Official NBA Swingman Jersey Thread! Show your collections, legit checks are welcome!

...what I have seen with the throwback line is that the width has remained the same. Only the lengths have seemed to change. This seems to ONLY hold true with the throwbacks though. The current player/styles have changed lengths AND widths...
(...)
Here's the comparison of last year's M vs this year's. Same width, but a few inches shorter. You may have to size up, depending on how you like your jerseys to fit.
It's from page 34 if you want to see the context of the conversation. Unless the away and red zone jerseys came in different cuts already, it seems that the width did not change after the transition from Rev30 for these Birdman jerseys... and we know Andersen is still out there hustling. So is it fair to say that the width of old vs. new swingmans varies from case to case?

soundslikethis soundslikethis
I think my "length and width" comment holds true for this current year (2014-2015) Swingman, with the new material and heat pressed numbers. The Red Zone was a release from last year, where they only shortened the length, but respective widths remained the same (like the difference in Soul 7996 and 7484). Which kinda strengthens my point, another year...ANOTHER changing of sizing. Most of my collection is Heat as well. So here we have the Heat throwbacks...red was 2012/13, black was 2013/14. These are both size M, as you can see the widths match up fairly well, but the length has changed.

Then we have the Back in Black, size M (2011/12) and this years Black Tie, size L. So you can see how now widths AND lengths are different.

Seems as if it all moved 1 size, roughly. L is old M, XL is old L. Different teams have different cut jersey's so it might vary team to team obviously.

@soundslikethis
I think my "length and width" comment holds true for this current year (2014-2015) Swingman, with the new material and heat pressed numbers. The Red Zone was a release from last year, where they only shortened the length, but respective widths remained the same (like the difference in Soul 7996 and 7484). Which kinda strengthens my point, another year...ANOTHER changing of sizing. Most of my collection is Heat as well. So here we have the Heat throwbacks...red was 2012/13, black was 2013/14. These are both size M, as you can see the widths match up fairly well, but the length has changed.

Then we have the Back in Black, size M (2011/12) and this years Black Tie, size L. So you can see how now widths AND lengths are different.

Seems as if it all moved 1 size, roughly. L is old M, XL is old L. Different teams have different cut jersey's so it might vary team to team obviously.
Great breakdown as always.

I'll be glad when the adidas deal comes to an end.

@Dc30 Glad to get a response! I was hoping the question would goad you into providing some photo comparisons and you didn't disappoint. I wish I was right and they were consistent with their sizing, though. I guess I'll have to chance it if I decide to get one of the newer styles.

@Dc30
Glad to get a response! I was hoping the question would goad you into providing some photo comparisons and you didn't disappoint. I wish I was right and they were consistent with their sizing, though. I guess I'll have to chance it if I decide to get one of the newer styles.
Yeah the sizing drives me nuts as it was fairly consistent I the beginning. And I'm not sure how sizing changes team to team. And with very little jersey's actually in store it's tough to see what's what.

Pretty sure I posted this old Iverson in here before, but if I didn't figured I'd show this pairing. Picked these Barkley 76ers up last night DS from the boutique I've been doing customs with. Offered the guy who had them on consignment $100 and he took it lol.

Recently picked up an MJ Home Wizards in a Large on eBay. I already had one in an XL (also from eBay), but a Large fits better on me. I compared them side by side and noticed a couple of differences. First, the material used for the neckline and armpit. It feels much softer and stretchable on the Large than the XL. Second, the back of the tag where it says "Length +2". The one on the Large only has the Nike Swoosh, while the XL has the Swoosh and some letters and numbers. I compared it to my other Nike Swingmans that I got directly from Nike, and the XL is the one that's consistent with the others. I'm concerned now that the Large might be a fake. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

View media item 1472996
View media item 1472997
View media item 1472998

Recently picked up an MJ Home Wizards in a Large on eBay. I already had one in an XL (also from eBay), but a Large fits better on me. I compared them side by side and noticed a couple of differences. First, the material used for the neckline and armpit. It feels much softer and stretchable on the Large than the XL. Second, the back of the tag where it says "Length +2". The one on the Large only has the Nike Swoosh, while the XL has the Swoosh and some letters and numbers. I compared it to my other Nike Swingmans that I got directly from Nike, and the XL is the one that's consistent with the others. I'm concerned now that the Large might be a fake. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Just went over my all my Nike Swingman jerseys. My Sixers Iverson, which I remember specifically buying in 2001-02 from a Just Sports, has only the Swoosh under the "Length +2" tag. All of my other jerseys, that were made during and after 2002-03, all have more codes and numbers in addition to the Swoosh under the "Length +2" tag. So unless Just Sports was peddling counterfeit gear, it looks like you just have two jerseys from two different production eras.

Just went over my all my Nike Swingman jerseys. My Sixers Iverson, which I remember specifically buying in 2001-02 from a Just Sports, has only the Swoosh under the "Length +2" tag. All of my other jerseys, that were made during and after 2002-03, all have more codes and numbers in addition to the Swoosh under the "Length +2" tag. So unless Just Sports was peddling counterfeit gear, it looks like you just have two jerseys from two different production eras.

I'm glad to hear that coz I'm really hoping that the jersey is legit. Everything looks spot on except for the two areas I mentioned. Did you notice any difference on the material used for the neck and shoulders between the AI and your other jerseys?

I'm glad to hear that coz I'm really hoping that the jersey is legit. Everything looks spot on except for the two areas I mentioned. Did you notice any difference on the material used for the neck and shoulders between the AI and your other jerseys?
Same thing as yours: the trim is softer. I don't know if it's because it's older and/or I've worn it the most, but it definitely is softer.

Need advice team, got a pair of jerseys wanting to part ways with but wanting to get back the sort of money they're worth. Does anybody know any place/ website that people actually pay decent for jerseys these days. Any help appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom