Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only deal that I feel like makes the Grizzlies better that has been mentioned is the Minnesota deal, and only because I think it's kind of lop-sided.

Having someone like JJ Barea off the bench, while still having a very versatile AK47 starting would help them tremendously.

They aren't a contender because they don't score enough.

Just like Boston wasn't last year when they were the #1 ranked defense and ranked #24 in offensive eff.. And every team we play seems to score around the same amount we score, meaning they are playing into our game. Its a lot harder to be a great defensive team, than a great offensive team. Memphis just has to get hot at the right time.

I didn't see Memphis play Miami, SAS, LAC and OKC and say "we are far away from beating those guys." We actually beat 2 out of 4, lost the other game in a BS OT match and lost to LAC in the 1st game of the season. To act like those teams don't have their own problems and make it seem like we have all the problems doesn't seem fair. If anything, OKC looked terrible against us because they Harden is really who hurt us the most when he was paired with KD and Westbrook.

We can go to war with any of them in a series. Who's stopping ZBO and Marc, if this team ends up shooting the ball at a decent rate and can get a guy that's capable of attacking the rim?

And look at the context of the Celtics' playoff run. They beat a solid-good Hawks team. They struggled to beat a decent-solid Sixers team in seven games. Then they went back and forth with a Heat team that didn't have a healthy Wade and Bosh didn't play for four games (Yes, I know the Celtics were missing Bradley). Now look what's happened to them now. They got suckered into thinking they were contenders, spent money and now look mediocre at best.

You highlight a handful of games, I'm looking at a larger sample size of this season and the previous season(s).

Grizzlies not contenders?

Wow.

They'd have one of the best chances to beat the Heat in the Finals. Matchup nightmare for the Heat down low along with rebounding.

Grizzlies continuing to be underrated.

Last edited:
LeBron, KD, and CP3 are my dudes, but I want Melo to win the MVP.

Want aint got nothing to do with it :lol:

When you look at what's being done by LBJ the only way he doesn't win it if he continues this path is due to them not wanting to give it to him year in and out. Even when they gave it to Pooh LBJ could've legit won it, he's been head and shoulders the best player for the past 5-6yrs and it isn't really close, no one has been this consistent, maybe Dirk.

LeBron, KD, and CP3 are my dudes, but I want Melo to win the MVP.

Want aint got nothing to do with it :lol:

When you look at what's being done by LBJ the only way he doesn't win it if he continues this path is due to them not wanting to give it to him year in and out. Even when they gave it to Pooh LBJ could've legit won it, he's been head and shoulders the best player for the past 5-6yrs and it isn't really close, no one has been this consistent, maybe Dirk.
So what you're saying is that Melo is going to win the mvp this season?

73-9

P, I understand what you're saying. Maybe that's why they are moving Rudy, but still finding a way to remain a threat in the West. I don't think management is going to role with this same exact team if they fail to make it to the Finals this year. That's why I said earlier in the thread, I can see this being our only year of having a shot at contending. After this year, Rudy and/or ZBO are out, I would think. Maybe even Conley. I do think the team will remain competitive after this season, though.

I know one thing, I trust the combo of Wallace, Hollinger and Levien than I did the Barones, Heisley and Wallace.

But, if ZBO plays anywhere near the level he was at 2 seasons ago which he's shown this season, this team can go anywhere. At the level, he is considered a superstar and that seems to be one of the reasons why they're not considered contenders.

eek.gif
roll.gif
4:08-4:16
HOLY ****

JIMMER GOD WITH THE HARLEM SHAKE/SEIZURE

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I LOVE THIS!!!!!

can somebody make me a gif of that 
nerd.gif
 I could use a new avy

Last edited by a moderator:

I like the fit, but they have Belinelli for that, don't they? I don't know how Belinelli has done for them because quite frankly, I haven't watched any Bulls games.

I like the fit, but they have Belinelli for that, don't they? I don't know how Belinelli has done for them because quite frankly, I haven't watched any Bulls games.

Nate and Belinelli are the team's best "shooters". Belinelli was great as a starter when Rip was out but is now regressing a bit since coming off the bench.

This team needs as much shooting as possible, especially from the 3 pt line. IMO, this move probably also means they're really (x3) going to try dumping Rip at the trade deadline.

For those that care, Dirk will be in the starting line-up sometime within the next 1-3 games. He practiced with the starters today, and I assume (pray) that he would take the spot of Vince Carter, and slide Shawn Marion to his natural SF position.

Then, Rick's first subs would be Elton Brand and Vince.

everyone knows lebron is amazing. he's the best player. doesn't mean you have to keep pounding away at it. even his haters know he's the best. we all know.

i don't need article after article telling me i'm a bad person for not sucking off lebron :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom