OFFICIAL NBA Live 18 Thread | Available Now

I still have the the "Jesus Mode" Live Elite '11 demo on my PS3.

I'm glad to know EA gave me something to have for my Ps4 too. :lol:

Damn, they literally just did the "Create a Player" feature and tried to make all the players from scratch.

Fortunately for them though, I care more about gameplay than graphics. So we'll see how the game actually goes.

As hard as I'm laughing, I'm crying deep down inside. Hate watching one of my favorite things growing up die so violently over such a long period of time.:lol: :frown:

How could you possibly have so much time to create something and come up with this?

You guys are idiots. Just like madden the "player likeness" patch is a day one download. The problem is most of you all know this and choose to be clowns anyway. Hell yeah it's funny but to those acting like these aren't just hilarious placeholders need to get a grip.

Still tho this was a huge blunder for Live :lol:

They already have a horrible reputation and this just furthers the opinion that they are a joke

Somebody got fired for releasing these

As hard as I'm laughing, I'm crying deep down inside. Hate watching one of my favorite things growing up die so violently over such a long period of time.:lol: :frown:

How could you possibly have so much time to create something and come up with this?

I go back to when it was called Bulls VS Lakers. Buying this game every year in the 90's up until 05'.

Game is a joke.

Why the hell does it feel like the players are floating when going for a rebound? :smh:

Still tho this was a huge blunder for Live :lol:

They already have a horrible reputation and this just furthers the opinion that they are a joke

Somebody got fired for releasing these

Most definitely, seems like these fools can never get anything right. But dudes acting like these faces are actually gonna make the retail copy of the game need to get a grip

Hell yeah it's funny 
So what's your problem 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
You're right...most people will never know or care..hell JJ Reddick thought it was from 2K
laugh.gif

Live just couldnt afford this kind of blunder to happen..they're already behind the 8-ball.
word up, live should just basically flesh out a pro am type game and give that 100% of their attention and make it a budget title at $39.99 or revive the NBA Street series. 2K got the sim game sewed up right now

Last edited:
EA should have already had those faces in the game. There was enough time between the scans to when the demo released to do so.Still doesn't excuse guys already in the league not looking like their counterparts. EA brought this on themselves.

No excuses. Since when are Demo's bare bones versions of the game?

It's unacceptable to have the #2 pick in the NBA draft looking like a 35 yr old bald r&b singer. Placeholders my ***. They goofed

Funny faces aside, this demo is a strange game at best. Defense is practically non existent and the lack of physics/momentum is strange. Maybe this will be adjusted in the final game...maybe.

Funny faces aside, this demo is a strange game at best. Defense is practically non existent and the lack of physics/momentum is strange. Maybe this will be adjusted in the final game...maybe.

No lie, I had an uncomfortable time playing the demo. Defense was somewhat unresponsive and offense wasn't any better. I remember running a clear 1-man fastbreak with Durant, seconds before he airballed the lay-up. Gameplay really wasn't fluid at all. Passing animations weren't realistic. Screens did not have any effect when set. Post-ups felt like I was playing NBA Hangtime and dribbling was beyond glitchy. The only thing I enjoyed was the presentation of the arena, halftime report and player introduction. I truly don't see much replay value with this one.

Now, I realize this is just a demo and "most" of it will be patched but c'mon EA Sports. Buyers will base their decision on this demo. Why put out a demo 2 weeks prior to release date and lose a chunk of their fanbase over "funny faces" and lousy gameplay? More power to you if you're buying this game after what you've seen. Might be more loyal than Vanessa Bryant.

My $0.02

No lie, I had an uncomfortable time playing the demo. Defense was somewhat unresponsive and offense wasn't any better. I remember running a clear 1-man fastbreak with Durant, seconds before he airballed the lay-up. Gameplay really wasn't fluid at all. Passing animations weren't realistic. Screens did not have any effect when set. Post-ups felt like I was playing NBA Hangtime and dribbling was beyond glitchy. The only thing I enjoyed was the presentation of the arena, halftime report and player introduction. I truly don't see much replay value with this one.

Now, I realize this is just a demo and "most" of it will be patched but c'mon EA Sports. Buyers will base their decision on this demo. Why put out a demo 2 weeks prior to release date and lose a chunk of their fanbase over "funny faces" and lousy gameplay? More power to you if you're buying this game after what you've seen. Might be more loyal than Vanessa Bryant.

My $0.02

Agreed. Well said.

The more I play the demo the more I begin to get a "feel" for ea's animations. The game isn't bad, but it ain't worth 60 bucks either. The live run is dope, I will catch this for 29.99. 2k has too much substance compared to Live. I've been waiting on live to be a contender. The last live that was close was Live 10 and of course that's the year Mike Wang led the development team. I can only imagine how great a 2k nfl game would be. Madden would be finished

Last edited:
EA hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Live.

How many years have they had to learn from their mistakes. I'm really curious as to the team working on this game. Is it like 2 dudes in a basement? Comes off that way when there's a new NBA Live blunder every year.

Back
Top Bottom