Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

DOL for $90 is a steal!!! You should def pick those up.  They're one of the best 997.  Colors and materials are top notch.
996DOL is what he wrote, that's the olive pair, not to be confused with the light blue 997DOL.    If it were the 997, I'd make dude go back and pick me up a pair.
laugh.gif

thanks. I have finally figured out my NB size (thanks to a trip to the outlet when I was on vacation)
But I have the most trouble with the 998.
TTS is too long, but half size down is too tight where the 3m piece behind the toe box is.

I own 3 998's in my TTS and I can wear them, but I hate how long they are
They'll stretch out a bit and it prob won't be so bad.  THe 998 is supposed to have a roomier toebox as it is but it's the part where the tongue is stitched into the bottom of the toe box that's bothering you? I would just stuff the shoe for a bit if that's the case in hopes that it would stretch.

If anyone's interested, there's a listing for the grey "bringback" 998s for $39 SHIPPED. Looks legit to me though I can't say for sure but at that price I'd be willing to take a chance if they had my size.

If anyone's interested, there's a listing for the grey "bringback" 998s for $39 SHIPPED. Looks legit to me though I can't say for sure but at that price I'd be willing to take a chance if they had my size.
Fakes.

Look at the other items they're selling.  A Gucci bag for $89 that ships from NYC.  An electric razor for $8 that ships from China.  And the 998s ship from L.A.

Def stay away from those.  

For $40 shipped does seem fake. But I have check out for some legit brand new 996 mints for $60 shipped. Either way I took a gamble. Worst case I dispute w PayPal and use as lawn beaters.

Last edited:
has anybody purchased from nbdc since the codes came out yesterday?  I didn't try much but I couldn't get them applied to any 997/998 in the "made in" collections...

Question for anyone that got the 998 Boston in today does your pair have bleeding real bad ?
From the rust portion of the shoe

Last edited:

They'll stretch out a bit and it prob won't be so bad.  THe 998 is supposed to have a roomier toebox as it is but it's the part where the tongue is stitched into the bottom of the toe box that's bothering you? I would just stuff the shoe for a bit if that's the case in hopes that it would stretch.
yea the thing is most of these shoes use 3M material on that spot.  I was afraid that 3M wouldnt stretch. 

Question for anyone that got the 998 Boston in today does your pair have bleeding real bad ?
From the rust portion of the shoe
I got mine in Monday, and of course tried some lace swaps. After i took a white lace out to put a green lace in (green's look the best imo) i noticed the one white lace i put in had red/brown all over it. So yes, mine is bleeding onto my laces, but not onto any other part of the shoe. Now that i loosened up my green laces i see the parts that were through the holes have a little bleeding from the red/dirt suede as well. 

My first attempt at a custom. 

Base was 577RKK but I don't have a before pic.

Decided to turn them into 577 Red Devils.

Not the best shots since I'm just using my phone.

Thanks to @JordDiem  for some customization info when I was trying to get it started.

What do you guys think?
Really dope look bro! Nailed it on your first pair. 

Back
Top Bottom