Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

1. Grey 990 Anniversary

2. Limited Release

3. 230

4. Loved the attention to detail and was blown away at the quality of the shoe itself. Its a killer model that can go with almost anything.

1. 574 Johnny Appleseed

2. GR

3. Retail

4. Gorgeous shades of red set off by a gum sole.

1. 996GL

2. GR

3. Retail

4. First pair of 996's, tried them on and was blown away at how comfortable they were. I use these for beaters, and once again am a sucker for grey on grey.

I'm sure you guys have already seen this, but damn;

If they had put that on a better model, it would've been straight DOPE. Obviously, it's for the Boston Marathon, so I'm sure they wanted to put it on a shoe that would be best for the runners, but still. Granted, I don't run, at all (unless it's from Police... but even those days are long gone), so I don't know how much better a 990 is than, say, a 998 or 1500 (if they even are better), but I'm guessing that the more modern the shoe, the better the tech. Anyways, I really like the execution and materials of this shoe, but the model makes it a no-go...

cats be sleepin on the 990V3 them sh*ts is 
pimp.gif

but to each their own

Last edited:
To the dude who referred to me as a GR elitist, I quiet like that. Beats being a Fieg fan boy any day. LOL.

In all seriousness I said in my post that if you were copping the Tazzies cause you genuinely like them good luck to you. You need to ask yourself if these did not have x sneaker freaker printed in them and a quirky marketing back story and were not limited would you still want to buy them? If the answer is yes then full respect to you as others said buy what you like I fully agree with that. It's the collab / limited sheep I have an issue with just buying it because its a collab. There's a post in here with someone saying they bought the fingers and they don't even like them!

I commented on your post because I'm really getting kind of irked by the hatebeasts that are running rampant on the internet, and felt like addressing it. A hatebeast is a person who automatically disses a shoe that is "hyped", and disses or talks down to people who happen to like that shoe. Sure, they sometimes qualify their statements with things like "If you actually like the shoe because you like it, cool", but it's pretty obvious they think that's not the case with most people. People like that will actually NOT buy a shoe they like, just because a lot of people happen to like it. While I understand people wanting to be different and be individuals, living like that is no way to live, in my opinion, and people who act like that are doing the same exact thing that the "hypebeasts" they hate so much and constantly deride are doing; making decisions based on other peoples opinions. I don't know if that's you or not; I'm new to this thread, don't post in here that much, and don't know who's who. But that's just the vibe I got from your comment, and I felt the need to speak on it. so I did. I don't know if that was me you were referring to (I definitely don't remember calling anyone a GR Elitist, but hey, I've dropped 100s of hits of acid and taken countless extacy pills, all at a fairly young age, which I fear has affected my short-term memory -  so if I did, sue me), but if it was, cool; if it wasn't, cool. Up until a couple days before the Tassie's released online, I had no idea how bad the hype was for them (I didn't even know the US wouldn't have them up until that point). I had an idea that they would be pretty hard to get, but obviously not a good enough idea, otherwise I would've done more research and preparation in attempting to get them. I liked the shoe based on the pictures I saw of them. Surprisingly, that's usually how I base all of my decisions on buying a shoe. It's not based on what company is collabing with NB (or Reebok, or Nike SB, etc..), it's not based on how many people want the shoe. Yeah, there's people who make their buying decisions based on those type of things, but I have a strong feeling not too many of the people who contribute to this thread are about that kind of stuff, so I think it's kind of pointless to go off with the hatebeast schtick. Just my opinion though. Peace.

Evergreen :D, been wanting this pair for a hot minute

Well I kinda tend to stick to 10.5 for most shoes though my tassies are 10 and I could've done a 10 in the 1700 BYS, my seals/kennedys are 10.5 and I like that room. My 1300 are 10.5 and I'm okay with that sizing on those too.

Really? many say TTs on the chosen few, will definitelly look for an 11 though. Gracias
Same here - I've wanted those Evergreen 1400's for months but always put them on the backburner to buy something else, thinking "ah they'll always be available."  But with the 30% off I don't think I can pass up this time - such a good deal...

Yeah, those are sick! ^ I would be honored to have a pair if i ran the marathon. But much like the tassie devil's, i really can never see myself going with a pair of purple shoes
I would be honored if I could RUN a marathon. Sweet Mother Mary that would be a painful, painful experience. I used to enjoy running... back in 5th grade. Even in Junior High, I enjoyed it (I understand when they say runners get into a zone and feel that type of zen). But when I started smoking weed heavily, it totally sapped my will to do any sort of physical activity, especially running. Now that I'm not smoking weed anymore and off drugs, it'd be cool to start running again. I need to start doing something; at this age, my once-fast metabolism has grinded down to a sudden halt. Anyways... lol...I felt that way with pink, until I saw the "When Pigs Fly" SB Dunks on feet. I'm actually considering copping a pair. Purple is slightly better than pink, for me at least. I can't see myself copping a bunch of purple kicks, but a couple here and there isn't too crazy a thought for me. The Tassie's are my favorite New Balance in the last several years, but that's not an all purple shoe. 

Yeah i HATED on these when they first came out, seemed like a total dud compared to the last two pigeons. Wound up getting my first pair in a multiple shoe trade, fell in love with them as soon as I had them in hand. Super good materials and the silhouette looks amazing. Overall its a very clean, easy to wear shoe. My first pair was starting to get beat so i'm def happy that I managed to grab these for retail.
word..i think if i could get em at retail id have no choice cave and become a total hypocrite 
tired.gif

laugh.gif

just fyi for those of you that want the Nice Kicks 1500s and the Hanon 1500's- they are at least a 1/2 size apart. A 12 is perfect for me in the Nice Kicks, and a 13 would be perfect for the Hanons (maybe a 12.5- but it seems closer to a 13). Just keep that in mind when buying

I second the NK 1500 sizing.

1. "White Pigeon" 575
2. Collab
3. Retail
4. Just an overall clean shoe. Also, I was able to phone order these straight from Reed Space, and chop it up with Mr. Staple for a few minutes (real cool dude).

1. "Salmon Sole" 1300
2. Collab
3. Retail
4. Although they kinda resemble the Norse 670's, I personally loved/had to have these. The quality is great, and I thought the salmon colored sole was a nice contrast w/the color palette of the upper.

1. "Rusted Orange" 1400 (included a mini sneaker shoot I did with these)
2. Collab (sorta kinda)
3. $98.28 (quoted straight from my J.Crew Order History haha)
4. Came so close to pulling the trigger on these for retail on more than a few occasions. Decided to wait it out, and luckily my size was still available when they went on sale and J.Crew had a promotional code running. Everything from the rich shade of orange, to the superb quality of the materials, made these one of my personal favorite NB's I own.

Just a quick question can anyone tell me the sizing on the NEW BALANCE M576SGA ....was going to grab a pair of the 25th anniversaries and just curious how they run...thanks

Last edited:
Just got three pairs of the scrapped tassie devils for 150$ through an Asian connect. Says the only problem with em is no teeth on the outsole. I'm hyped! Will update with pics

anyone else excited for the miggy 574s? The colorway is awesome IMO and the fact that it's a 574 doesn't bother me, though I'd love to see BR work with a 1300 or a 996.

Just got three pairs of the scrapped tassie devils for 150$ through an Asian connect. Says the only problem with em is no teeth on the outsole. I'm hyped! Will update with pics
let me know if he can part with a 10US pair haha

Per burn rubber: The highly anticipated Burn Rubber x Miguel Cabrera x New Balance US574, “The Miggy,” will be available exclusively at Burn Rubber on April 13th, 2013 (not April 8th as reported on other sites). They will release in store at 12 noon and any remaining inventory will be made available in our web store at 1pm EDT. Hit the jump for a detailed look and more information.

To distinguish the “The Miggy,” the woven tongue label features three crowns on the outside and Cabrera’s winning statistics on the inside, as well as an orange, navy and white camouflage foot bed and to pay homage to Cabrera’s 44 home runs, there will only be 44 pairs released.

the miggys are just IDs with some custom labels and insoles. like when RF dropped his first ones lol. dont fall for the hype.

i know some people didnt even like those teeth on the midsoles of the tassies. just make sure youre not ending up with fakes. they were out before the official drop lol.

I just received my first pair of 996's in the mail. This is my favorite model thus far, extremely comfortable and the color way is clean.

I copped the Boston Marathon, Black 990 Anniversary and Blue Surfers from New Balance. They had the 1300GGB but not my size (11.5). I just don't like paying the full retail prices. Thank you NB.

Back
Top Bottom