Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

whats the RD on both colorways of the 999's? those blue and red's are SEXY.

To the NT talking about size 14, you can find some GR, not too many collabs. I found that Haze pair on feebay in a size 14. They are scarce but out there....

To that hater talking about GTFAN's video, please exit thread left.

I would love to see some unfiltered pics of the 998rr's. Anybody got em yet? Also, what's the "day tripper" nickname from? TIA

For the day tripper pack, seems to be just several models that "Reportedly inspired by cross-country motorcycle trips of the Sixties" (per jack threads article), which include the 996er and 1300er, I think there is another pack coming out soon, but don't recall which ones exactly.

Yes I've been looking for some shots of the 998rr from actual owners, maybe gtfan712 can buy them and then do a review, you have supporters here haha

Okay, I take my comments about that 1700 back, I thought they were black but they're actually navy, I think these and the 998rrs will start my year well. Anybody know about these as far as phone order/online (besides 24 kilates and their 140 euro price)?

Last edited:
For the day tripper pack, seems to be just several models that "Reportedly inspired by cross-country motorcycle trips of the Sixties" (per jack threads article), which include the 996er and 1300er, I think there is another pack coming out soon, but don't recall which ones exactly.

Yes I've been looking for some shots of the 998rr from actual owners, maybe gtfan712 can buy them and then do a review, you have supporters here haha

Okay, I take my comments about that 1700 back, I thought they were black but they're actually navy, I think these and the 998rrs will start my year well. Anybody know about these as far as phone order/online (besides 24 kilates and their 140 euro price)?

While I am interested in the "Day Tripper" 998s, I'll probably wait until they arrive at my local shop. Gotta support the small guys, and I enjoy physically going in-store to pickup a pair from time to time. If I do pick them up, you can expect a full review on my YouTube channel. I appreciate all the support, guys.

If anyone needs more images of the Navy 990s, I'll have my pair in the next few days or so.

EDIT: I believe WestNYC has pretty much all of the Spring 2013 releases available for phone order, including the 998RR.

Last edited:
wut up NT. long time lurker, first time posting. i'm loving this thread so i wanted to post sum catalog pics. i've looked through most pages but sorry in advance if any of these pics have already been posted. this is just a few things for the 2nd quarter of NB's lifestyle lineup this year. There will also be a black 990 similar to the grey anniversary's and the navy 990. sorry for bad quality iphone pics.
Damn I'm glad you posted this catalog man because those 998s look sick! I bet they look even better on my feet
happy.gif
. Can't wait to see more picks as the release approaches.

Niketalk13 thanks for the info. I don't know if they're available yet, but Corporate in Cincinnati had those 1700's behind the counter when I was there on Saturday.

Astrodela: welcome to the thread man. WOW @ those blue 999's in the catalog pic you have posted! Cannot wait to see actual pics of those! Going off of that pic, I want those more than the new grey/blue & grey/red 999's that are set drop. They look awesome.

If anyone is interested Gilt has the New Balance 2001 Men's running shoe for $25! Def a steal...still a few sizes left too! These shoes are super comfy too.

I think they might have the wrong pics up. It has the item listed as the 689 and the original price being $65.

If anyone needs more images of the Navy 990s, I'll have my pair in the next few days or so.
I would appreciate some. I am kinda hoping these don't get as "hyped" as the grey pair. Ended up with a 10 in those but could honestly do better with a 9/9.5. Should have waited since a fellow NT'er offered a 9.5 after I had copped! I need to be more patient, but those were a MUST! Hoping the Navy's burgandy and black pairs can be had easier. A discount would be crazy, but I will settle for retail! I know its early, but the smaller sizes in the Navy have sold out in the spots I have seen them at.

Anyone know how "crazy" that upcoming Ball and Buck release will be? I was actually debating driving up from VA since I missed the online drop. Anyone here plan on going?

For anyone looking for unfiltered pic's of the 998rr's, here's a sample pair that sold recently. looks to be different only in the fact that the red liner has been added since. Personally, I really like the looks of this pair. The red lining and minimal colour accents reminds me of nike's old early 90's colourways. Cheers!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BALANCE...3461283?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a7d7d3723

edit: i stand corrected. looks like the samples featured the red accenting after all

Last edited:
WestNYC has phone orders for

996er
998rr
1300er
990navy
1500 black/red
blue/purple from 996 colors pack

212-787-8595
http://www.westnyc.com/

+1 appreciate it.

tried to get some info out of him. he said their wnyc x saucony shadows are coming out in june/july. BUT he also said there will be a wnyc x nb in fall/winter 2013. they're still working on which model they want and going through a bunch of samples. he said news will probably come out after the shadows are released.

+1 appreciate it.

tried to get some info out of him. he said their wnyc x saucony shadows are coming out in june/july. BUT he also said there will be a wnyc x nb in fall/winter 2013. they're still working on which model they want and going through a bunch of samples. he said news will probably come out after the shadows are released.
nice man, solid work, I wouldn't have thought of that. Yeah I'm more excited about the nb collab but let's see how saucony goes, I like bodegas g9 collab

EDIT:

corporate (cincinatti) will release the 1700 beauty & youth (navy) for 160$

no clue on phone orders/online

but they will open at 9am Saturday

sizes 7-12

Last edited:
wut up NT. long time lurker, first time posting. i'm loving this thread so i wanted to post sum catalog pics. i've looked through most pages but sorry in advance if any of these pics have already been posted. this is just a few things for the 2nd quarter of NB's lifestyle lineup this year. There will also be a black 990 similar to the grey anniversary's and the navy 990. sorry for bad quality iphone pics.

Great first post! Thanks for the pics. Both those pairs of 1300s look good to me.

No problem! Glad I could help out. I was in the same position as you. Took me a few days to decide if I wanted the navy ones or not. I ended up ordering both colorways lol

I see your a size 8.5 as well
happy.gif
Yeah, I have the Steel Blue 1300s but I just love that colorway too much to pass on another pair of the similar colors. But let me know how the navy turns out in person. I'm still interested in them. And thanks again, and yes size 8.5. Haha.

Crappy iPhone flicks of some recent pickups.

Copped the Black / Red 1500s from West. The leather on these are crazy butter soft.

Still undecided on either the red or the black laces but loving the blocking on these and they're mad comfortable.

Also these Atmos 1700s came through.

Never really copped stuff from Flight Club but they were on sale for $125 so I kinda thought that was a decent price. They still have 9.5 and 10s

http://www.flightclubny.com/p.php?fc=ny&c=nb&i=300061

Just saw the Year of the Snake 574s in person. The rainbow pair was a huge disappointment; the gum sole just looks off on the shoe. The other 3 pairs, however, are pretty nice.

The Herschel 710s are pretty sick too!

edit : just found out that the outsole is actually glow in the dark ... stupid me :smh:

Last edited:
hell yeah, great execution (again) by ErForce- those are one of the best i've seen

damn fo****zles, we cant even quote your name without it getting censored :lol:

:lol: it wasnt censored back in Yuku days :lol:

How I wish I got money to spend for some 574 IDs though :frown:

BonggggBlue, my eyes definitely favor the black laces. love that the upper looks so monotonous and it makes the red really pop

Back
Top Bottom