Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Picked these up for $50, probably going to use them for market runs and the like. The sweet tonal grey scheme looks really good to me too.

Regardless of which you see more often, i like the 997nv. One of my fav 997s

Well what's the point of buying a shoe that has been avalaiable at discount over the last year and will re release again or buying a pair of shoes that released awhile ago and only comes up every once and while?

Well what's the point of buying a shoe that has been avalaiable at discount over the last year and will re release again or buying a pair of shoes that released awhile ago and only comes up every once and while?
No shots at you. Im just saying he should by whatever he likes more, regardless of the availability of the shoe.

I've been on a crazy NB (998/997/996/990) buying spree lately, and I am pretty happy with the quality, overall. One thing that is bothering me is the (outlet) cordovan 576s. They have no cushioning to them at all. After pulling out the insole, I figured out why...they have a hard (leather?) strip under it. I have been thinking of pulling it off, but am not sure if that will damage anything. Was wondering if anybody has experienced the same issue. Will it get softer with wear? Thanks in advance.

Thats a zoom air outline you see :smile::

I've been on a crazy NB (998/997/996/990) buying spree lately, and I am pretty happy with the quality, overall. One thing that is bothering me is the (outlet) cordovan 576s. They have no cushioning to them at all. After pulling out the insole, I figured out why...they have a hard (leather?) strip under it. I have been thinking of pulling it off, but am not sure if that will damage anything. Was wondering if anybody has experienced the same issue. Will it get softer with wear? Thanks in advance.

Thats a zoom air outline you see :smile::
I have that same 576 and looked at the insole. It looks and feels like the leather insole that my boots have like Red Wing. After time your foot molds to your foot and actually becomes really comfortable. Some of my year old boots are more comfortable than any of my sneakers. Maybe that's what they were going for with the cordovan NB.

Thats a zoom air outline you see
smile.gif
:
I have that same 576 and looked at the insole. It looks and feels like the leather insole that my boots have like Red Wing. After time your foot molds to your foot and actually becomes really comfortable. Some of my year old boots are more comfortable than any of my sneakers. Maybe that's what they were going for with the cordovan NB.
You think its the same type of deal with the 1400's as well? Cause those things are way less comfy than I expected for how much they cost. 

^thanks for confirming. I thought it might be a dress shoe thing. As far as your 1400s, just pull out the insole and check.

Despite it all, they're still more comfortable than my Jordan retros :frown:.

Hey all. I posted in the RF thread but didnt get a response. For the RF 577 americanas...did anyone buy TTS? Havent been able to find half size down from my normal...but dont want to be swimming in them. Thanks.

They would be huge if you went tts on the americanas
Alright thanks.the waiting game continues.
Ya the 577s are one of those odd shapes where there is too much room in the heel and barely enough in the toes lol even though its not domestic made(i think) I would still go size down if you can. For reference I wear a 13 in Nike/Asics and a 12 in 577/998/1500

Ya the 577s are one of those odd shapes where there is too much room in the heel and barely enough in the toes lol even though its not domestic made(i think) I would still go size down if you can. For reference I wear a 13 in Nike/Asics and a 12 in 577/998/1500

Thanks. I have semi-wide feet, so i thought maybe i could get by..hopefully my size shows up soon...

Hey all. I posted in the RF thread but didnt get a response. For the RF 577 americanas...did anyone buy TTS? Havent been able to find half size down from my normal...but dont want to be swimming in them. Thanks.
i went TTS on mine, and they fit fine. I go TTS on all my 577's..  To gauge sizing, I get the same size for 577's as I wear in Air Max 1 and 90's.  

i went TTS on mine, and they fit fine. I go TTS on all my 577's..  To gauge sizing, I get the same size for 577's as I wear in Air Max 1 and 90's.  

Was there a lot of room in the toe box? Man, i dont know what to do. Wear 9.5 in jordan 1s, 9.5 flyknit racers, the concepts rose i went tts but they were a bit long, and sized down in the concepts seals and they fit well. Thanks for all the input!

Was there a lot of room in the toe box? Man, i dont know what to do. Wear 9.5 in jordan 1s, 9.5 flyknit racers, the concepts rose i went tts but they were a bit long, and sized down in the concepts seals and they fit well. Thanks for all the input!
for us/uk made NBs most people go down .5 from their nike/jb size.  some even go a whole size down. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom