Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no doubt Joe Johnson's contract is
sick.gif
sick.gif
But what's done is done. Production wise, he'll deliver as the 2nd option... Especially since this is the first great PG he's played with since he was in PHX years back. With that being said I agree with this though -

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

If they pull a deal for Dwight, that all changes. Joe Johndon would flourish as a third option.

If we somehow get Dwight, him being a 3rd option would be an even better fit, but I can live with either or.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

There's no doubt Joe Johnson's contract is
sick.gif
sick.gif
But what's done is done. Production wise, he'll deliver as the 2nd option... Especially since this is the first great PG he's played with since he was in PHX years back. With that being said I agree with this though -

what about mike bibby?

laugh.gif
justtrollinbruh.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

If they pull a deal for Dwight, that all changes. Joe Johndon would flourish as a third option.
Man I am just not buying into Dwight making that big of a difference between the Nets squad with him and without.  Without, they have Lopez who is one of the best offensive big men in the league and still get to keep another big that does the dirty work at the PF position and keep a young SG that can score on the bench.  With Howard you give up a PF and a good young bench player to gain what from Dwight?  Maybe a few more boards and a few more points per game.  That to me is a step back from what you would get out of Lopez, Hump, and Brooks.  Plus the Nets would have no extra money to work with so say goodbye to a bench, yeah they already have no money without Dwight but they have more players that can produce at the moment.  Dwight can rot in Orlando, dude did this to himself signing that extension.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the Nets go over the cap but that just means Prokhorov would have to just pay his own money? Maybe he is willing to do that and doesn't really care how far they go over.

Dude wipes his +*# with. 100's

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by RipC

Originally Posted by HankMoody

The Nets can beat the Celtics in a playoff series. Paul Pierce is a year older. KG is a year older. The Celtics needed 7 games to beat the Sixers in the 2nd round. Oh and this team will get better every year. Boston is on the decline. So maybe Y1 Boston is better but Y2-Y4 and however beyond? Brooklyn for sure. 

roll.gif

So you're telling me in a year, both Pierce (who played on a sprained knee the entire postseason and still averaged 19 and 6) and KG, who put up 20/10 for the entire second half of the season and playoffs, are going to transform into hobbled, washed-up nobodies? Not to mention the additions of Jeff Green, Jason Terry, and the continual improvement of Rajon Rondo as well as a LOT more depth than the 2012 season?

Let's not get too caught up in the hype train. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson aren't beating Boston in the playoffs barring a major injury.

Baffles me too @RipC.
NT'ers on that "hype-water".
Actually, I think you guys need to look into this a little more deeper. You just assume that KG and Pierce will maintain this level of play without any consideration to the the very possibility of injury and/or decline in production. It's also assumed the Green and Terry step right in and  improve the chemistry of this Boston club, which isn't a foregone conclusion. Maybe Boston stays at this same level, but it's also very likely they take a step back.
Meanwhile, it's not just DWill and Joe Johnson vs. Boston. It's those two along with Wallace, Humphries, Green, Lopez, and Brooks. That's one helluva core that is waaayyy younger than Boston. The Nets will be rejuvenated and a whole new team next year.

This last year is still fresh in your mind. I think Hank is closer to being right than you might think. 

I'm happy that my favorite Ball player is now in NEW York
pimp.gif

But Shump the Dwade stopper
frown.gif

I lost it when Bill Simmons described the potential D-Will/Howard/Joe Johnson combo as "possibly the most uncharismatic set of superstars ever"
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Leave it to the knicks to mess this up big time. Rather have a young shump than nash with bad back problems without his PHX medical staff. Have fun when every 2 guard goes for 30

Reports coming out that Cuban did not have his officials offer Deron the Max THEY could give him.

If Shump is gone, I will no longer support the Knicks until Dolan is gone....which will be never.

David Aldrige was speaking on NBA TV about the deal and just made the mention. Trying to get a hometown discount/Dwight discount i would assume.

This off-season is definitely wild.
laugh.gif

You got fans of the Knicks, Raptors, Lakers, Hornets, and Mavericks going ballistic.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Leave it to the knicks to mess this up big time. Rather have a young shump than nash with bad back problems without his PHX medical staff. Have fun when every 2 guard goes for 30

To the Knicks defense Shump did just blow out his ACL and no one knows how much this will effect his game. Also, this team is trying to win now it seems and with Amare breaking down more and more each year I don't blame them. Nash improves their chances dramatically of winning now.

Originally Posted by dumbout227

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

To the Knicks defense Shump did just blow out his ACL and no one knows how much this will effect his game. Also, this team is trying to win now it seems and with Amare breaking down more and more each year I don't blame them. Nash improves their chances dramatically of winning now.
YOU ARE NOT WINNING ANYTHING.

PERIOD.

You have upgraded from 1st round exist to maybe a second round exit, nothing will be won by this knicks team.

i doubt that with Rondo, Rose, Deron, Jennings, the Philly PGs and even Kyrie now. What 2 guard on the Knicks will be able to hold those down if Nash is the liability in defense?

The Knicks have been in win-now mode already... If you trade Shumpert you better be damn sure Nash puts you in the Finals. I don't think he's enough so I don't support this move at all, if its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom