OFFICIAL NBA 2K17 Thread | Available Now

Which of the slider attributes will make the computer bite on pump fakes?

I'm having no luck, so I'm thinking that I need to adjust something in my settings. Occasionally a big will fall for it in the post, but on the perimeter....nada.
It won't happen man.

I am asking this out of respect, when was the last BBALL game you seriously played/owned?

I ask because the question you asked usually comes from folks that haven't played in a while since that is something that was once used (And abused) in old basketball games vs the CPU

Couldn't even tell u.

I play casually...not that serious about it. But I was curious b/c dudes bit on pumps all the time in the NBA, but you hardly see that in 2k17.

Still no FR from ya

I'm passing out tho

I got work in the AM plus works Christmas party bout be long day

2K12 was my game.

It was so good that I ever played 2K13.

Plus, on the XBOX 360 side, they created a tool that allowed us to edit rosters through a CPU Program.

And it had D-League
2k12 was a great game but editing the rosters through the CPU program was huge

What was the mode called where y
Couldn't even tell u.

I play casually...not that serious about it. But I was curious b/c dudes bit on pumps all the time in the NBA, but you hardly see that in 2k17.
It happens.

Just super rare.

Remember, you are dealing with artificial intelligence and not another human, so from that perspective alone, it will be hard to replicate.

What was the mode called where y
Couldn't even tell u.

It happens.

Just super rare.

Remember, you are dealing with artificial intelligence and not another human, so from that perspective alone, it will be hard to replicate.

I guess I just expected more seeing how detailed the game is. No biggie...still really enjoying it.

Stay away from this thread.

Seriously, you enjoy the game.

You don't need to see all of these things "wrong" with the game and cloud your enjoyment

Stay away from this thread.

Seriously, you enjoy the game.

You don't need to see all of these things "wrong" with the game and cloud your enjoyment

:lol: it's all good...I rarely play online, so I'm just doing my season. Love the realism with battling injuries (Gortat/Beal/Oubre all hurt,) coaching strategies impacting play, winning/losing at a normal pace, it goes on and on.

My gripes, are only nit-picks to be honest. So far it's just the pump-fakes and why Kelly Oubre didn't have a protective mask on after breaking his nose. Nothing major :lol: Game is fire to me...

:lol: it's all good...I rarely play online, so I'm just doing my season. Love the realism with battling injuries (Gortat/Beal/Oubre all hurt,) coaching strategies impacting play, winning/losing at a normal pace, it goes on and on.

My gripes, are only nit-picks to be honest. So far it's just the pump-fakes and why Kelly Oubre didn't have a protective mask on after breaking his nose. Nothing major :lol: Game is fire to me...

As long as you don't venture out to other modes you'll be fine. :lol: Season has been pretty solid so far.

Like i have A.I help turned all the way down and when im playing on man and my opponent runs no offensive plays there legit is no reason for my SF to come help me on my PG only to leave the dude wide open for some easy shot. 

This is easily the number one thing driving me insane right now while trying to grind for rewards on blacktop. It does not matter how much I am cuffing the ball handler with on ball d, because as soon as he drives from the wing to the opposite side elbow atop the free throw line, its pulling in my AI defender (for help that I don't need) from the other side's (side he's driving toward) wing threat and leaving dudes open for wide open kick out 3s

Last edited:
 but you stay promoting your roster

Not sure how that negates what I said.

HE is a 2K Newbie.

HE is enjoying the game. He loves the game.

Most posts in this thread are bashing the game/series.

To prevent him from changing his "natural" mindset, I told him to stay away.

Simple Math

pimp.gif
can't wait for your roster to drop.

For those interested

We have all 30 teams completed, now we need to go in and update all FA's. Once that is done the file will be nearly Season/MyGM/MyLeague mode ready. (XBOX 1)

GT: JoeCool4Real
File: Fresh Edit

or

I will upload it later tonight to my account as well

GT: DCALLAMERICAN

DC - what are the rosters you're dropping? How are they different from the 2K ones?

DC - what are the rosters you're dropping? How are they different from the 2K ones?
In short, 2K makes rosters that caters to the casual fan.

The metrics that they use to rate players is basically surface level.

They don't pay much attention to non-superstars and they overrate superstars in certain categories to achieve a certain "Overall Rating." So in an essence, there is a lot of bias in their ratings.

The most important thing that they don't FOCUS on are tendencies.

Tendencies are how the CPU controlled players use each player in the game.

Each player has a list of attributes (skills) and tendencies (how often each skill is used).

2K ignores a LARGE chunk of player tendencies for a lot of players and many others they simply use a "copy and paste" method.

Our roster TRIES (we aren't perfect) to remove the rating biases and we seriously focus on tendencies.

Our roster is for the old heads that still play "Franchise Mode."

Tendencies are the main focus.

Each INDIVIDUAL attribute (not overall) is what we care about. So if someone's overall rating appears to be overrated because we fairly judged them on things they can do, then so be it.

It is a long conversation, I will give you more pointers.

But Download the roster, and pay attention to what the CPU does. That is our experience in a nutshell.

In short, 2K makes rosters that caters to the casual fan.

The metrics that they use to rate players is basically surface level.

They don't pay much attention to non-superstars and they overrate superstars in certain categories to achieve a certain "Overall Rating." So in an essence, there is a lot of bias in their ratings.

The most important thing that they don't FOCUS on are tendencies.

Tendencies are how the CPU controlled players use each player in the game.

Each player has a list of attributes (skills) and tendencies (how often each skill is used).

2K ignores a LARGE chunk of player tendencies for a lot of players and many others they simply use a "copy and paste" method.

Our roster TRIES (we aren't perfect) to remove the rating biases and we seriously focus on tendencies.

Our roster is for the old heads that still play "Franchise Mode."

Tendencies are the main focus.

Each INDIVIDUAL attribute (not overall) is what we care about. So if someone's overall rating appears to be overrated because we fairly judged them on things they can do, then so be it.

It is a long conversation, I will give you more pointers.

But Download the roster, and pay attention to what the CPU does. That is our experience in a nutshell.

:wow: damn, bro...props for all the time/detail you put in to doing this.

I'll definitely give your roster a chance.

*Might sound stupid, but can you give me an example of one player and how your ratings differ from what 2k puts out?

For those interested

We have all 30 teams completed, now we need to go in and update all FA's. Once that is done the file will be nearly Season/MyGM/MyLeague mode ready. (XBOX 1)

GT: JoeCool4Real
File: Fresh Edit

or

I will upload it later tonight to my account as well

GT: DCALLAMERICAN

Will download when it is ready :smokin

*Might sound stupid, but can you give me an example of one player and how your ratings differ from what 2k puts out?

I will give a historic example.

Remember when Jamal Crawford played for the Knicks and he would, every blue moon, do the off the backboard dunk.

Well, ever since the FIRST one he did, 2K overrated his dunk rating.

The dunk rating (back then) determined how flashy and how frequently a player dunked. Jamal didn't dunk often AT ALL. He did a fancy dunk and 2K boosted his dunk rating for YEARS.

So this is basically how I got into roster making. I used to complain about the FAKENESS in dunks in the 2K series. This probably dates back to 2K3. I used to "cry" so much on OperationSports man. They listened, and the dunks have been toned down considerably.

But, the Jamal example was one.

Back
Top Bottom