OFFICIAL NBA 2k16 Thread | Available Now

So I just got finished playing 3 full length games of 2k16 on ps4. Thoroughly enjoyed it 

1) The new on the fly subbing is horrid. Flat out horrible. Wayyyy too much going on there. Why did they even touch that? Reaaallllyyy frustrating.

2) Blocks appear to be off. They are way too...crazy
laugh.gif

3) Spacing could be better

But really the only thing I couldn't get down with is the new on the fly subbing. That **** is so bad 

Because the overall rating means nothing without knowing what the individual attributes are. Being a 70 overall simply means that the attributes are put into the formula for that position and spit out a number.

You can't compare it to real life because a role player wouldn't play like MyPlayers that are rated a 70. Wouldn't be as aggressive offensively and damn sure wouldn't be playing as much.

Ratings in video games are nothing but a series of numbers. The game works off of a series of numbers.

You're saying a bunch of nothing with the overall stuff. I'm just using 70 as an example. Its near what a top 10 pick should be as a rookie and clearly limits how much you should produce regardless of how the attributes are distributed.

What would happen if a role player tried to be as aggressive as a MyPlayer is? He'd have one good game and ten terrible ones. The MyPlayer would have to settle down and play a role. Then as you improve, you could take on a larger role. That's possible with good AI.

You're saying a bunch of nothing with the overall stuff. I'm just using 70 as an example. Its near what a top 10 pick should be as a rookie and clearly limits how much you should produce regardless of how the attributes are distributed.

What would happen if a role player tried to be as aggressive as a MyPlayer is? He'd have one good game and ten terrible ones. The MyPlayer would have to settle down and play a role. Then as you improve, you could take on a larger role. That's possible with good AI.
If a role player tried to be aggressive like a MyPlayer he would get benched. That doesn't happen in 2K. He can shoot and shoot and play out of character for your role assigned to you. Whatever rating you are, the attributes within are what fuel the production. It is a video game, you can't compare it to real life, not sure why you keep trying to do so.

If your "MyPlayer" is attempting 15 shots per game, guess what, he is NOT a role player.

As I said before, athletic and shot ratings are the dominant ratings in a basketball video game. There is no IQ rating for user controlled players, which is something that also separates role players from Elite players in real life.

I can take JR Smith and play a highly intelligent game, guess what the REAL JR Smith can't do? Play a highly intelligent game. Another reason why I say, you can't compare a video game to real life.

Blocking is always that easy everytime a game just released. They usually include the fix in the first patch

If a role player tried to be aggressive like a MyPlayer he would get benched. That doesn't happen in 2K. He can shoot and shoot and play out of character for your role assigned to you. Whatever rating you are, the attributes within are what fuel the production. It is a video game, you can't compare it to real life, not sure why you keep trying to do so.

If your "MyPlayer" is attempting 15 shots per game, guess what, he is NOT a role player.

As I said before, athletic and shot ratings are the dominant ratings in a basketball video game. There is no IQ rating for user controlled players, which is something that also separates role players from Elite players in real life.

I can take JR Smith and play a highly intelligent game, guess what the REAL JR Smith can't do? Play a highly intelligent game. Another reason why I say, you can't compare a video game to real life.
^do you play my player mode?

Last edited:
Blocking is always that easy everytime a game just released. They usually include the fix in the first patch
Yea this will get patched

^do you play my player mode?
I am not into it like yall but I usually have one "open" throughout the year but I don't try to dominate at all. I usually play a balanced floor game. But that is probably the mode I play the least.

My point in all of this is there is nothing 2K can do to "stop" someone from going off with certain players; Especially if those players can shoot and are fast, can dunk and jump/rebound.

JR is pretty limited even outside of IQ.

Just saying they should make the mode harder and more realistic so they don't feel the need to start you at 55. It's not a hot take or anything :lol:

Just saying they should make the mode harder and more realistic so they don't feel the need to start you at 55. It's not a hot take or anything
laugh.gif
What do you suggest they do to make it harder?

I think they should make it harder to:

1. Be a high draft pick: This shouldn't be something everyone is going Top 10 in. It should be a struggle

2. Become a rotation Player

3. Make a team

Those are the things they should make harder, or at least have a "Simulation Journey" mode instead of you coming right in and being "the man" after you haven't done anything to be the man.

But in terms of them making it so you can't dominate ON the court, there isn't much they can do IF you have attributes that are favorable to killing in basketball video games. (Shooting, athleticism)

He has deep range

Good enough handle to create

Athletic

When you use him in the game, he no longer has the issue of having a low basketball IQ. You now control that.

So when people complain about JR SMith being a God in these games, again what can 2K do about that?

Anyone not get their pre-order bonuses for the PC? Finally got to play after 11 hours of downloading but don't have my bonuses in the game.

He has deep range
Good enough handle to create
Athletic

When you use him in the game, he no longer has the issue of having a low basketball IQ. You now control that.

So when people complain about JR SMith being a God in these games, again what can 2K do about that?

Not a good midrange game
Not a good finisher in traffic
Not good enough handle to get all the way to the rim or consistently create GOOD shots
Not a good rebounder
Not a good defender
Doesn't draw fouls

He has skills but IQ isn't the only thing holding him back. You know this bro.

Man I cannot sub properly for **** think my controller is malfunctioning.

Not a good midrange game
Not a good finisher in traffic
Not good enough handle to get all the way to the rim or consistently create GOOD shots
Not a good rebounder
Not a good defender
Doesn't draw fouls

He has skills but IQ isn't the only thing holding him back. You know this bro.
Again, you don't need to do ALL OF THOSE THINGS to be a dominant video game basketball player. 

You need athleticism, you need the ability to shoot, you need the ability to have enough handle where you can get from point A to point B.

JR Smith can do ALL of those things, which is why anyone can dominate with him in a video game.

Calling any and all challengers. I'm embarrassing dudes, day one. Also, will screenshot the *** whoopings and post for Niketalks enjoyment.

Whoever got Xbox one, and want these problems, let me know. Don't invite me if you sensitive about losing. Because you will lose.( *Cough, cough @DCAllAmerican)

I play with the Cavs. Only good players with Tier 1 skills play with Tier 1 squads on this side. So if you play with them, find you another team. Play with Utah or something. Because you ain't as good as me.

We can play RIGHT NOW. You have been a ghost for the last 6 months.

Send me a request RIGHT NOW.

DCALLAMERICAN on XBOX

What is your name

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom