Official NBA 2k13 Thread

laugh.gif
I will pay you a @#$@#$ million dollars if Harrison Barnes is on the cover
roll.gif

Simple...whoever gives me Crew mode gets my $$. F all this loyalty to one gm LOL.

I dont understand why you guys are complaining about NBA 2k12. I thought the game was great and much better than 2k11.

Can someone chime in here please?
My only real problem with 2k12 is that PG's like CP3 and Rondo steal the ball way too often. I swear, every time I play the Clippers or Boston I have to be extra careful when I'm around those guys, because I just know the ball is getting picked. 

Also, they need to do something about people drawing charges by the half court line. And also, they need to somehow make it a serious DISADVANTAGE  for people who like to constantly steal inbound passes after a team scores. 

Ally-oops could be toned down a bit as well. It's seriously a problem when you have guys like Blake Griffin and Dwayne Wade jamming it on 3-4 guys. 

I think for the next game they should focus on passing. Every year 2k focused on a different part of the game. A few years ago they worked on isomotion and ball handling. Then the next year they worked on the shot stick and different types of shots and last year they focused on defense. I think 2k needs to work on the passing system for 2k13. Sometimes I would love to make a bounce pass instead of a chest pass. Everytime I send my big cutting to the basket the ball will get intercepted almost all the time if there's 2 players in the paint. I know this happens in real life, but PG's would use bounce passes to get around that sometimes. I know that doesn't work all the time, but it's an option to implement. 

All star weekend mode was better on NBA Live.

Especially the Dunk contest controls. They weren't great, but damn. 2k's is looking like Rock Band or something.

Originally Posted by PRIME

All star weekend mode was better on NBA Live.

Especially the Dunk contest controls. They weren't great, but damn. 2k's is looking like Rock Band or something.
Yup I always choose Amare.

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

I dont understand why you guys are complaining about NBA 2k12. I thought the game was great and much better than 2k11.

Can someone chime in here please?
My only real problem with 2k12 is that PG's like CP3 and Rondo steal the ball way too often. I swear, every time I play the Clippers or Boston I have to be extra careful when I'm around those guys, because I just know the ball is getting picked. 

Also, they need to do something about people drawing charges by the half court line. And also, they need to somehow make it a serious DISADVANTAGE  for people who like to constantly steal inbound passes after a team scores. 

Ally-oops could be toned down a bit as well. It's seriously a problem when you have guys like Blake Griffin and Dwayne Wade jamming it on 3-4 guys. 

I think for the next game they should focus on passing. Every year 2k focused on a different part of the game. A few years ago they worked on isomotion and ball handling. Then the next year they worked on the shot stick and different types of shots and last year they focused on defense. I think 2k needs to work on the passing system for 2k13. Sometimes I would love to make a bounce pass instead of a chest pass. Everytime I send my big cutting to the basket the ball will get intercepted almost all the time if there's 2 players in the paint. I know this happens in real life, but PG's would use bounce passes to get around that sometimes. I know that doesn't work all the time, but it's an option to implement. 

The thing is, CPU does steal inbound passes as well which is very annoying..
I agree with you in regards to 2k focusing on passing.. definitely needs some attention..

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

one of the special edition covers leaked
Spoiler [+]
tumblr_m6402jPAQR1qzs49eo1_500.jpg
Im about to preorder for the entire country of Zimbabwe. 

I'm dying it someone thinking it was a falcon and then saying Harry Potter fans would only know that
roll.gif

Made my morning.

Originally Posted by SEAN C0MBS

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

2K11 is not better than 2K12. I disagree with that. 2K11 is a great game but as usual, the stupid official rosters made the game play not up to it's potential. 2K12 is a great game man.

you work for 2ksports or something? stop it 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

I have to work for 2K to have an opinion different than yours? 
Point is, out of the box 2K12 isn't played at it full potential. Edited rosters + sliders (as with any sports game) and it is a beautiful game. I didn't buy 2K12 until December because I just knew that 2K11 would be able to last me 2 years. But I got it for like $25, so I bought it. I still didn't play it until like 4 weeks after I bought it. It just sat in the packaging because I LOVED 2K11.

When I played it with edited rosters, I didn't see the issues that everyone else played. So again, I don't have the same opinion as you.

Those %$%$$#%% +@% discrepancies between the CPU abilities and human abilities easily make 2K11 better than 2K12. %$@# is a joke.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Those %$%$$#%% +@% discrepancies between the CPU abilities and human abilities easily make 2K11 better than 2K12. %$@# is a joke.

What are you saying and what do you suggest could be done to fix what you think the issue. I really didn't understand what you were trying to say man. 
laugh.gif

The B.S. discrepancies that took place in My Player & offline modes against the CPU were ridiculous. Make it an even playing field, there was a bit of scripted play going on in 2K11, but not to the magnitude in 2K12.

CPU defenders play perfect defense on every possession and it's unrealistic. These fools who are 20 notches down in the speed & quickness category are keeping up with me and beating me on fast breaks. My teammates are as moronic as ever when it comes to help defense but the CPU knows exactly when to shadow me and when to contest my shot. My Player almost isn't even fun because ratings don't seem to matter this year. Why is Brook Lopez covering ground like Bruce Bowen when defending my PG? How come the CPU gets to launch full court passes and complete them with ease but I struggle to complete half court passes? 2K sports went way overboard this year and I hope they tone that $%#% down for 2k13.

Again, custom rosters will fix all of those issues.

Also, sliders are here to help you.

The hustle rating is also used as a, "Defensive Catch Up" speed and most of the league should be set to a 25. Only players like Bron and Josh Smith should max out around a 50. Defensive catchup is an issue but it can be fixed with roster edits and sliders. But you are right, we shouldn't have to do all of that.

The CPU's on ball defense is very powerful and again, a simple scale of 25, 55, 85 can help this issue in 2K12. Most of the league with 25, good defenders at 55, the elite defenders at 85. This makes the CPU experience much better and honest.

2K puts little to no time in their rosters and it shows in any mode played vs. the CPU. You are correct, the CPU plays like an idiot, but it isn't the game's fault. It is the worthless rosters that 2K ships with their game.

I think you should check out Hyperballer and myself's roster if you want a good experience playing the CPU. 100% of the players ratings and tendencies have been edited for a realistic experience.

Again, it isn't the game it is the rosters. But until 2K takes roster editing serious, 2K12 will have the same issues.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

DC custom rosters won't fix any of that %!+%. I've seen numerous cases on it man.
If that is how you feel then there is nothing I can say that can fix your opinion. I know what I am speaking of but you got it. 
glasses.gif

I agree with DC.

Custom rosters do make this game more enjoyable.

I use bedwardsroy's PS3 for 2k12 and am having a blast with them.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Again, custom rosters will fix all of those issues.

Also, sliders are here to help you.

The hustle rating is also used as a, "Defensive Catch Up" speed and most of the league should be set to a 25. Only players like Bron and Josh Smith should max out around a 50. Defensive catchup is an issue but it can be fixed with roster edits and sliders. But you are right, we shouldn't have to do all of that.

The CPU's on ball defense is very powerful and again, a simple scale of 25, 55, 85 can help this issue in 2K12. Most of the league with 25, good defenders at 55, the elite defenders at 85. This makes the CPU experience much better and honest.

2K puts little to no time in their rosters and it shows in any mode played vs. the CPU. You are correct, the CPU plays like an idiot, but it isn't the game's fault. It is the worthless rosters that 2K ships with their game.

I think you should check out Hyperballer and myself's roster if you want a good experience playing the CPU. 100% of the players ratings and tendencies have been edited for a realistic experience.

Again, it isn't the game it is the rosters. But until 2K takes roster editing serious, 2K12 will have the same issues.

See all of that is fine and dandy but is it really too much to ask to have a fun, playable game out of the box?
It's sliders and customization that allows the sports gaming industry to be lazy and complacent. Frankly I don't want to tinker with ANYTHING, I want to crank the difficulty up and have fun playing a challenging yet PLAYABLE game.

But no, obviously that's too much to ask for. We have to download custom rosters or we have to go in an edit everything ourselves. 2K and EA can both go @#*! themselves. I'm really at a point where gaming is losing all its charm and it's a shame because I'm more than willing to shell over 59.99 + tax EVERY SEASON for a good game, I guess they don't want my money. 

Back
Top Bottom