Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Ridiculous that's exactly how it went down with my pair. Honestly, what are they going to do with these pieces of trash? I couldn't even step outside in them. Sorry I put my trust into creating a custom New Balance, the least you could do is throw me a promo code for the crap product and to maybe retain my business. Oh well, I'll just stick to their GR'S from now on.
frown.gif
wow.  that's really really bad.  i'd be so pissed if i didn't get that pair replaced. 

i feel like NB is making us jump through hoops for the refund/replacement bc of people abusing the policy. 

wow.  that's really really bad.  i'd be so pissed if i didn't get that pair replaced. 

i feel like NB is making us jump through hoops for the refund/replacement bc of people abusing the policy. 

Nope. The opposite. They've been a pain in the *** about refunds/replacements since day one. My 998s have the wrong color accent collar and I had to email, call etc about 5 times before giving up on them sending me a return shipping label. Thing showed up like a month later. I had already given up at that point though.

They just don't want to do returns on custom pairs because it's harder to do anything with them after. You do get more for your money with a pair of New Balance than any Nike ID but I expect the same quality as usual, not this inconsistency

Same here - poor shape is why I stopped buying air max 1s in 2006 - and what let me to NB in the first place...

Me too. Now I am pretty much trying to reshape every pair I get. I just can't understand why NB doesn't fix it???

ahh i need them nighthawks and concrete jungles, hurts every time i look at them. only person on ebay with a 9.5 in jungles wants $275 and they are outlet/b grades with minor flaw. fingers crossed one  day i will find both.
I will be on the lookout for you. I seen a few jungles recently on grailed.com for around $200...but those go quick. I just got rid of a second pair but they were a 10.5 though. 

Same here - poor shape is why I stopped buying air max 1s in 2006 - and what let me to NB in the first place...
Granted, NBs aren't nearly as bad as the AM1 shape.

That vertical dive off the cliff toe is incredibly bad.

Nope. The opposite. They've been a pain in the *** about refunds/replacements since day one. My 998s have the wrong color accent collar and I had to email, call etc about 5 times before giving up on them sending me a return shipping label. Thing showed up like a month later. I had already given up at that point though.

They just don't want to do returns on custom pairs because it's harder to do anything with them after. You do get more for your money with a pair of New Balance than any Nike ID but I expect the same quality as usual, not this inconsistency
people working at the factory aren't going to be perfect at every second of their job, every single day.   i don't think anyone can do that for any job..  so there will be legit messed up pairs, but when nb1 launched there were quite a few people abusing it getting free pairs from very minor issues.  

Had the chance to double up..and they sent the right box this time around

Nice, I knew I'd hate missing out on the chance to cop for $120-130 when the disc code worked on these. Also, the toe wrap on your first pair is way better than the new one.

Nice, I knew I'd hate missing out on the chance to cop for $120-130 when the disc code worked on these. Also, the toe wrap on your first pair is way better than the new one.

Word I just noticed that
..they actually look like the shape on fakes...its crazy how the same exact shoe can differ so much in shape. Thanks bro

To make it even more confusing, recent NBs have a more structured and stiffer toe, because of a piece of plastic i think? But this causes what's been referred to as a toe puff, and changes (negatively IMO) the shape of the 998. For reference:

Sharp pointy toe

VS

Stubby blocky toe

Wow, glad I'm not the only one who noticed the difference in the toe box on newer models. It seems they use more material on the toe wrap panel, which results in a higher panel, giving more material this way to the toe box. This is also why the newer ones seem to fit bigger. I had to go down another half size in my Grand Tourer, usually I'm a US 12, in the GT I'm a 11.5.

Some have a little less bulky nose but I haven't seen that nice pointy shark nose in a while :frown:

Last edited:
The move away from the pointy toe to the puffy toe seems to be a trend in the last 4 years or so, and it's happening to a lot of models and also a lot of brands in general.

For example, when I had the 2010 NB 1300JP the front was a pointy toe structure, but on the new 2015 NB 1300JP2 it's puffed up (this was the very conversation I had with the dude lining up in front of me at the shop when buying them). Must be a different last that they are using now to build shoes. However I really don't notice a difference in toe box roominess.

Another example is the new Jordan 6 maroon, compare that to the OG from 1991 and the same thing can be observed.

Last edited:

I will be on the lookout for you. I seen a few jungles recently on grailed.com for around $200...but those go quick. I just got rid of a second pair but they were a 10.5 though. 
thanks for looking out. if you run across concrete jungles, pebble blues, or nighthawks in 9.5 for non rape price would greatly appreciate you pointing me in that direction. thx a million

yeah those have been there for a minute. there was a 10 in my price range but i would not be happy with them. i absolutely hate a shoe that's too large for me.  the guy wanting $275 for the jungles and they are factory blem's has lost his mind. ideally would like to find them for no more than $200-$225 a pair, $150-$200 would be awesome. hopefully patience will pay off in long run.

yeah those have been there for a minute. there was a 10 in my price range but i would not be happy with them. i absolutely hate a shoe that's too large for me.  the guy wanting $275 for the jungles and they are factory blem's has lost his mind. ideally would like to find them for no more than $200-$225 a pair, $150-$200 would be awesome. hopefully patience will pay off in long run.

Patience is best..I picked up my jungles for $165 shipped DS off the bay a few months back...after looking for them for a few months...definitely worth the wait.

Just need a pair of 1500UKG in US12 and then it's game over for me. Had a pair of 1500SGB from Hanon and after daily beat them for a year the lower midsole paint on the heel cracked like a pair of Air Max 90s. The wooden box wasn't that nice either I had to re-hammer it into shape lol!

Thought I'll take a pic of the 1300JP2 with the puffy toe box. The laces are longer on the older 1300JP so I kept those. Grey is beautiful!

Last edited:
Finally copped, been watching the seller drop the price for like 2 months lol.
  glad someone cop'd that was a steal lmo
If anyone finds a 9.5 in the Nighthawks please point me in the right direction. Greatly appreciate it
 lol we are in same boat, can come close to making a similar looking shoe on nb1 without the blue on midsole but it's just not the same. they need to restock them like the htb's did.

I'm looking at buying my brother a pair of Daytona 1600's for his birthday, can someone give me a rundown on the fit?
IIRC I've heard 1600 fit like 1500 so similar to GL3/V and half up from 996/7/8/9 etc. Is that correct?

I'm looking at buying my brother a pair of Daytona 1600's for his birthday, can someone give me a rundown on the fit?
IIRC I've heard 1600 fit like 1500 so similar to GL3/V and half up from 996/7/8/9 etc. Is that correct?

IMO the 1600 fits a bit more snug than 1500s. I can go down half size in 1500 but in my Daytona's I went TTS and still could have gone 1/2 size up without a problem

Back
Top Bottom