Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I have a NB outlet about 30-45 minute drive from me. I never travel in that direction so I have never stopped and checked it out. Do they normally have a good selection of US or UK made New Balances ?
Not at mine.  There were 2 prs of these along with a few of the maroon 998s from last year I think.  Otherwise, its all newer tech NBs.  I talked to the manager and she said she has requested classics for that location (Houston), but i havent seen much aside from gray/orange 998s.  She did say that most of the good stock goes to the higher volume locations like in FL, CA and NY.

I live in houston and every time I'm at the mall I rarely see peeps rocking new balances , all of them rocking jays like it's the only brand out there

LPU. Found these for a great price ds on eBay, and honestly, I could not be happier with this pair. The materials are A1 as always and the shape, for being a "post 09' " 1500, is really not bad at all. It's actually quite nice. No worse than any recent 998 toe shape. Overall, these things are awesome.
not worse than any recent 998 toe shape huh? i dont think so. put up a pic next to a 998 please then. I have those 1500s and before i reshaped them they look like **** imo. If 998 toe shape is looking like that than all hope is lost

Last edited:

I live in houston and every time I'm at the mall I rarely see peeps rocking new balances , all of them rocking jays like it's the only brand out there
good. people are sheep. give them mcdonalds and nikes and they are happy
laugh.gif

Living up to your sig I see.

not worse than any recent 998 toe shape huh? i dont think so. put up a pic next to a 998 please then. I have those 1500s and before i reshaped them they look like **** imo. If 998 toe shape is looking like that than all hope is lost
Namely the 998BT that just released not too long ago. I compared the two side by side and the toe boxes are pretty dang close

Last edited:
Dang that's crazy. I ran the iron to my Curry's and I love them now. I hate those inserts they are putting in the damn toeboxes, they better stop!
I know, they've been putting them into 998's and 1300''s from what I've seen so far. It doesn't totally ruin it for me, BUT, they look way better without it

hey guys.. 

ive been looking at picking up a pair of the 577 americanas... i saw on the kith site, they say to go down .5 from your regular size..

i wear 12s, but on most shoes they are already snug on me. with gel lyte III i either buy a 12, or a 13, depending on what i can find.. (im really a 12.5 but just about no one makes 12.5)

would you suggest getting my TTS, since they are usually snug on me, or should i go the .5 size down because they run huge?

Speaking of re-shaping...

1. How does one do this?

2. Is it easy?

3. Is it really as easy as 'taking an iron to the toe box'? 

Anyone want to elaborate a little?

Anyone know the going rate for DS Tassie Devils? Going to sell my pair and just want to make sure the completed eBay listings are somewhat accurate.

Anyone know the going rate for DS Tassie Devils? Going to sell my pair and just want to make sure the completed eBay listings are somewhat accurate.
ebay prices are stupid for these, i sold mine for 300..but depends i guess

what sz?

I am selling but thanks. Not going to beat anyone over the head like all these other savages out here. Hoping I can find an actual NB enthusiast who needs them.

Thanks @StunnaManfor the price check.
same here man, wasnt tryna get over anybody, i got mine directly from sneaker freaker and them sh*ts cost me 250 retail shipped..

Back
Top Bottom