Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by Statis22

Not to thread derail but Tom Benson would pay Eric Gordon max money but doesn't want to pay Drew Brees?

Go figure.

eek.gif
 I didn't even think about that. This is even more of a slap to Brees' face right now. I'd be HEATED if i was Drew. 
laugh.gif
I am sure Brees wants more than 4 yr and 58 Mil

I'm pretty sure he does too but yet he's still unsigned. But like I said I don't want to derail the thread, back to EG.

I'm not even concerned about Ray going to the Heat. If anything, he'll be a downgrade in a potential rematch with the Thunder because he can't defend like Battier, and let's not forget Battier AND Miller both made like 100 3's on 104% field goal shooting, so how much better can it get?

Originally Posted by RipC

So in exchange for Chris Paul the Hornets ended up with...an overpaid, disgruntled, injury-prone player who'd rather be somewhere else! 
happy.gif

They could've had Odom, Scola, and Kevin Martin right now, but noooooo...

The next great big man prospect and Rivers > paying those guys and losing in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Nash Giving Knicks Time To Work On Sign-And-Trade Jul 03, 2012 9:27 PM EDT

Steve Nash is allowing the Knicks time to create a sign-and-trade deal that would be acceptable to the Suns while also getting him a higher salary, according to a source.

Landry Fields was one player Phoenix was known to have interest in, but he agreed to a $20 million, three-year offer sheet with the Raptors on Tuesday that takes him out of the running.

Toronto has a three-year, $36 million offer on the table to Nash.

*in before all the NYK fans screaming ship back Stat, its not going to happen*

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by RipC

So in exchange for Chris Paul the Hornets ended up with...an overpaid, disgruntled, injury-prone player who'd rather be somewhere else! 
happy.gif

They could've had Odom, Scola, and Kevin Martin right now, but noooooo...

The next great big man prospect and Rivers > paying those guys and losing in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I mean, in my opinion the Hornets get that pick regardless 
grin.gif

I swear the Magic better not accept that crap offer the Nets put on the table for Dwight.

If I was an Orlando fan I'd rather make him play this year out and then watch him leave next summer. Eventually he'll panic and increase the number of teams he's willing to sign an extension with.

Toronto's gonna end up signing Fields and not getting Nash 
roll.gif
 this happens every year.

Originally Posted by srvballer

I swear the Magic better not accept that crap offer the Nets put on the table for Dwight.

If I was an Orlando fan I'd rather make him play this year out and then watch him leave next summer. Eventually he'll panic and increase the number of teams he's willing to sign an extension with.

how is he going to "panic"

he wants to go to BK, he wants the market, and wants to play with deron, and the nets have made moves that d12 would put them neck and neck with miami.

hes plays this year and leaves regardless, if they dont want S+T he can go anywhere and they ORL wont get a damm thing,

^^well he panicked last year and picked up his 1 year option. ******ed. and whose to say something like that couldn't happen again

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by srvballer

how is he going to "panic"

he wants to go to BK, he wants the market, and wants to play with deron, and the nets have made moves that d12 would put them neck and neck with miami.

hes plays this year and leaves regardless, if they dont want S+T he can go anywhere and they ORL wont get a damm thing,

And there is no possibility it happens.. So then what?
Unless you think Brook Lopez and Reggie Evans is a good enough deal for Dwight?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I'm not even concerned about Ray going to the Heat. If anything, he'll be a downgrade in a potential rematch with the Thunder because he can't defend like Battier, and let's not forget Battier AND Miller both made like 100 3's on 104% field goal shooting, so how much better can it get?
wade, ray, battier, lebron, bosh

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Only difference from nets last year is just adding JJ who isn't that great of a player

And the fact that Brook Lopez will likely play more than 5 games next season.

Last season, the only center who scored more points than him was Dwight Howard & Bargnani & he was much more efficient than Bargnani.

He's a top tier offensive big man

Originally Posted by solarius49

Alex Kennedy

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Only difference from nets last year is just adding JJ who isn't that great of a player

And the fact that Brook Lopez will likely play more than 5 games next season.

Last season, the only center who scored more points than him was Dwight Howard & Bargnani & he was much more efficient than Bargnani.

He's a top tier offensive big man

thank you, jesus i swear some of the people in here are @$+@$!@ dense

[table][tr][td]08-09[/td] [td]NJN[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]30.5[/td] [td]0.531[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.793[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]1.79[/td] [td]3.13[/td] [td]13.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09-10[/td] [td]NJN[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]36.9[/td] [td]0.499[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.817[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]2.49[/td] [td]3.06[/td] [td]18.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10-11[/td] [td]NJN[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]35.2[/td] [td]0.492[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.787[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]2.15[/td] [td]2.93[/td] [td]20.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11-12[/td] [td]NJN[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]27.2[/td] [td]0.494[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.625[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.20[/td] [td]1.60[/td] [td]19.2[/td][/tr][/table]
hes gotten better every season and had one injury riddled season, yet you guys act like hes @$+@$!@ greg oden.

salt is strong

name me 5 SGs are who better than JJ not named kobe/wade.....

ill wait

I know it was only 5 games but this 7'0 265 lbs guy averaged 3.6 rebounds
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Not to thread derail but Tom Benson would pay Eric Gordon max money but doesn't want to pay Drew Brees?

Go figure.

eek.gif
 I didn't even think about that. This is even more of a slap to Brees' face right now. I'd be HEATED if i was Drew. 
laugh.gif

Absouluty.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

his lazy *@% even flat out admitted he is just lazy and is content to let Kris grab all of them. I saw his short but lookin' *@% at the airport in Dallas the day after he got drafted, no logical idea why he was there unless maybe he flew to PHX with his brother and was connecting back to NJ. He was just standing there spinning a ball on his finger and slobbering while waiting for his flight looking like a big *@% 5 yr old

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think this was more a function of Humphries' prescence on the court rather than Brook's inability to rebound. I think I read somewhere during the season or last that he admitted this, that because Hump was out there gobbling everything up he got lazy on the boards.

If Hump does not come back, I fully expect Brook to be better on the glass this year.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by krazy88s

I knew that "coming home" bull__ ppl were spewing meant nothing. When's the last time someone went home anyways?
laugh.gif
My man completely erased Melodrama from his mind

If Melo is from New York I'm from England.
He's originally from New York and moved to Baltimore in his later years.  Guess you're from England.  Gordon raking in money and trying to get out of NO 
sick.gif
laugh.gif
.  He's an injury liability on a max contract 
alien.gif

Go figure.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
 QFT didn't even cross my mind

You don't just turn on a switch and start banging for rebounds. That an internal trait in someone IMO. Same as you don't learn to hustle. It's who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom