Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

9DA7CEB2-7226-41E7-9DEB-2A5A2C73E5D2.jpeg
Steal price full size run

Are these based off another collab? They look great, and I feel like I’ve mocked these up myself. “Nimbus cloud” seems to be a grey-ish white. It should appear more white than cool grey. What color is the rest of the shoe?
loosely off salmon toes asics. the light purple is dark cashmere and the other is white peach

alright i'm convinced they got the order wrong with kool grey instead of white based off these:

^ has i'm assuming kool grey heel wrap and nimbus cloud sock liner

^kool grey sock liner identical to mine

someone convince me otherwise, NB is giving me a hard time and i need more evidence

someone convince me otherwise, NB is giving me a hard time and i need more evidence

In your last pic, it looks like you used the cool grey for the heel accent, and its darker than the 'N' on your pair which looks likie nimbus cloud to me. I have the 990NC4 and the 'white' suede on it definitely has a grayish tint to it, especially sitting next to bright white mesh on that pair. If you look at the reflective options (which are sadly more accurate than the suede color swatches), you'll see there is a white 3M option vs nimbus 3M option. Nimbus is grayer.

The 997 render's colors are WAAAAAAY off. before picking my colors, i dug around for anyone who used them so i could get a feel for what they actually look like, again using Vidi's 998s as a swatch guide.

it may be the picture, but the sockliner, heel accent, and N logo is all the same color of grey. i intended it to be nimbus cloud

you can tell in the left corner of this picture, where the light isn't hitting directly that it's a little darker than white.

am i wrong in assuming nimbus cloud is actually white versus a light grey?
e63981b2-9c41-42d6-aab9-99bfc9df2eda-jpeg.2280237

furthermore
52602809_10216527664037426_3038301333099642880_n.jpg
this make up has nimbus tongue against the kool grey side piece... that white is the same color as the sole to me

437D4136-BE2D-4590-9C1E-E89C4FF4170B.jpeg 7CD5C8D6-0C98-4310-AE96-E98C858D3F7A.jpeg

I guess it’s a losing battle since in all the pictures it looks white, but in person it looks gray. Which surprised me.

So kool grey must be darker than this?

Last edited:
You have a valid argument - I'm seeing almost an in between in colors. That has more grey than most nimbus I've seen but I'm not an expert

it may be the picture, but the sockliner, heel accent, and N logo is all the same color of grey. i intended it to be nimbus cloud

you can tell in the left corner of this picture, where the light isn't hitting directly that it's a little darker than white.

am i wrong in assuming nimbus cloud is actually white versus a light grey?
e63981b2-9c41-42d6-aab9-99bfc9df2eda-jpeg.2280237

furthermore
52602809_10216527664037426_3038301333099642880_n.jpg
this make up has nimbus tongue against the kool grey side piece... that white is the same color as the sole to me

437D4136-BE2D-4590-9C1E-E89C4FF4170B.jpeg 7CD5C8D6-0C98-4310-AE96-E98C858D3F7A.jpeg

I guess it’s a losing battle since in all the pictures it looks white, but in person it looks gray. Which surprised me.

So kool grey must be darker than this?
It’s def kool grey, looks like they messed up.

if anyone has a good picture with both kool grey and nimbus cloud on one shoe it would help me out with my case.

if anyone has a good picture with both kool grey and nimbus cloud on one shoe it would help me out with my case.
I used nimbus cloud in combination w/kool grey on my last 998. (Blue 998 pictured on right - base accent, lining, laces, base N)
Also used nimbus for the toe on a previous 998 (black/red pictured left - toe, base N)
It’s definitely misleading on the color wheel, as it tends to be more grey than white in hand.
DDDC422C-142B-4191-B1B5-238A940EC35A.jpeg
DDDC422C-142B-4191-B1B5-238A940EC35A.jpeg

yeah, m990nc4 is basically nimbus cloud which is a light grey. on nb1 website, all this time, i thought n.c. was more white.

Lol this is crazy.

“NB, please do better” - concerned customer.

There is no reason this should be happening. There is no reason people should be debating what color they bought. Damn........

With the return policy, and how unclear the options are in the rendering, NB should definitely change something.

First pair I ordered looks slightly different from the rendering, but I’m happy... they actually turned out better than I thought.

The difference of dark cashmere on nb1 and actual shoes is amazing. If a guy is not active in these NB fan groups he will be making something very different than what he wants

well i'm glad you guys seem to agree with me, after like 3 reps, i got one to take a return. but if it is really gray, then do i choose something else? or make the same thing? lol.

they should definitely put some of the real swatches available instead of making people guess, but it's been out for how long now and they're not losing enough money to change

did anyone order perf toe 997? i wanna see the shape on those

Most underrated 998 release from last year. Love these. Just bought a pair myself. The details are incredible. Leather sock liner and the weird plastic piece on the side of all 998s (always looked like stereo equalizer sliders to me) is done in leather. So cool. Would have liked to have seen something besides white for the sole (will we ever see a gum sole on a 998?!?) but pretty near perfect.

well i'm glad you guys seem to agree with me, after like 3 reps, i got one to take a return. but if it is really gray, then do i choose something else? or make the same thing? lol.

they should definitely put some of the real swatches available instead of making people guess, but it's been out for how long now and they're not losing enough money to change

did anyone order perf toe 997? i wanna see the shape on those
You could use the white reflective option to be sure. Also I don’t know where you’re located but NB stores usually have the swatches for you to check out.

Back
Top Bottom