Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Did that complex article bump up the price of the luxury goods? Picked up a pair last summer DS for under retail. eBay prices are insane now.

Either way not in the office Friday, in the latest outlet steal 997gy2.
Is that what happened? 

A few months ago I started looking for a second pair but everything is like $350-$400.

Is that what happened? 

A few months ago I started looking for a second pair but everything is like $350-$400.
I just double checked I payed $215 shipped last June with the concepts box. Can't believe how much they are now. I don't like to give complex any credit but not sure what else happened.

Last edited:

I just double checked I payed $215 shipped last June with the concepts box. Can't believe how much they are now. I don't like to give complex any credit but not sure what else happened.
$215 would be welcome these days. 

I think re-sellers just bump the prices as the shoe gets older and older.

Combination of the shoe getting older and the complex for sure, wouldn't pay resell though

Last edited:

It's crazy they surpassed the Rose 997s on some sites as far as price. I am happy I payed under retail for both. Wouldn't mind doubling up on the Luxury goods

#OCF

I was also surprised about luxury goods inflation. I guess I jumped off the wrong side of the fence during rd.

All of this talk about Luxury Goods reminds me that I still have yet to UNDS my pair. I gotta get on that. 

My 997s for exactly like my 998s and I'm a .5 down from TTS in both (8.5 TTS/574s; 8 in 997/998)

I honestly prefer an even more snug fit, so I wish I would have sized down a full size for both 998/997s, but 8 seems to be a happy medium tbh
thanks!

What's a good price for a pair of slightly used West NYC 580 Alpine Guides in a 10.5?

Last edited:
I get the numbers. I'm asking about the letters. I see posts about 997BBK, 997GY, 997GY2, etc. What do the letters indicate?
AH I see. Those letters are model specific/colorway-specific/collaborator specific or it might be reflected through an entire GR. These style numbers/letters are created just after the design/manufacturing process (unreleased shoes have secret code names before they're given their unique call ID letters.) The letters sometime reflect what the color-way is i.e. (997gy and 997gy2) can easily lead you to believe that "gy" indirectly abbreviates to "grey" (though the 2 would indicate slight variations between generations of the grey 997 series), which you wouldn't be off the mark. J. Crew uses "__JC#" to identify their products via lettering after each shoe. Another example is the J.Crew 998 Model "Hill Top Blues" which Model/Style code is "M998HTB". 

Remembering the style/model codes with specific shoes is something Unique to NB, so looking at different NB's and quickly identifying them is kind of an.. amusing skill thats learned over some time and devotion. 

Last edited:
ive only purchased 999's up until now but Im a size 11, do you think a pair of 878's will work in a 11.5 or I shouldn't even try? im just trying not to have them looking like tugboats on my feet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom