Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nets would have to add Brook Lopez or Kris Humphries to make the deal work money wise.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Petro, morrow,farmar, and Jordan Williams for Joe Johnson? ?????? Don't care about contract. Nice trade while also being able to trade Lopez and Brooks for Dwight. Need a bench of veterans and your set.

wha?
eek.gif

Wallace has to be in the deal. Or Humphries. There's no other possible way.

Lopez isn't going to be in it. And everyone else combined doesn't match up.

Aren't the Nets under the cap, though? Can't they absorb a lot of JJ's contract? Deals can't be officially done until July 11th, anyway. Don't cap holds or whatever comes off by then?

The Wolves already have pursued Crawford twice since December and could come calling again.

"I don't see why I wouldn't be interested in playing there," Crawford said. "I think my agent has been in contact with them. I haven't had a chance to talk to them. If they have interest in me, then I have interest in them.

"It was so rushed last year," he said about negotiations with the Wolves after the lockout ended in late November, "but the warm feelings sare still here, at least from my end. I've always been a big fan of Coach Adelman and Coach Sikma and I think David Kahnis doing some real good things as well."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/160981505.html

Would be
pimp.gif

Nets being under cap allows them to absorb JJ contract without having to send much back. ATL is basically looking at a salary dump.

The nets are quite literally run by clowns. It's like my little brother play 2k12.

EDIT.

I dont even know how I could disrespect my own brother like that, it's more like a small infant or maybe a rodent (hamster, squirel....) mashing buttons on 2k12.

They didn't have much of a choice I guess. King woukd have looked even worse if he gave up the draft pick and didn't sign crash

Doesn't help to have an absentee owner that fully trusts king. But listen if they get deron that's all that really matters. I don't think he's a big enough name for a new stadium but it's better to them than just drafting and building up the young talent like brooks and favors.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Nothing about Jamal Crawford is 
pimp.gif
worthy.

Who you kiddin'? He's exactly what Minnesota needs. A scorer and a clutch player.
Crawford is a cancer.  I know he comes off as a nice guy, plus he is from Seattle which you probably like.  But you will learn quick why he has played for so many teams and hasn't really stuck with anyone.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Telling you guys, Geoff Petrie should call and say "Hey Billy, i have this guy JOHN SALMONS, he could be GREAT for you guys.
YES!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, I know Joe's contract sucks and Crash like Dub and Krazy said was given no matter what, but I would go with that team with Lopez or Dwight at center. Look at what they had last year. Yes Morrow can shoot but that is all he can do. No moves, No Defense (And I like morrow for the sixth man role).

Farmar, Petro, and Jordan Williams?????? really, you guys are talking young talent???? Petro sucks, Farmar did little here for me to be impressed and Jordan Williams had small roles looking like he could be a role player. They have cap and can absorb JJ's remaining money

I still have not even mentioned them re-signing Gerald Green. they are in better shape with that roster than last year. Period. The contracts suck, I agree, but that is what they needed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom