Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Little help here!!! Im new @ the talk, and I'm finding it really cool for any kicks enthusiast!... ok so, I'm looking forward to buy my first New Balance 999's... I'm just concerned about the size. I bought online (NB website) the new 990 v4 in black, sz 12, and got them wrong, they're big for me, even though they're D wide, so I'm about to sell them on eBay or here as I just used them once, super comfortable but they're just large for me, I gotta go for an 11 instead, BUT, I have a pair of 574's and they fit perfect in SZ 12!... I bought the 574 first that's why I thought the 990s would fit the same in 12 but I was wrong... I walked in to a NB shop in north Scottsdale last week and tryed the sz 11s and bang!... anyway... some advise on the 999s size I should go for???
(Reference: I'm a sz 12 in Jordan 7, 8, 9, 10...)

Last edited:
Those are better quality than I expected, I think a sole swap may be difficult because the current soles they put on the 1600 are garbage. It may just be worth it to wear them til they fall apart then maybe think about swapping the soles but I'm sure the shoe last have changed over the years and the current soles may not even fit the upper of the old 90's 1600's.

*someone is selling a new pair for 400 and it looks exactly the same as the used one that went for 52 lol. 

That's what I plan to do, wear them maybe once every two weeks to see how it goes. I also noticed that 400usd pair.....feel lucky even if I could wear mine a few times and make it a collectible afterwards lol

so I'm about to sell them on eBay or here as I just used them once, super comfortable but they're just large for me, I gotta go for an 11 instead, BUT, I have a pair of 574's and they fit perfect in SZ 12!...
you should be able to clean off the v4 outsoles and insoles and return them to new balance for a refund or store credit. 999 are asian-made lifestyle so they should be similar to your 574. 

Did anyone end up with those DEAL 997.5s from weeks back? Surprised I haven't seen any pop up on the secondary market.

Yeah I was seriously looking at those and I found a guy on Insta that was willing to act as a proxy but he was asking $400 from what I remember!

they got the og gore-tex remaster at brighton. both the brown/blue and the black/ grey. lots of sizes. both are flames. i got the brown one
what are they asking for those at the outlets? might make it up to woodbury commons end of the month.

:nerd:

Probably talking about the next round of collabs they got coming up. I wouldn't be surprised at all if NB approached Concepts about doing a 247 collab - at some point though I'm really hoping they drop another monochromatic 997 in a fruity color 
nthat.gif

Speaking of the 247, stopped by the Brighton Flagship today and picked up the J. Crew collab for my sister as a birthday gift and the grey pair for my wife- wifey loves them and says they're super comfy.

More and more I look at these joints and talk with NB employees I can't help but feel like the 247 is a straight NMD knockoff, lol. I'm okay with that, though, still got love for the model and think the quality is great. 

Probably talking about the next round of collabs they got coming up. I wouldn't be surprised at all if NB approached Concepts about doing a 247 collab - at some point though I'm really hoping they drop another monochromatic 997 in a fruity color 
nthat.gif

Speaking of the 247, stopped by the Brighton Flagship today and picked up the J. Crew collab for my sister as a birthday gift and the grey pair for my wife- wifey loves them and says they're super comfy.

More and more I look at these joints and talk with NB employees I can't help but feel like the 247 is a straight NMD knockoff, lol. I'm okay with that, though, still got love for the model and think the quality is great. 
I really hope those J. Crew 247's release in men's. 

Nope, those are an old GR. the pair you are after is the M577PSG but it's Moreno of a red than a pink
I think @Remy's referring a Mark Godfrey post on IG when he posted the powder blue 577s with the new shape that a similar pair would drop alongside in a rose gold copper color way. I imagined it to be more a light, faded pastel pink but I could be wrong. 

I think @Remy
's referring a Mark Godfrey post on IG when he posted the powder blue 577s with the new shape that a similar pair would drop alongside in a rose gold copper color way. I imagined it to be more a light, faded pastel pink but I could be wrong. 
Look at his IG post, it has the style code M577PSG on it. I'd have preferred a more pink pair but I'm definitely gonna pick a pair up on the sales, they are a cracking pair that really look back to the old flimby days

Look at his IG post, it has the style code M577PSG on it. I'd have preferred a more pink pair but I'm definitely gonna pick a pair up on the sales, they are a cracking pair that really look back to the old flimby days
Word, makes a lot of sense. That's so lame, lol. I like the color way fine, just was expecting something different.

what are they asking for those at the outlets? might make it up to woodbury commons end of the month.
believe they were $110 and they got the buy one get one half off now. you could always pull the ole' buy two and return one at westbrook if you only need one. did you call woodbury? haven't been there in prob over a year

Just picked up a third pair of my favorite model, the 678.  The teal suede, white mesh and leather, and plastic lace are just so dope.  I was so pissed when NB decided it wouldn't release the reissue but the 878 they released instead uses the same sole unit one of my pairs desperately needs.  If anybody knows of a reliable person that can swap soles please DM me.  From right to left: USA 678 early 90's small logo, USA 678 early 90's big logo (my favorite), and Japan only made in Vietnam CM678.     Enjoy crappy bathroom pics.

Yeah, Puma is doing it too. TBH, Nike really is the one who first introduced FlyKnit and the Roshe. But there's no doubt Adidas took it to a whole other level with boost tech, and Prime Knit kills FlyKnit. I think NB is keeping the design pretty true to their roots, enough so to make it stand out. That Navy pair has potential.

Just picked up a third pair of my favorite model, the 678.  The teal suede, white mesh and leather, and plastic lace are just so dope.  I was so pissed when NB decided it wouldn't release the reissue but the 878 they released instead uses the same sole unit one of my pairs desperately needs.  If anybody knows of a reliable person that can swap soles please DM me.  From right to left: USA 678 early 90's small logo, USA 678 early 90's big logo (my favorite), and Japan only made in Vietnam CM678.
those are SO FIRE!!!!!!. this is what new balance needs to be doing instead of all this nmd hype train stuff. no offense at all to those folks. like what you like but they need to go back into those 90s vaults and re-issue the white leather heat in og colors!!!!

was tempted to snag these women's 993's at lawrence yesterday but i passed they were just a little too nurse shoe

New crew 997

Can someone tell me how to post those enlarged pics like above instead of these sh*tty jpegs that need to be enlarged? Am I showing my age? I'm out.
Maybe if you're posting from mobile this is how it comes out? That's my assumption. When you post via desktop it gives you the option to control how big the image is in the post but I don't think that option exists from mobile browsers.

Also, those are super clean- love that light brown leather liner! The more time passes by, the more I regret sleeping on the Butterscotch 997s. The Moonshots weren't for me but I can get down with these. 

Yep. J. Crew 997 will be copped. The only J. Crew release I didn't care for was the 998 Royalty. Everything else is always spot on. 

Back
Top Bottom