>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

you sound pretty mad

people are fools for getting a console the year it releases? You sound bitter
i think he might have meant the first sports game release on next gen consoles. like wait till 2k15 and they really know what theyre doing with the system.

bro they didnt even show footage of crew mode in the back it was 3 vs3 blacktop

From what these guys are saying they're gonna be synonymous. It's sounding like crew is gonna be 5 v 5 or 3 v 3 blacktop with your own logo :lol:, leaderboards and stat tracking. Still don't know if they'll allow full court, rules, free throws, etc.

[VIDEO=]

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I see they talk about new passes and new sig skills. Can we get sig skill passing ? I want to pass like Magic Johnson and Jason Williams (White Chocolate) on demand, not when the system wants to do a very rare random flashy pass.

Also I see no news about MyPlayer/MyCareer. Hopefully they something up their sleeve because it gets kinda boring after a while
Holding turbo initiates a flashy pass.

I still want a lobby.
Nothing is worse than trying to get a competitive game going and see the record 0-0 and you're stuck in the game

Well Ronnie2K said that next gen console announcements will be made soon, lets see what these geniuses are doing.

Last edited:
Well Ronnie2K said that next gen console announcements will be made soon, lets see what these geniuses are doing.
Whoever runs promoting the game before it's released is so lame, it's not even funny. Their idea of a "promotion" is to get the guys from the 2k team-up event (the guys selected to play the game early) to talk about the gameplay improvements, with no real gameplay footage. 

so they just get on the internet, Ronnie puts a tweet out saying "hey guys. You can block dunks now! best game ever!!", then 6 of those dudes get on youtube and say "yeah man, it's cool bro, I wish I could tell you more, but I can't." 

I'm not  saying it's unappreciated by the team-up guys (seriously, at least they give us some insight to how it works), but what's the point if they can barely speak on it? WWE has a trailer for their game, with screenshots, and that's coming out later in the month. Just give us the trailer so we can all see what these improvements look like. 

Last edited:
Whoever runs promoting the game before it's released is so lame, it's not even funny. Their idea of a "promotion" is to get the guys from the 2k team-up event (the guys selected to play the game early) to talk about the gameplay improvements, with no real gameplay footage. 

so they just get on the internet, Ronnie puts a tweet out saying "hey guys. You can block dunks now! best game ever!!", then 6 of those dudes get on youtube and say "yeah man, it's cool bro, I wish I could tell you more, but I can't." 

I'm not  saying it's unappreciated by the team-up guys (seriously, at least they give us some insight to how it works), but what's the point if they can barely speak on it? WWE has a trailer for their game, with screenshots, and that's coming out later in the month. Just give us the trailer so we can all see what these improvements look like. 

I feel you I've only been with Twitter for a year and this dude always gives half assed info. It's safe to say he's one of the most hated personalities on Twitter, which I have to blame on 2K's social media department. Straight terrible, I like that Chris Smoove dude though 2K needs to hire him.

^ Yeah dude C Smoove is a pretty charismatic guy. And I don't even have twitter, but I can only imagine. I read his tweets, dude probably didn't know who LeBron was until he was hired. I mean come on, a "code" just to announce CREWS? Just put some screens out, some gameplay footage, and let's call it a day. They're stingy about information on a sports game. we already know what to expect. 

crew mode might filter the cheese for online and my team, we all know most cheese comes from dudes who myplayer is a 99 on rookie season

I know some where wondering about this with the news of Euroleague teams being in 2k14, but classic teams are still in.

I don't mind them being stingy with the info. I do mind them dropping useless "hints" about a damn sports game and acting like it's the Most Revolutionary Revelation Ever.

Some Euroleague Gameplay vids:

Last edited:
That looks awfully similar to 2k13...

Only differences I can pick up from the naked eye are in the interior (which is good)

^^*dead* at perkins running straight on top of that dude laid out on the ground in that last vid :lol:

Game is the EXACT SAME... I hope they have some serious changes that we have yet to see. Live might be able to pull off the comeback because if this is something near a final product... :smh:

Last edited:
^^*dead* at perkins running straight on top of that dude laid out on the ground in that last vid :lol:

Game is the EXACT SAME... I hope they have some serious changes that we have yet to see. Live might be able to pull off the comeback because if this is something near a final product... :smh:

Lol its obvious the game is in the waste a year state, live is gonna catch up and then 2k will actually try

I have no problem buying live if its a quality product

Interview with lead gameplay designer Mike Wang.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-tough-road-of-being-a-sports-developer-6413169/

Wang believes that developers given multiple years to fulfill their vision have an inherent advantage over those who work on a yearly schedule. "[Sports developers] don't have the liberty of a two- or three-year cycle," he said, "so you don't get to see these big jumps." Because there isn't an obvious technical leap from one entry of NBA 2K to the next, a layman may not recognize how dramatic the improvements are. But if you compare every second or third entry in the series--putting NBA2K on the same development timeline as other franchises--you can see a jump that's on par with its more respected peers.

..."If we're at that point where we feel we can't innovate any further, we can't take the game any further, then we shouldn't be here."

As long you can play better defense and not feel like your on ice and at least given the chance to block dunks, How the game looks the same is no concern to me.

Patiently waiting for news on MyTeam.

Day one you will be playing olympic teams while you have some moderate players who most likely have had alot of time on the bench and play in d-league games

Need any more info? Lol

Honestly idc if i play superteams i just want them to have to pay crazy salary

Back
Top Bottom