Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:nerd:
If you're Mike D'Antoni you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If he played any of those end of the bench scrubs that don't really belong on an NBA roster and the Lakers lost any of those close games they've won over the past few weeks and missed out on the playoffs because of it, you guys would be calling for his head for that too.

Exactly, some fans are complete hypocrites. I can imagine them complaining if Ebanks or Meeks got some burn over Kobe and now they're saying MDA should have taken out Kobe more. Just face it, it was a freak accident. Deal with it.

Especially when that's EXACTLY what happen with Mike Brown. Every time he took Kobe out, the other team went on a 28-0 run in 3 minutes and he got the can!

If you're Mike D'Antoni you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If he played any of those end of the bench scrubs that don't really belong on an NBA roster and the Lakers lost any of those close games they've won over the past few weeks and missed out on the playoffs because of it, you guys would be calling for his head for that too.
Yep. Kupchak painted him into a corner.

Kobe asked Harrison Barnes if he kicked him, thats what he said it felt like.

Look at this clip of David Beckham (34 also during the time) when he tore his Achilles. He immediately looked right behind him as if someone kicked him. Guess thats how it feels. What's scary is just how easily it looks like it can happen. Kobe nor Beckham's movements looked devastating, it's just such a freak accident. One in a million type of chance. Billups was the same way, he just fell to the ground.

Same thing happened to Shaq. He looked behind him immediately too

Last edited:
The season of injured all stars Bynum, Love, Rondo, Rose, and now Kobe. Makes me wonder how long Westbrook can go before something like this happens.

Seriously. Dudes are just in here looking for ANYbody to blame. You know damn well y'all would throw a big *** fit if D'Antoni sat Kobe in this CRUCIAL fight for the playoffs. To the people acting like D'Antoni wouldn't lose his job if he sat Kobe must've missed that infamous gif of Kobe torching Mike Brown with his eyes after he took him out the game.

Seriously. Dudes are just in here looking for ANYbody to blame. You know damn well y'all would throw a big *** fit if D'Antoni sat Kobe in this CRUCIAL fight for the playoffs. To the people acting like D'Antoni wouldn't lose his job if he sat Kobe must've missed that infamous gif of Kobe torching Mike Brown with his eyes after he took him out the game.
i dont think anyone would get mad at dantoni for NOT playing kobe 48 minutes a game. 

Atleast they still have Earl Clark so there is a chance to win the title.

wtfclips.0_standard_709.0.gif

Yeah, only that stare wasn't after taking Kobe out, that was a timeout bruh. That was a huddle.

Yeah, only that stare wasn't after taking Kobe out, that was a timeout bruh. That was a huddle.

Oh my bad, guess that's just what i envisioned would happen IF kobe would've gotten taken out the game.

Anyway, point remains, y'all would be extra salty if y'all lost and Mike D sat Kobe. Be real.

Oh my bad, guess that's just what i envisioned would happen IF kobe would've gotten taken out the game.

Anyway, point remains, y'all would be extra salty if y'all lost and Mike D sat Kobe. Be real.
if we lost and kobe "only" played 42 minutes (three min rest to start the 2nd and 4th quarters), we would be mad at the lack of effort or the defense but no one will say "dantoni is a bad coach, he didnt play kobe enough"

Kobe getting injured like this was bound to happen. Too much heavy lifting I guess.
Do the Lakers and their fans still want to make the playoffs is the real question.

of course.... now with our best player done what do you have to lose? we have no draft pick this year...

either way this team's season will likely be over.

"Surgery prep time. Lookin like Mrs Doubtfire with a jerri curl cap lol Anesthesia next #highasakite #mambaout"

Nice to see homie having a good sense of humor about it.

Last edited:
:nerd:
Exactly, some fans are complete hypocrites. I can imagine them complaining if Ebanks or Meeks got some burn over Kobe and now they're saying MDA should have taken out Kobe more. Just face it, it was a freak accident. Deal with it.

And what if it's true that Kobe strained his Achilles in the 3rd quarter, the trainer told dantoni, and he didn't take him out?

Because that's what I'm seeing

He pushed too hard.

Wasn't D'antoni's fault in the slightest.

Management hired a guy who couldn't

stand up and tell Kobe no.

it has more to do with management not signing capable players to spell minutes for him.

i dont know what laker management was thinking passing on west and martin.

Kobe wouldnt go out because mst times the lakers were in holes. or barely winning. You think kobe will come out for freakin duhon?

he had virtually no back up. antoni with his 8 7 to 8 man rotation...

but yea pass on west and martin because they dont need um

now look what happend

YESSSSS!!!!! no 7 rings no goat

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then on your way of thinking bill russell was the goat?

chill you too scared and paranid he would pass mj you acting mad silly.

and you supposed to be a celtic fan? smh

7 rings or not nobody was better than mj. calm down..

Damn... I was just talking about how he's been lucky to never have suffered any potential career ending injuries... this just doesn't seem right.:smh:

antoni is the one running with a 7 to 8 man rotation...

its his call...

a few minutes of those bums out there would atleast spell minutes

he ran these 7-8 man rotations even when the lakers were up double digits in games

his strict and short rotations probably reason kenyon martin or west werent signed.

Just know those of you that are happy and enjoying that Kobe is hurt and the lakers downfall Karma is a Mitch believe that! INJURIES can happen to your fav player, team or yourself included. Good Luck in the Playoffs ill be watching!

True.

But in all seriousness, I hate to see anyone's career end due to an injury. As much as I despise Kobe, it's tough to see him go out like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom