Official Networking Thread vol. I'm Not a Business Man, I'm a Business...Man!

College students, postgrad students, people in any industry: this thread is here to help. There are a number of people on NT (believe it or not) that areextremely talented and knowledgeable in a variety of areas and have pursued careers or are currently active in those areas and we don't really have a placefor them to get connected. This is the aim of this thread. Not only is this thread for those who have graduated, but also those who will be both at theundergraduate and postgraduate levels and are currently looking for some networking options in any industry. THIS IS NOT STRICTLY LIMITED TO BUSINESS MAJORS:the last thing we want to do is become blind to a certain industry just because we're individually not involved. In college and looking for an internship?Still wondering what jobs are available to certain majors/fields? Have work experience but have come up short? Product of the recent economic downturn? Stillneed help pursuing a career post-Master's level? Own a business and are looking for skilled individuals? THIS IS THE PLACE TO DO IT. I think the best wayto go about this is to leave basic information, whether you are currently working for somebody who is hiring or not, and people can PM or post from there. Feelfree to post personal e-mail addresses as well, but I know some people use their full names for those and don't want to post it, fair enough. Thanks inadvance to theone who I initially contacted about this thread, and we both thought it would be a useful tool to NT that he and I could manage if needed.I'll start...and I hope everyone enjoys this post and, as is the intention of this thread, never ever hesitate to ask questions! Good luck all...

Currently finishing Master's of International Business from the European Business School London '09
MU (Ohio) graduate '08
BA: English Literature
Minor: Business Law
Interested in: Marketing, Management, Communications, Economics
Current city: In London finishing my degree, but am willing to travel anywhere in the world for the opportunity of a career

Currently pursuing a career position in the above fields for 2009 upon September graduation.

School: Stillman College
Year: May 05
Major: Fine Arts
Minor: Psychology
Interested in: some type of illustration or design.
Current Location: Mobile, AL
Open to Relocate: yes

Finally graduating this year
BA Finance
BA Economics (up in the air if I am going to finish that)
Interested in Finance looking for some entry level work but would love an internship at a trading desk or even advising times are to hard to be picky.
Relocation: please

Ima go though all the stuff I got in my closet when I get some time (this weekend) and post some names and emails and phone numbers most bank, insurance, assetmanagement related.

Off to a helluva start
laugh.gif

School:Full Sail University
Major:Recording Arts
Interested in: Engineering/ Sound design
Relocation:willing to travel

School: Boston University School of Management
Year: May 09
Major: Business Administration w/ Concentrations in Management Information Systems and Finance
Interested in: Marketing
Current Location: Boston, MA
Open to Relocate: Yes
Current Occupation: Promotions Manager at Amalgam Digital (digital retail store, record label, and distributor)

Thought I would bump this thread in response to the Unemployment thread, I noticed a lot of people looking for jobs. Make use of this everyone...if it helpsone person get a job then it's well worth it...

We actually had one of these a while ago, and it was fairly successful.

Quite a few people posted/made contacts...

Actually, someone posted a grip of contacts for various jobs/businesses, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was.

Hopefully this turns out like the last one did.

^ i got that list. it was like a year ago. i sent dude an email, and I still have the email if anybody needs it, but I'm sure quite a bit has changed. Ironically, I emailed the dude bout 3 months ago who originally started the list to ask if he had an updated version and this is what he responded with:

Nope. I haven't updated and I have posted on NT since last January. Frankly,
I didn't like the direction the site was going- posting there was a great
waste of time and I just lost all interest in NT. Also, I've been working
regularly for the past couple months.

Those contacts are great and all but the best thing to do to get a job is to
go in person whenever possible. That's how I got my current job.

Best of Luck,

PH

I dont really like to share info on the net but what the hell, its feast or famine

school: university of texas - austin
major: ba economics
minor(s): mech engr, math, bus admin

i hope this post goes in the direction as intended

Randomly thought of this thread and thought I'd bump it...PM for personal details (at least from me)...has anyone gotten a decent job lately? Anyone'scompany hiring? NT CAN be used for good people, not just arguing about Megan Fox
laugh.gif

tOSU-Dec 07

B.A. in English

i work as a copy editor right now...

i need something making more than i make now...lol

ANYONE IN OHIO LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH MAJOR?

lol

School: Cornell University...........College of Engineering
Degree: Bachelor's of Science
Interest: Pharmacy, Engineering and possible the medical field
Job: No job. I'm looking for something related to the pharmacology field.

Help me out if you can please. I just graduated.
nerd.gif

School: John Jay College
Degree: BA in Criminology
Currently working a pretty good job at the Dept of Ed, in the Revenue department. Would be interested in making moves to move up from where I am at. Problem ismy major is completely different from my financially oriented job. How do I leave this fairly comfortable job, just so that I can get an entry level positionin my field? Im not with it. Advice?

School: Syracuse University
Year: May 2010
Major: History
Interested In: Law, Politics
Current Location: New York, NY
Open to relocate: Yes, anywhere on the East/West Coast
Current Occupation: Unemployed
Prior Experience: MBFCC (largest clearing corp. in the world), McCain Campaign

School: Northern Illinois University
Year: Graduated May 2009
Major: Industrial & Systems Engineering
Interested In: Logistics, Supply Chain, Project Management, Six Sigma, Simulation
Current Location: Rockford, IL
Open to relocate: Yes
Current Occupation: Unemployed

I need some engineering experience!

Not sure if it help but

School: PBCC
Year: May 2010
Major: Architecture
Interested In: Architecture, Arts
Current Location: WPB, FL
Open to relocate: hell yea
Current Occupation: something unrelated