OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Comparisons I like from that article...

Eddie Jones for Mikal
Athletic Zbo for Bagley
Inconsistent OPJ for MPJ
Jermaine Oneal for Bamba

Edit - Whoever writes for the Ringer is definitely on NT. They got my Trey Burke (Trae Young), Derek Fisher (Jalen Brunson), Zach Randolph (Bagley) comparisons all in there.

Show yourself :nerd:

Last edited:
If JO played today he would've easily been attempting more 3s like Bamba will. Was a mid range and low post player throughout his career.

Defensively and rebounding wise I think it's a fair comparison. JO was raw af coming into the league too, Bamba might be a bit more polished.

High-Realistic-Low comps. Not always going to be a perfect match. Who would you have suggested for Wendell?
It's not that, it's that mcdyess and mo are like polar opposite players. You can have a low and high comp but at least make them a similar skill set

Bagley's ceiling is Bosh, but his defense is a mess. Don't know how I feel about him still.

Porter and Wiggins are two totally different types of players. I never was big on Porter but if he pans out he's like a large Devin Booker that can finish better in the paint.

Porter and Wiggins are two totally different types of players. I never was big on Porter but if he pans out he's like a large Devin Booker that can finish better in the paint.
I just don't see the ball handling skills with Porter. Seems more like a super-athletic Ryan Anderson to me.

Porter could handle the ball much better than Anderson in his prep career and doesn't project to be that shooter

He's kind of a unique one who grew up watching these bigs who play on the perimeter

I actually like the ringer comp for porter in terms of the Keith van horn and also offensively I can see Harrison Barnes

He's more of a scorer slasher than a shooter

Back
Top Bottom