Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Find it kind of funny that anyone on this thread would consider a shoe hitting discount/outlets or not 'doing well' on resell market a 'flop' as some of the popular NBs (on this thread) usually hit discount.  It might be a flop on 'hype' or 'rarity' - but it doesn't change the look or quality of a shoe.

If they made the same number of Luxury Goods as the Rose, also made it a CNCPTS exclusive and drove it with the same hype -- I'm sure people would be thirsting harder over the orange joints than the pink joints.

I much rather kicks be widely available and be easy to get (at discount is even better) - I can live with other people having the same pair.  If anything, hype just turns me off a shoe (as if I want to dress like a FOB hypebeast)  -- I'm sure I'm not the only one that's into NBs partially because I don't want to deal with the hype behind other lines.

Last edited:
Yeah @superblytrife I was just being an *** since bwood can't take me seriously. Although I assume, overall many people weren't too crazy over the luxury goods. That pair seemed to pop up at a lot of retailers (multiple reasons for this you logic nazis). I thought those were worse than the rose which I didn't like either. At least they're getting inspired by the good life..."Sold out"

The Luxury Goods were a big flop. 

Luxury Goods flopped. Blends is still selling them online and another website had them marked down to $190. Pairs are popping up daily on eBay. I'm not surprised they're in an outlet. 
Happen to remember the website by any chance? looking for a 9.5

My 997WACK yesterday...

I think they're a slick pair, wish I would have bought them at discount instead of retail but maybe they'll get cheap enough to buy a second pair

My 997WACK yesterday...

I think they're a slick pair, wish I would have bought them at discount instead of retail but maybe they'll get cheap enough to buy a second pair

Just copped these yesterday, very excited to get in hand!

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not only is this particular 998 numerically superior to its pictured 997 brethren, but also, it is aesthetically as well.  The lux goods ain't bad by any means, but as far as orange kicks go, that "connoisseur summer" joint murdered it.

Last edited:
Anyone in the Boston area should check out the outlet they have a premium life style event. Picked up the 998 dsa for $80

Anyone in the Boston area should check out the outlet they have a premium life style event. Picked up the 998 dsa for $80
If anyone in Boston is heading there and can cop me a 10.5 in these, I could make it worth your while. Been waiting for these for awhile. 

Last edited:
If anyone in Boston is heading there and can cop me a 10.5 in these, I could make it worth your while. Been waiting for these for awhile. 
Just an update for anyone planning on going 9.5 is the largest size they have. Some other stuff they had was 997 ccf for $160 and 998 do for $135

Has the 990's always had a fleece lining? Could swear those 990 30th's I saw in pictures had a leather lining.

Anyone popping for those Luxury Goods btw? Could use a pair in 8.5.

I been lookin for these for a while on discount. Need that 9.5

If there is a niketalker willing to help out if my friend cant grab me a pair in boston i will pay you for your service

Last edited:
Maybe I'm the minority but I love my Luxury Goods.  I can't compare them to the 998 connoisseur summer since I don't own them, but the quality on the LGs are sick.  Plus I'm a sucker for leather lining.  A very minor detail on shoes, but one I'm picky about.  

Guess I don't keep up with a shoe after I already own it but damn if Lux Goods are hitting discounts thats crazy to me... My favorite 997 so far. Great pair. 

I don't think anyone doubts the quality of the lux goods, including myself. It's the color that probably throws people off. Need a couple factory second gy's for beaters.

Got my customs in today. Very pleased with them. Quality is great, craftsmanship isn't perfect but the imperfections make them my own.

Thank you @mykoh and jerkstore jerkstore for creating these beauties. As much as I played with the options, I had to get these two first before any other creation I came up with.

Next I want a Kennedy inspired custom.

Walter..

Back
Top Bottom