stick to the shooters and make him a scorer though, which bodes well since their shooting has declined quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom