Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Wore these “reissues” yesterday
092072E2-68A3-4927-BF47-7F25F0382859.jpeg

Question. I remember a few years ago, there was some buzz about a grey Japan 1300. Were they made in JP or just released exclusively there? And is there a style code anyone could provide so I can try and track a pair down?

edit: and how does the 574 GYC from this year compare to the 1300?

Last edited:
Question. I remember a few years ago, there was some buzz about a grey Japan 1300. Were they made in JP or just released exclusively there? And is there a style code anyone could provide so I can try and track a pair down?

edit: and how does the 574 GYC from this year compare to the 1300?

You can read a bit about the 1300JP and its reissues here.
The similarity between them and the 574 of this year is pretty much only the cw.
I'm patiently waiting for 2020.

You can read a bit about the 1300JP and its reissues here.
The similarity between them and the 574 of this year is pretty much only the cw.
I'm patiently waiting for 2020.
Cheers, thank you. Yeah looks like a lot of the features that make the 1300JP the 1300JP are lost on the 574. I've been wanting a pair of grey NBs; I had some 998s last year that I didn't love on foot so thinking about 997 and other alternatives. The 1300JPs seem perfect but of course I waited until the longest midway point in the five year gap to want them...

how's 574 comfort?

Last edited:

The "Modern Day Cobbler", is my name. Mending soles is my game. :pimp:

the_cobbler_trailer_still.jpg
Let’s get you setup with an account; whoever’s interested forward your shoes to vidi for a $25 reshaping
Cheers, thank you. Yeah looks like a lot of the features that make the 1300JP the 1300JP are lost on the 574. I've been wanting a pair of grey NBs; I had some 998s last year that I didn't love on foot so thinking about 997 and other alternatives. The 1300JPs seem perfect but of course I waited until the longest midway point in the five year gap to want them...

how's 574 comfort?
I find that miUSA 574 have great comfort and stability. I can’t comment on Asian made pairs, I’ve never owned a pair.

how's 574 comfort?

If it's mainly the colorway that's attracting you to the 1300's, check the 990KBM2. Should be fairly easy to find, possibly on sale, and are a much better consolation prize for those who want the 1300 than the 574 imo. I can't really comment on the confort of the 574 as I don't have any pair.

Dang, didn't even think about looking at the insoles on the Mita joints. Now that I saw the shoe site pics, even happier w/ these. My toes will be even happier!

squizzy3000 squizzy3000 vhs29 vhs29 appreciate the help folks. I'm not a big fan on 990s in any way shape or form, so even thought the colorway and comfort are on point, it's not a silhouette I'm a fan of. There's an ebay code today so I could probably snag the 574s for retail. My size is still on SNS, too. I'll see.

FYI - looks like another ebay coupon tomorrow, 15% off a minimum of $25 (max discount of $100): https://slickdeals.net/f/11979227-e...purchase-25-max-discount-100-starts-08-28?v=1

The code itself has not been announced yet, so just check that link tomorrow (or even later today) and I'm sure the OP will add it to the first post.

Excuse me a moment, I'm going to go get my watch list in order...

EDIT: code will be PREGAME15. Will begin 8/28 at 11am ET, and ends at 11pm ET.
Thanks for remembering me. For some reason this code cannot be applied the three pairs of kicks I have in my cart.....sigh

how's 574 comfort?

574 mi Asia are less comfy and fit tighter than mi USA. I would go for mi Asia only for a unique cw like SNS.
Grey NBs are a must, you could try in different shades the 1500FA or 997GY. 576OGG are on sale in many shops.
And as said before there is 990KBM2 with the same cw.

Today, 997GY
IMG_20180828_155213.jpg

I know this has been asked a million times, but do you all usually go a half size up or down from 998 to 997?

Thanks for remembering me. For some reason this code cannot be applied the three pairs of kicks I have in my cart.....sigh

That is so weird. A guy in the Air Max 1 thread also said the code wasn't working for him. I tested on a random BIN listing and it worked for me...so....I don't know. Maybe try with just 1 pair? I know you want to apply it to more than 1, but I guess 1 is better than none.

The only thing I can think of is that those particular shoes were somehow categorized incorrectly by the seller(s). Somehow listed as "coins/currency" or "gift certificates". Which, of course, makes no sense. I really don't know.

I know this has been asked a million times, but do you all usually go a half size up or down from 998 to 997?

A lot of people recommend a half size down. I haven’t heard much about people going .5 up. I stay to my regular size, but my feet are Shrekish lol

Back
Top Bottom