Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HOOD17

So if the Nets can trade for Dwight does he sign the extension or opts out and signs a new contract?

I'm pretty positive with the progress the Nets have made they don't risk it by signing Dwight w/o extension.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

You guys sure do take 'fanhood' seriously
roll.gif

And yet some people insist that fans shouldn't say: "we" just won the title!!
laugh.gif

Man, it ain't that serious to me where I'd turn on someone who was cool just cuz he doesn't root as strongly as I do. Flip-flopping is worse to me. One minute you're cheering, then the next season you're rooting for someone else, then back with your first team when they start winning again.
sick.gif

Don't get me wrong, I don't think any less of dudes like AMP or Haze as people or posters in the forum.  Just the fact that they'll be converted Knick fans is the part I can't get with or respect fan loyalty wise I guess.  They're still good in my books as people.  If that makes any sense.  I don't see a problem with taking fanhood seriously.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Future Hall of Famer Courtney Lee now an UFA after Rockets withdraw qualifying offer. Brooklyn is calling you sir.
Someone needs to take a chance on the "next John Starks"

The Hornest have no option but to match any offer made to Eric Gordon, right? I mean he was the guy they were strong armed into trading Chris Paul for.

The Hornest have no option but to match any offer made to Eric Gordon, right? I mean he was the guy they were strong armed into trading Chris Paul for.

cant they S+T him?

also isnt Rivers gonna be playing 2 guard anyways...?

if he isnt, keep him at PG and Gordan at SG...... but i dont thats likely ...

Gordon and Rivers in a backcourt together seems like a terrible idea to me.

Their best option is to let someone offer the max and then force a S&T..

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

You guys sure do take 'fanhood' seriously
roll.gif

And yet some people insist that fans shouldn't say: "we" just won the title!!
laugh.gif

Man, it ain't that serious to me where I'd turn on someone who was cool just cuz he doesn't root as strongly as I do. Flip-flopping is worse to me. One minute you're cheering, then the next season you're rooting for someone else, then back with your first team when they start winning again.
sick.gif

Don't get me wrong, I don't think any less of dudes like AMP or Haze as people or posters in the forum.  Just the fact that they'll be converted Knick fans is the part I can't get with or respect fan loyalty wise I guess.  They're still good in my books as people.  If that makes any sense.  I don't see a problem with taking fanhood seriously.

Understand what you mean and respect your view.

The more I think about it, the more I like how the pieces fit on the Nets. I'm drinking the 99-problems-but-my-team-ain't-one kool-aid. Nets can be the second best team in the East.

Spoiler [+]

tumblr_lk8ba6Nx7K1qhwuer.jpg

Cuban made the Mavs successful by outspending pretty much every owner and because Dirk is great.

We win a championship and this dude gets cute with money.

As fans we don't deserve this and even moreso Dirk doesn't but Cuban does.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Future Hall of Famer Courtney Lee now an UFA after Rockets withdraw qualifying offer. Brooklyn is calling you sir.
I thought it was Sprewell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I thought it was Sprewell
laugh.gif

2d9nqll.jpg

People really getting butthurt over my comments? As I've gotten older I've realized sports is a business, why be over sentimental about something that doesn't view you the same way? The Knicks could give a crap about me. I've been unwaveringly loyal to three profoundly %%$+*# pro sports. Sorry I could care less about what Yankees fans think of my fanhood. I would never root for a team that isn't NY. This move is less about the nets itself than just how much I have grown to detest the Roland and how they run their franchise. At what point do ou realize your a consumer and open your eyes and realize the Diana Lisa in our faces time after time. The time Warner fiasco this year really opened my eyes up.To be fair, I don't think I'll ever become a full fledged nets fan but I'll certainly happily give them my money over the dolans. It's not about winning i root for %%$+*# teams but how they treat the consumer. There are so many knick fans in ny the dolans can do whatever they want and hopefully the nets moving in on their turf results in the franchise Changing it's methods of operations for the better.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

People really getting butthurt over my comments? As I've gotten older I've realized sports is a business, why be over sentimental about something that doesn't view you the same way? The Knicks could give a crap about me. I've been unwaveringly loyal to three profoundly %%$+*# pro sports. Sorry I could care less about what Yankees fans think of my fanhood. I would never root for a team that isn't NY. This move is less about the nets itself than just how much I have grown to detest the Roland and how they run their franchise. At what point do ou realize your a consumer and open your eyes and realize the Diana Lisa in our faces time after time. The time Warner fiasco this year really opened my eyes up.To be fair, I don't think I'll ever become a full fledged nets fan but I'll certainly happily give them my money over the dolans. It's not about winning i root for %%$+*# teams but how they treat the consumer. There are so many knick fans in ny the dolans can do whatever they want and hopefully the nets moving in on their turf results in the franchise Changing it's methods of operations for the better.
15zlduw.gif

Originally Posted by RipC

Originally Posted by SosaP23

Originally Posted by RipC

roll.gif

So you're telling me in a year, both Pierce (who played on a sprained knee the entire postseason and still averaged 19 and 6) and KG, who put up 20/10 for the entire second half of the season and playoffs, are going to transform into hobbled, washed-up nobodies? Not to mention the additions of Jeff Green, Jason Terry, and the continual improvement of Rajon Rondo as well as a LOT more depth than the 2012 season?

Let's not get too caught up in the hype train. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson aren't beating Boston in the playoffs barring a major injury.
You act like boston is unbeatable
laugh.gif
, the nets can definitely beat them in a 7 game series, It's possible.
Oh hell no. C's are far from unbeatable, and anything is possible (Game 6 of the ECF this year taught me that 
sick.gif
), but I'm extremely skeptical of a core of D-Will and Iso-Joe beating Boston with mostly everyone healthy. Johnson, as the first option on offense for the Hawks this year, was routinely outshined by Josh Smith, and it took Al Horford coming back from the grave just to push the series to 6 games. 
The Williams-Rondo matchup would definitely be worth watching, but you're looking at Johnson vs. Bradley (who suffocated him during the R1 series this year), Crash vs. P2, and Brook Lopez vs. KG. 
Free agency still has to play out, but there's no doubt in my mind that pretty much any playoff team can beat Boston. That doesn't mean that they will, but it's always possible.

The current team has proven that they are able to play up to anyone just as easily as they are willing to play down to anyone. It's a frustrating situation but it's worked out more often than not.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Still did not read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom