Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

New Balance is trying too hard to feed the beast and capitalize on this Sneakerhead trend. I understand they want to maximize profit, but too many releases with high price tags is sending a lot of crap to the outlets.
100% TRUTH

NB price points are way too high

THat's why you find so many on sneaker sites in the sale section nowadays

Today's wear
9k1yWsQ.jpg

I think you misunderstand, that's actually my problem. The upper is near flawless, but the sole has some awful cracks and I want them wearable
If you're talking about an old made in USA upper... You should throw that on a new 999 midsole and rock em as a 999... Shoe is super cool when the shape isn't doo doo

If you're talking about an old made in USA upper... You should throw that on a new 999 midsole and rock em as a 999... Shoe is super cool when the shape isn't doo doo
They're made in USA, I never realised how cool the model is until now. My gripe is that I'm not a fan of the 999 midsole. Honestly I'm not sure where to begin though, this kind of restoration is out of my league and I'm not sure who is comfortable enough with nbs to want to help haha

Last edited:
Completely agree, the 999 has a really cool silhouette. Which sucks cause it feels like I'm sliding forward when I wear my pair due to the really high heel toe drop

is that nimbus on the saddle and tongue? I wish Aruba was still around I waited too long and now coral/aruba are both gone :frown:. I think the perf toe is the way to go on these it gives them a classy look and I bet it will age better than the mesh, aside from creases of course. 

Yes. That is nimbus.

Back
Top Bottom