Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just playing the devil's advocate here, remember its a regular season award. The only way to measure the impact of a coach is by win-loss. The nuggets finished 3rd in a stacked west, and no they weren't full strength. The dubs finished 6th. the bulls finished 5th in a weak eastern conference just a game up on the Hawks. Only other coaches possibly in the conversation are Woodson or Vogel.
Mark Jackson took a team that wasn't even projected to make the playoffs there in a stacked west

Q Rich with the head pound :lol: :pimp: That's classic right there

Very surprised Mark Jackson or Tom Thibodeau didn't win COY

Conley played great last night... Great job closing & a very complete game.

Last edited:
Poor attitude? Do explain.

Do you mean passion and intensity for the game. Selling out for your teammates every play on the court. Sacrificing the body at will if it means a W.

Durant is the golden boy in the NBA. Likeable character, kinda seems as if he does nothing wrong.

Westbrook might have all the passion, intensity, sacrifice, etc which is why his teammates love him. He's just not as "professional" as Durant. Overreacting on calls (even though Durant quietly gets techs every game), talking back to media, getting "too hyped" at random times. He's just not as likeable :lol:

Just my opinion, i'm a fan of both though.

Last edited:
Good game by the Knicks, but I saw first hand father time with that Kenyon Martin off the glass dunk, 10 years ago it would have been more explosive. Last night it just did not look the same when J-Kidd was throwing them of the glass with them both playing on the Nets.....

i mean, well duh :lol:

captain obvious

Knicks played good team ball last night, everyone was touching the ball. Good to see. Miami still has it though. :smile:

Why shouldn't he? He's one of the 5 best coaches in the league. LeBron helps, Wade helps, Bosh helps..hell, Riley helps. But he's evolved into a very good coach. And I couldn't stand him 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Why is there such an enormous amount of hate for Erik Spoelstra?  Dude is doing a great job down in Miami.  Yes, he coaches superstars, but he was widely regarded around the league as a very good coach prior to 2 of the 3 getting there. 

He deserved to finish 2nd for this award, and very well could have been the winner. 

Haters gonna hate.

Last edited:
I think Spo is a solid coach, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the coaches in the league could have gotten that Heat team to 66 wins, especially with LeBron in god mode the whole season.

I think Spo is a solid coach, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the coaches in the league could have gotten that Heat team to 66 wins, especially with LeBron in god mode the whole season.

I mean, if this is the argument then you can say the majority of the coaches in the NBA could have done what Phil Jackson did with the Bulls/Lakers.

Spo is a big reason why they've had their success.

Ya, why the hell is a coach who led a team to 66 victories, and the longest winning streak in NBA history post NBA/ABA merger finishing second in Coach the Year? The audacity! :rolleyes

Last edited:
Why is there such an enormous amount of hate for Erik Spoelstra?  Dude is doing a great job down in Miami.  Yes, he coaches superstars, but he was widely regarded around the league as a very good coach prior to 2 of the 3 getting there. 

He deserved to finish 2nd for this award, and very well could have been the winner. 
His offensive sets have improved tremendously in the last few years or shall I say him reigning it back a bit, allowing the players' abilities to dictate the offense. We've seen it across the league where coaches can't even get a few players to buy in, but he's seemingly gotten everyone to buy into the Riley system and they are seeing the results. Him making the effort to come up with new methods(i.e. Chip Kelly) of building his gameplan around LBJ and co has been pretty neat to see and of course it helps even more when Bosh went down.

You could be handed talent and wet the bed, we've seen that over and over in the league. :smh:

Last edited:
Inb4 the differences of Phil coaching the greatest players of all time and Spo being a god awful coach...

I mean, if this is the argument then you can say the majority of the coaches in the NBA could have done what Phil Jackson did with the Bulls/Lakers.

Spo is a big reason why they've had their success.

To your point, I'm pretty sure Phil only won COY once, when his team had the best record in NBA history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom