Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Ok cool, i'm going to sleep on it...if they are there tomorrow i'll probably pick them up for $95 + $10 shipping. 
Pretty sure its my listing your talking about... eBay ID: nikeheatkicks

...if so shoot me a PM and I'll take a couple bucks off.

My gf just showed me this article titled "What mens shoes say about them" 

These idiots trashin NB hard. 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

[h2]The Man Who Wears New Balance[/h2]
There is a special place in this world for a man who wears New Balance and it’s in the public library or laboratory. This guy was definitely a loser in high school and is probably still wearing the same shoes. He failed miserably in gym class, spent most of his time studying for the Chemistry SAT II, and went to a small liberal arts school.

He wears quarter zips with elastic cuffs and thinks Kanye West  is violent. He also likes to bring his lunch in an insulated bag and then save the Tupperware for later. He’s so nerdy it breaks our hearts, but we also love him for it.

Shockingly, he always has a really nice, genuinely sweet girlfriend (while we’re all still single) and treats her like a queen. The guys who wears New Balance is a little boring like his sneaker choice.

He could’ve had a shot with us if only he just changed his sneakers. New Balances are a dead giveaway that a horny teenager is having more sex than you.
This is meant for people like my cousin who work for a science lab and wear these every day with the laces pulled super tight.

This is meant for people like my cousin who work for a science lab and wear these every day with the laces pulled super tight.
That better be one comfortable New Balance! I bet it is though actually. I think my stepbrother had the same pair, laces pulled so tight that even after double knotted(which got tied the first time and haven't been untied/retied since) the loops are still so long they drag the ground and get stepped on, further tightening the untieable double knot.

Plus just cause the author experiences of a handful of guys that wear these kinds of shoes on a regular basis does not make her an expert lol. 

Yall stay clicking on these blogs. Elite daily, dolecollector, complex, TMZ

Stop giving them clicks
QFT.

All these crappy 'blogs' or 'news sites' are paid-by-the-click - so they don't care if their content is poorly-written garbage with no research.  All they need is a baited headline and it will get reposted, getting them even more clicks.  If anything - 'it's-so-stupid-it's-controversial' stuff probably nets them more money.

Been looking through some reddit replica sneaker page, and absolutely horrified. Got me to thinking, is there a page for identifying fake 997's in here? All I know is to look for the sole (3 piece construction?), any other tips I should be looking for?

And do they make fake 997GY's? I've seen a ton of rose and luxury goods.

Been looking through some reddit replica sneaker page, and absolutely horrified. Got me to thinking, is there a page for identifying fake 997's in here? All I know is to look for the sole (3 piece construction?), any other tips I should be looking for?

usually the materials are what give it away, we really recommend posting pictures here and asking for a legti check prior to any purchase. I haven't seen fake 997gys but yeah those rose and luxury goods are out there

usually the materials are what give it away, we really recommend posting pictures here and asking for a legti check prior to any purchase. I haven't seen fake 997gys but yeah those rose and luxury goods are out there
About time I guess, never done one of these. So please help me with a LC, thanks everyone.

Regarding material, are you talking about the suede quality? Also, I've read on here some others look for the widows peak etc.

About time I guess, never done one of these. So please help me with a LC, thanks everyone.

Regarding material, are you talking about the suede quality? Also, I've read on here some others look for the widows peak etc.
These look good. As @niketalk13  mentioned, fakes of these don't exist... Personally, the first thing I look for is a solid N logo. The fakes N logo is usually wonky with bad stitching and easily identifiable. 

These look good. As @niketalk13  mentioned, fakes of these don't exist... Personally, the first thing I look for is a solid N logo. The fakes N logo is usually wonky with bad stitching and easily identifiable. 
Thanks! Brings a lot of relief.

I'm unfamiliar with the whole "replica" scene, so checking it out to protect my future purchases. From what I can glean, they do tend to sway towards the hyped models or expensive models more. And the higher the demand, the closer to the actual thing they might get. I mean, look at those Yeezy fakes *shudders*. I buy a lot of my kicks through the bay and individual sellers, so it's only made me more wary than ever.

Yes, they make fake 997GY's. Things to look for are crappy stitching, the 'n' logo isn't centered on the mid section of the shoe, overlaping material on the back heel section of the shoe and different materials and colors used.

Back
Top Bottom