<><><> Official New Artist Thread Vol. Artist, Producers, A&R's, Bloggers, Directors etc lets work<>

I know just by browsing NT that there are several people who have mastered important parts in music. Obviously rappers & DJ's have created quite a buzz using NT to their adavantage. As one of the biggest messageboards and one of the most influential as far as supporting and creating awareness towards new trends and movements I feel NT artist, or just fans in general can just come to hear & share new stuff that sparks interest.

Whether it be your personal art, A close friends, or just a random Song your drawn too i would love to have them all be posted in here..... Be sure to post all information to expose the artist (mixtapes,Websites, Blogs, Social networks etc) anything that may be considered beneficial in helping an artist create a brand.

Artist Name: B Serious
Social Networks: @BSerioustrufam @ @TheRealTruFam
http://www.facebook.com/bernard.b.robinson.5
Contact ThisisTruFamEnt@gmail.com

[VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:
improving your Brand

Considering many of artist our New comers i've decided to add tips from a few fellow NT'ers who either work on blogs (JD161616) or have worked in developing artist/ with labels (Cartune) on how to help get your music and following out there.

* If anybody else has experience with exposing an artist to blogs/labels add information or PM me and ill gladly add to this post.

1) Getting your music on Blogs Radars

Pros
- personalization always catches my eye - it shows me that the person submitting the content took the time to check the site/actually knows my name.
- affiliation with people/artists/labels I'm already familiar with/have a relationship with.
- obviously big names/features catch the eye.
- easily accessible/pre-uploaded links to music.
- properly labeled music files.
- [seemingly] sincere e-mails of artists just looking for a shot...without sounding desperate.

Cons
- generic e-mail blasts
- sloppy e-mails (misspellings, not knowing how to form a sentence)
- submissions TELLING ME that I must post the music or I lose out for some reason
- misspelling my name/website - meaning they clearly don't care enough to get details right
- telling clear lies within the e-mail
- harassment on social media is automatically despised by just about every blogger I know
- asking stupid questions such as sending me an e-mail on how to send me an e-mail submission:

(Words from NT member Cartune)

Always think from the receivers perspective. They get a billion links a day. How can I stand out?

Basically spam the ****** with relevant comments. For example. They post something bout a Wale new single. Hit the email in the Subject Line write: Response to Wale - Song Title Posting....then write a relevant compliment or comment to the post... THEN plug ya music....make sure you make it easy to consume the content. Meaning upload the mp3 to gmail so they can just hit play or if its a youtube send it straight to the song/video not no video channel where they gotta look for it. Keep the email text short too. ****** dont read...

Catch the bloggers on twitter and talk bout something other than your music build a rapport. Stand out. "Stay in they mentions" they'll notice you. Having a PR team always helps but the guerrilla way of getting on these blogs is just to build relationships. And always be plugging. That's all PR firms do. Internet makes it easier.

Another thing I learned back in the day for getting placements. Use somebody else's name as a cosign. If you get ANY type of praise or positive comment. Use it as a testimonial and plug that **** in the email. Editor So*so from Fader.com said "You got what it takes keep working"....that **** goes a long way.

Last edited:
good thread, ill add some stuff in a few months if this still alive

good thread, ill add some stuff in a few months if this still alive

Def i see so many new artist post there music up & get little attention for it why not have somewhere to post all of the new music and help everyone improve

Follow us on INSTAGRAM: @blinkyung @uno_dostres @donsmirkz @da_real_floss

Onez FT. DonSmirkz, Floss & Blink (Produced by A DOUBLE)

THANKS FOR LISTENING !

and the boy versatile............slow jams?

^^^RIP Big Pun and Michael Jackson

Last edited:
debut album just dropped this week

Def like the vibe too the song... the hook just seems like it needs a lil more emotion but its def a good song i could see myself throwin this on the ipod:smokin

and that yung saw - light that def has potential.... the video might need a lil work lol but i get it its hard to shoot when you ain't got no real backing

Last edited:
^^^thanks bro,I know *okay Face*, i actually shot and edited the video :lol: :wow: i wish it was clearer but i'm not that good with editing yet.

anyways...Anthems?

Some of these guys aren't bad at all.

Nique, that Doley guy, and Gary Clark guy. :smokin

Last edited:
Liking what I'm seeing in this thread...let's keep it rolling...

Last project...

Current single for my upcoming project is in the sig > Good/Grief EP drops 11/1/12 via DJBooth.net.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom