Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Crooked Tongues' recent writeup on the 997 does an effective job of presenting NB as the antidote to the recent nonsense surrounding Nike releases.  
http://www.crookedtongues.../22/new-balance-m997hwb/

Did you ever think New Balance would amass the hype we've witnessed for the brand over the last twelve months? Best of all that interest has been directed at purer NB makeups that make use of navy, grey and black rather than any unnecessary boldness. This is a brand that speaks with its silhouettes and quality rather than shouting to get into the spotlight. At present we're witnessing two booms — a market who are starving for old runners executed right and a gradually growing horde who are obsessed with Foamposites that bear an interstellar pattern on the upper, with no real interest in saving their pennies in the quest for that Penny-endorsed monster of a shoe. We're not saying that there's no crossover there, but we don't know if one tribe is a reaction to the other, or vice-versa. It's pretty heartening though, because folk snapping up classic New Balance has encouraged the brand to bring the 990 series over here beyond the 993. Maybe — with the J Crew 1400s causing a kerfuffle — we'll see the 1400 on these shores to at some point, but at present, you should be prepping the bank balance for lots of US-made 998s and 996s that are arriving at the end of the year - despite the hardcore athletic history of both shoes, they're a slow food movement compared to the fast food of retro basketball releases that cause queues. 

I still need those 997's. They never released stateside right?

I've gotten sneakers from places like Japan, France, and the UK, but after the exchange (stuff is expensive for them over there already), shipping, and import taxes/duties. It costs a lot of money. I was hoping I could sit on them and get them later on sale from somewhere online, but they sold pretty well. I haven't seen the prices drop and a bunch of places are sold out if not mostly sold out anyway.

I haven't seen them on any North American sites, so you may have to cave if you really want those 997s. There are still a few Euro sites which have sizes. They fit true to size for me, by the way.

Hanon had size US12/UK11.5/EU46.5 in stock not too long ago, but they're sold out. I saw another place, but it'll probably be around $200 (if not more) to get them shipped to Canada and the last time I bought sneakers from Europe or the UK that was in that price range, I had to pay around $70 in import duties. It caught me waaay off guard.

did anyone get the pub pack 576's from last year I guess it was? I just started getting into NB and those are beautiful.

somebody mention 997s?

^wish they made like that still. one of my favorite NB's I own.
from the other day:
1500 BWR

and my newest pick up. they could be M730s, but not sure...from the 80s for sure, though.

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

did anyone get the pub pack 576's from last year I guess it was? I just started getting into NB and those are beautiful.

I got the Royal Oak (kind of a curry brown all leather) I got them in an 11.5 which ended up fitting kind of big so I don't wear them as often as I'd like. They'll occasionally pop up on ebay at reasonable prices so keep checking. I remember Neiman Marcus got them in a few months after all the well known boutique sneaker shops in the US got them so there were quite a few pairs that went around.

Where are you guys finding these cool looking NBs?
I love my 574s and I've been seeing some cool CWs for years but never was able to find them for sale anywhere

just pulled the trigger on the white collars, like them more then the blues. cant wait to see them in person.

I got my Blue Collars delivered from UNDFTD today and my White Collars shipped out this afternoon. UN-DSing these immediately.

first pair of 574s in a looooong time

IMG_7149.jpg

When did they start doing that little cut out on the box lid? It's been a while since I've bought a pair of NB and noticed it when I got my MT580s in yesterday and see it on yours as well.

Man, I need to buy the White Collars but I just bought 3 pairs of shoes within the last 24 hours...these last few weeks have killed me.

Originally Posted by KryptoNaTe

^^ !!! 
pimp.gif
 Did they have any 11.5/12? Do they do phone orders? I haven't seen them below $90 on ebay..

I got the biggest size. which was 11. call around to new balance stores.

The Blue Ox's popped up at select retailers, they're probably not at many NB stores, calling stores off trial and error is hit or miss.  Don't have a NB store in my area so not too familiar about their item lookup... If I called your local spot would they lead me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated.

I know the odds of getting either is probably slim to nil, but does anyone know anything about these older releases? It looks like a 574 and a MT576.

new-balance-1_a.jpg
new-balance-1_e.jpg

new-balance-24_a.jpg
new-balance-24_d.jpg

The speckles on the 576 make me think they're a Mita collab, aside from that I don't know where else to point you I don't know enough about New Balance's collaborations with them to give any real advice.

I'm just gettin into the sneaker game, im mostly into Jordans but i want to get some NB's, how are they comfortwise compared to jordans? Any pairs youd recommend?

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

Anyone have any information on these 574's? I think they're a 2012 release.

sivasdescalzo-new-balance-white-blue-red-ml574cvy-1.jpg

sivasdescalzo-new-balance-white-blue-red-ml574cvy-7.jpg

sivasdescalzo-new-balance-white-blue-red-ml574cvy-2.jpg

sivasdescalzo-new-balance-ml574cvr-blue-red-1.jpg

sivasdescalzo-new-balance-ml574cvr-blue-red-2.jpg

I found and purchased the beige ones online from Germany. They fit more narrow at the front of the shoe compared to my other 574's.

Back
Top Bottom