Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Today...

so guys im pretty damn salty right now. i got a new pair in yesterday Made in USA product, and the one shoe is totally b-grade. i cant find anything wrong with the other shoe, its literally as good as it can be. pretty wierd to me how this could get past quality control. one shoe is completely off on the cuts and stitching, i wouldnt even want to buy this at outlet price. 

so i sent a rather large informative email yesterday to NB and hopefully they can right this. i trust they will, im prepared to send them the pair. just thought i would chime in and add to the quality control conversation that pops up time to time. i dont expect perfection but this shoe is jacked up imho. 

so guys im pretty damn salty right now. i got a new pair in yesterday Made in USA product, and the one shoe is totally b-grade. i cant find anything wrong with the other shoe, its literally as good as it can be. pretty wierd to me how this could get past quality control. one shoe is completely off on the cuts and stitching, i wouldnt even want to buy this at outlet price. 

so i sent a rather large informative email yesterday to NB and hopefully they can right this. i trust they will, im prepared to send them the pair. just thought i would chime in and add to the quality control conversation that pops up time to time. i dont expect perfection but this shoe is jacked up imho. 
Pictures? What shoe was it? Where did you buy it from?

sorry heres some pics. honestly please tell me if im being too critical. i dont feel i am. also its the 998 OG that just released. i had a size 10.5 and when a 10 returned to stock i returned them for a 10. the 10.5s were also flawless.

bad cuts and stitching pretty apparent. even look at the alignment with the mid-sole. wtf? only thing without issues on this shoe is the toebox. 

Heel tab shape, and stitching. look at where it connects to the saddle. also the suede is pretty damaged at the bottom from being cleaned of excess glue.

this is the other shoe. i cant find anything wrong with this shoe. the sole alignment is correct, stitching is almost perfect. cuts are proper and smooth. 

Last edited:
sorry heres some pics. honestly please tell me if im being too critical. i dont feel i am. also its the 998 OG that just released. i had a size 10.5 and when a 10 returned to stock i returned them for a 10. the 10.5s were also flawless.

bad cuts and stitching pretty apparent. even look at the alignment with the mid-sole. wtf? only thing without issues on this shoe is the toebox. 

Heel tab shape, and stitching. look at where it connects to the saddle. also the suede is pretty damaged at the bottom from being cleaned of excess glue.

this is the other shoe. i cant find anything wrong with this shoe. the sole alignment is correct, stitching is almost perfect. cuts are proper and smooth. 

EDIT: overall if it were one or even two flaws i would suffice. not an issue. but all these together lead to a sloppy looking shoe. considering its a pair and when next to eachother one is clearly better looking. QC is slippin'.

Call NB and complain they might give another pair

will do. its a little late now. i already sent that email but if they dont reply tomorrow by the time my shift is done i'll phone em up anyway. 

These came in today. They're nice but I wish they used a leather lining instead of this cotton/fleece material. I also noticed that the insoles are the thinner and stiffer kind, not the soft gel kind that is found in the 997NV.

Last edited:
will do. its a little late now. i already sent that email but if they dont reply tomorrow by the time my shift is done i'll phone em up anyway. 

Yea that shoe looks like garbage. The sewing and leather panels look way off. NB should definitely reimburse you or get you a new pair for the amount of money you're paying for that shoe. Hope it works out.

way too critical, if you dont like em swap pairs.  they aren't even close to being sold out.

I've been lookin for a while. A lot of replicas out there of concepts new balance. But all legit one 275 ish

So these showed up last night. Sorry for the terrible pic. Had to use a flash due to poor lighting. 

But wow... these are incredible! Suede is super good and shape is on point. This is the first pair of 577's I've ever owned but I think I have fallen in love with the model due to these. I may even need to double up. They are just that good. Made in UK is definitely on par with made in US pairs too.  And END is excellent with their shipping. 3 days to arrive from GB to Mass is great.

I just got my pair in this week. They are beautiful. I have since ordered 3 more 577. It really is a great model.

So these showed up last night. Sorry for the terrible pic. Had to use a flash due to poor lighting. 

But wow... these are incredible! Suede is super good and shape is on point. This is the first pair of 577's I've ever owned but I think I have fallen in love with the model due to these. I may even need to double up. They are just that good. Made in UK is definitely on par with made in US pairs too.  And END is excellent with their shipping. 3 days to arrive from GB to Mass is great.
they are incredible indeed. but my pair had a couple minor flaws... like some suede panels have too much overlap, and the stitching on the N is off... like they completely missed the N.  also the midsole on the front kind of flares up and outward which is weird... but i think that's normal for the 577 silhouette.  regardless, i plan to wear and enjoy them but the craftsmanship was a little disappointing. 

they are incredible indeed. but my pair had a couple minor flaws... like some suede panels have too much overlap, and the stitching on the N is off... like they completely missed the N.  also the midsole on the front kind of flares up and outward which is weird... but i think that's normal for the 577 silhouette.  regardless, i plan to wear and enjoy them but the craftsmanship was a little disappointing. 
Thats a bummer. I looked mine over and couldn't find any flaws with them. I was pretty surpised since it just seems to be the norm with most sneakers these days.

The only thing I found odd was they were missing the paper stuffing.

Thats a bummer. I looked mine over and couldn't find any flaws with them. I was pretty surpised since it just seems to be the norm with most sneakers these days.

The only thing I found odd was they were missing the paper stuffing.
same here with the paper stuffing... didn't even realize till now.. lol.  but imo my issues are minor and i would still go for another 577.  might have to hunt for those anniversary 577's next. 

Back
Top Bottom