Official NBA 2k13 Thread

How do u tweet in mycareer mode? My boy at work said you can tweet back to other nba players when they "tweet" you talking shh.
I have it for ps3 if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
def copping thurs so I can play all day then and fri.....seems like all the patches are out so i'm ready

Roster update via Operation Sports:

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (2-12-13)
09:31 AM - February 12, 2013 by Steve_OS

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Alvin Gentry is still coach of the Phoenix Suns, no sign of interim coach Lindsey Hunter.

Here are some of the notable changes.

2 player ratings changed
Chicago Bulls - Jimmy Butler +8 (75)
Detroit Pistons - Andre Drummond +3 (69) - Now injured -12 (57)

Players still missing
Cleveland Cavaliers - Kevin Jones (PF)
Memphis Grizzlies - Chris Johnson (SG/SF)
Miami Heat - Jarvis Varnado (PF)
Utah Jazz - Kevin Murphy (SG)
Dallas Mavericks - Mike James (PG)
Denver Nuggets - Julyan Stone (PG/SG)
Indiana Pacers - Ben Hansbrough (PG/SG)
Houston Rockets - Patrick Beverley (PG)
San Antonio Spurs - Aron Baynes (C)
Phoenix Suns - Diante Garrett (SG)
Minnesota Timberwolves - Mickael Gelabale (SF)
Minnesota Timberwolves - Chris Johnson (C/PF)
Golden St. Warriors - Kent Bazemore (SG/SF)

Injured Players
Philadelphia 76ers - Thaddeus Young (74)
Boston Celtics - Jared Sullinger (71)
Utah Jazz - Gordon Hayward (68)
Los Angeles Lakers - Pau Gasol (81)
Brooklyn Nets - Deron Williams (86)
Detroit Pistons - Andre Drummond (69)

Players Returning From Injury
Charlotte Bobcats - Byron Mullens (69)
Cleveland Cavaliers - Daniel Gibson (65)
Los Angeles Clippers - Chris Paul (94)
Los Angeles Clippers - Chauncey Billups (81)
Memphis Grizzlies - Quincy Pondexter (61)
Indiana Pacers - Sam Young (68)
Toronto Raptors - Andrea Bargnani (73)
Toronto Raptors - Jonas Valanciunas (68)

For a complete list of changes, head over to The Real 2K Insider.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/604937/nba-2k13-roster-update-details-2-12-13/

More analysis:

http://thereal2kinsider.blogspot.com/2013/02/nba-2k13-roster-analysis-21213.html

Also this (via Operation Sports):

2K Sports Offering 50% Digital Purchase Discounts Across NBA 2K13
01:24 PM - February 12, 2013 by Steve_OS

2K Sports is celebrating this year’s 2013 NBA All-Star Game by offering 50% digital purchase discounts across NBA 2K13 content for one week, starting today through next Tuesday, February 19th.

Available for purchase only through Xbox LIVE Marketplace and PlayStation Network, digital content sale highlights include:
NBA 2K13: Normally $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3*, now on sale for $30.00 (US pricing only, 50% off local pricing)
NBA 2K13 - PSP: Normally $19.99 for PSP, now on sale for $9.99
NBA 2K13 – iOS/Android Simulation: Normally $7.99 on iTunes or Android App Store, now on sale for $2.99
NBA 2K13 - All Star Presented by Sprite Content Pack: Normally 400 MSP or $4.99 (Xbox 360) / $4.99 (PS3), now on sale for 200 MSP or $2.49 (Xbox 360) / $2.49 (PS3)
NBA 2K13 – 10,000 Virtual Currency: Normally 240 MSP (Xbox 360) / $2.99 (PS3), now on sale for 120 MSP (Xbox 360) / $1.50 (PS3)
* Sony available North America only

Virtual Currency packs (5,000 & 2,000 respectively) and Spanish commentary will also be on sale at 50% off, as well as premium MyPLAYER items including Gold, Platinum, and Blue Bling.

http://www.operationsports.com/news...0-digital-purchase-discounts-across-nba-2k13/

You can digitally download 2K13? :nerd:

Lebron James in myTeam is ridiculous. Just had a perfect game almost at the second place

I don't understand why ya'll complain about someone using a player to score most of the points. Throw a double on said player and make someone else beat you. I love playing against guys who use lebron only because quite frankly guys dont know how to use the other players at all.

If someone is playing off the ball all the time force them to step up by using picks, screens, post ups watevr its really not that hard

Nah they still need to fix the fact that being down in the 4th is almost an advantage
mean.gif
happens to me everytime I get up big in the 4th
as a kid I used to get pissed thinking that the game was cheating, but I swear you can feel it in this game

when that momentum swing happens, nothing you do in the 4th goes right, passes flying all over the place, you can't make a shot to save your life

and the other team is unstoppable.  I know momentum swings do happen, but they can be unbearable in this came sometimes.

Lebron James in myTeam is ridiculous. Just had a perfect game almost at the second place

:pimp:

I see you surrounded Lebron with nothing but shooters. :lol:

I love playing against stacked teams on MyTeam, I took a guy to OT who had MJ, Carmelo, Dwight, Lebron, and Magic. I was down 10 going into the 4th and lost by five. Only player I have on my squad over 80 overall is Larry Bird (97) and I got him in a Gold Pack. Next year 2K HAS to put some type of "coin cap" on teams, like 80K VC or something, because I've encountered a ton of these stacked teams by guys who probably purchased VC with real money and mercilessly stacked their squad. You either encounter stacked teams like the one I mentioned or guys who have nothing but 3 pt shooters, jacking up like 40 3s per game.

Last edited:
as a kid I used to get pissed thinking that the game was cheating, but I swear you can feel it in this game
when that momentum swing happens, nothing you do in the 4th goes right, passes flying all over the place, you can't make a shot to save your life
and the other team is unstoppable.  I know momentum swings do happen, but they can be unbearable in this came sometimes.

They call this 'rubber banding'

I don't understand why ya'll complain about someone using a player to score most of the points. Throw a double on said player and make someone else beat you. I love playing against guys who use lebron only because quite frankly guys dont know how to use the other players at all.

If someone is playing off the ball all the time force them to step up by using picks, screens, post ups watevr its really not that hard

Yeah, honestly, people playing off ball or 1-3-1 gets frustrating sometimes since I play with bad teams and their weak players make it hard to exploit but listen to this man. If he's only guarding the SF, run a play that gets him coming off a screen or cutting. If he's playing the big man, put him in pick and rolls and make him make decisions. I love running slip pick and rolls, they normally step up with the big man, trying to hedge or double and the roll man slips as soon as he steps up.

The CPU cuts a lot, so it's easy to catch someone napping off the ball. Most of these guys that play off the ball don't know how to make the right defensive rotations - whether it's helping on pick and rolls from the weak side or showing on screens. You could really pick someone apart if they don't know what they're doing and you call the right plays.

Also, I don't know what you're talking about with the 4th quarter thing. When I'm up in the 4th, it's a wrap. You guys probably get nervous as hell during crunch time :lol:

This game is garbage for online competition. If you don't use an elite team with a overrated superstar you won't win many games against the majority of cheesers. I've played over a 100 games using the Blazer. My win record is at 70% but the majority of my losses are to the elite teams containing overrated players. The cheeses people do include going into the post via spin or dropstep with allstar and pumping faking 1000x then making a shot or passing out to a wide open player. It's like most of these players have some kind of magnet attracting defenders that don't need to. Another cheese is done my quick pgs is to move the control stick left and right widely and make the defense non-existent. Then there are the cheesers that put Lebron to PG or switch Curry and Thompson to create mismatches. The list of cheeses is never ending. 2k nerfed the stealing cheese, now they need to nerf the signature skills and improve off-ball defense. Other cheeses include how ratchet Jamal Crawford and Carmelo are at shooting and even tight defense not altering their shot. A big one that annoys me is the 4th quarter cheese and change of momentum.

Last edited:
:pimp:

I love playing against stacked teams on MyTeam, You either encounter stacked teams like the one I mentioned or guys who have nothing but 3 pt shooters, jacking up like 40 3s per game.[/quote

i hate that 3 point spam

like it never fails in my team mode its no fun ..i be pissed as hell i gotta cut on my mic and point it out :smh:

i spent money on kobe & had enough left for amare stoudemire (pg : norris cole , sg : kobe , sf : Quincy miller , pf : Rashard lewis , c : amare)

but seeing dudes with lebron , melo & howard & insert random magic johson or larry bird

its the worst :x

Sickening bruh.

It's like they reward you for shooting that many 3 pt shots, because out of 40 attempts they'll hit 15, it's ridiculous. And I'm sure I've been called the n-word (with the er at the end) plenty times because I cut my mic and on and talk big **** once I beat one of those stacked teams. "All that talent and you couldn't beat my garbage squad" :rofl:

My team is fun I still haven't lost yet

Conley
G Henderson
LBJ
Ja Smith
Mcgee

Bench of Rivers, Dunleavy, Mullens, Novak

Basically anybody I can put in work with on their respective team

@bluedeniro up and ready for any matches i would love to play more historic team matches if any is down.

i wish all star weekend was online

im on psn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom