Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

For sure - but I feel like anyone who's been around and following NB and the sneaker scene can attest to the fact that hype runs in cycles. A few years ago Adidas was unstoppable with Ultra Boost, NMDs and Yeezys selling out and reselling like hotcakes. No one could have envisioned those shoes sitting on shelves like they are now. When I first started getting into New Balance the runner craze was at an all time high. You guys remember how expensive Ronnie's older Asics GL3's were reselling for, right? Some of his classics have maintained some resell value but it's nowhere near what it used to be. Same with NB's - this is not the first time New Balance has been "cool."

The current trend includes all things Jordan 1, Nike SB, Off-White and apparently New Balance. Most of us regulars in this thread are not used to paying retail for NB general releases and yet here we are. Eventually, though, some other celebrity co-sign or collaboration will release with another brand and all the thirsty children will move on. And all the pairs that they sat on hoping would appreciate in value will eventually turn into bricks. And then we'll all eat.

We've all seen this story before. It always ends the same :smokin
100% agree!
I was able to pick up a ton of older NBs and ASICS that dropped crazy in price due to the ultra boost craze. Eventually it’s going to happen again.

damn nothing smaller than an 8, thanks for the link 👍🏽

In the world of oil and gas, no one cares about sneakers.
After we switched to a more casual dress code, I just try to wear my sneakers more often so I can enjoy them before they fall apart.

So i guess it really is true that no one really cares that much after high school. Man i need a job like yours with the dress code policy, I'd be wearing all my kicks...oh and i need that kinda salary too 🤣

I’ve tried using a shoe tree to reshape the toe box to no success. Would the ironing technique work? I’ve seen demos online but I just can’t pull the trigger with putting a well cloth over the suede. Have any of you successfully done it? Thanks!

Attachments

• 6E50DC03-FFFC-4119-8FD7-952D129459AF.jpeg
    6E50DC03-FFFC-4119-8FD7-952D129459AF.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 211
I’ve tried using a shoe tree to reshape the toe box to no success. Would the ironing technique work? I’ve seen demos online but I just can’t pull the trigger with putting a well cloth over the suede. Have any of you successfully done it? Thanks!

whats the issue here?

your shoe is probably roomy at the toe box not uncommon w MiUSA or that model. my 997s do that a little on the lateral right foot toe box, maybe consider going half a size down?

remy remy recently ironed out his 1300JP3, maybe he has some tips.
I'm naturally a size 9 in length but flat feet and years barefoot have made my feet the width of a size 10, so 9.5 is my happy middle ground. If only NB made some of their collabs or non-standard GRs wider I'd go down to a 9.

Thats a product of the shoe having to much material, not sure ironing would take it all away. I have ironed a ton of suede shoes, and only messed up one, which i burnt by not having enough water on my towel. Left it shiny and super smooth. Just pat it dry with a towel and make sure you let it air dry completely, then hit it with a suede brush.

Thats a product of the shoe having to much material, not sure ironing would take it all away. I have ironed a ton of suede shoes, and only messed up one, which i burnt by not having enough water on my towel. Left it shiny and super smooth. Just pat it dry with a towel and make sure you let it air dry completely, then hit it with a suede brush.
Thank you for the tips! Yes I also thought maybe the material cut was just a smidgen generous. I think I'm good for now!

Thank you for the tips! Yes I also thought maybe the material cut was just a smidgen generous. I think I'm good for now!
No sweat, i remember the first time i ironed a suede shoe, was super sketchy until i was done. Its real easy, just remember, more quick passes will always be better than smushing it down, and keep it wet!

Screenshot_20200305-190043_Chrome.jpg

Anybody else order 992s off of Footlocker and got an email that they were trying to find the item shortly after? This is my order status

Back
Top Bottom