Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

7B132485-15D9-4C2B-BA1C-69A0FC11363C.jpeg

It’s nice to have some in store chances at shoes again. Got the M992GR for myself, the Dark Grey laces for the 1300AR, and the 990s for my dad. He’s always been a Navy shoe guy, so this seemed like the best fit for a Father’s Day gift.

Thanks! Seems like opinions on the 990V2 sizing are mixed though because also hear people say that they fit .5 big. I wish I could try a pair on

What area do you live in? Even mid-sized cities carry 990s at Dicks and such. If push comes to shove, just order a .5 and TTS pair online with a company that has a good return policy, preferably with free returns and order some to try on.

For what it’s worth, every 990 model I’ve tried (haven’t tried every V yet) , I go .5 down. Mind you, just tried them at random brick and mortar and online stores. Mainly to do what I described above. Nothing I was willing to keep unless it was on deep disco.

What area do you live in? Even mid-sized cities carry 990s at Dicks and such. If push comes to shove, just order a .5 and TTS pair online with a company that has a good return policy, preferably with free returns and order some to try on.

For what it’s worth, every 990 model I’ve tried (haven’t tried every V yet) , I go .5 down. Mind you, just tried them at random brick and mortar and online stores. Mainly to do what I described above. Nothing I was willing to keep unless it was on deep disco.

I can’t think of any regular sneaker stores that stock 990v2, wish there were. boutiques Or consignment shops on the other hand..

I can’t think of any regular sneaker stores that stock 990v2, wish there were. boutiques Or consignment shops on the other hand..

Yeah (re: only at boutiques), I went back and found the 990s I tried previously and found 2 of the 3. One was a V4 and the other V5; can’t find/remember the 3rd model I tried on though.

half down for me as they are a tad long but TTS works too
Thanks!
Do you have narrow feet? Bc afaik most people with narrow feet tend to go down .5.
And do you have any space left in the toe area when going down .5? Also how's the fit width wise when you go down .5?

Thanks! I live in Europe.
There are stores that carry the latest 990V5 model but not the V2 unfortunately. Would you say the fit for all the 990s is similar? Bc if that's the case I'll order some V5s to figure out sizing

Really appreciate the help guys! :smile:

I need NB1 to come back sucks what happened w the corona **** but man was I pissed my two orders got cancelled after a month of waiting

Thanks!
Do you have narrow feet? Bc afaik most people with narrow feet tend to go down .5.
And do you have any space left in the toe area when going down .5? Also how's the fit width wise when you go down .5?

Thanks! I live in Europe.
There are stores that carry the latest 990V5 model but not the V2 unfortunately. Would you say the fit for all the 990s is similar? Bc if that's the case I'll order some V5s to figure out sizing

Really appreciate the help guys! :smile:
Go 0.5 down if u like a comfy snug fit. Tts for a nice and roomy

Back
Top Bottom