Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I found these on a international auction website.
I'm guessing that these may be the "factory seconds" that people posted about?
I'm not sure if its the lighting in the photos, but I don't see the purple "teeth" on the midsole.
These are the photos uploaded for the auction, not my own.
Wish I could zoom into these, but all the photos on this auction website are small and don't allow zoom
I don't know how much I'd pay for these... opinions?
ive seen this seller sell nothing but fake NBs. and it's not his first account either. he creates new ones every time people catch on to him. look at his other listings man. all fake NBs. the bidding went crazy high on his first listing of tassies. feel sorry for the winner.

that's why i was curious about the other guy talking about how he was getting the cheap pairs...feared he'd be getting fakes like these.

Last edited:
Any of you guys have experience ordering from Undefeated.com?

I've order a couple items from their site on Saturday, but haven't heard anything back yet...no emails, no one picks up phone either :smh:

I've order a couple items from their site on Saturday, but haven't heard anything back yet...no emails, no one picks up phone either
mean.gif
they take forever dude..hella long to get my UCLA 1500s

I've order a couple items from their site on Saturday, but haven't heard anything back yet...no emails, no one picks up phone either
mean.gif
It seems like a majority of boutiques have the worst service.

It seems like a majority of boutiques have the worst service.
My friend was trying to order some mint roshes from politics yesterday and they put him on hold, sold a bunch of pairs in store, talked about how they were going to hold a bunch of pairs for their friends, and then told him that they sold out.  

Salmon Soles came in this morning 
happy.gif
  They are lightly used but I haven't seen a deadstock Size 10.5 or 11 pretty much anywhere since they dropped, so I figured I'd snap 'em up before they were gone for good, and must say I'm extremely happy all around.  Good looking out to CRH1979 again for helping me out with the lead on where to find 'em.

574 military camo pack:

they were on rakuten, but sold out. no other release spots i know of yet. i think they were going for over $100 though

for 90$, i couldn't pass

thank you to the person that posted the code, and thank you to YCMC
i can't wait to wear em this weekend

Last edited:
I found these on a international auction website.

I'm guessing that these may be the "factory seconds" that people posted about?

I'm not sure if its the lighting in the photos, but I don't see the purple "teeth" on the midsole.

These are the photos uploaded for the auction, not my own.

Wish I could zoom into these, but all the photos on this auction website are small and don't allow zoom

I don't know how much I'd pay for these... opinions?
If it hadn't been for this forum, I probably would've missed the signs and purchased this. Glad to be a part of this forum for sure.

It's amazing how creative they got with the photos though.

They seem to have taken the photos and positioned the shoes in a way that makes the lack of the "teeth" less conspicuous.

If these were factory seconds (not fakes) and I could get it dirt cheap, I just might consider it when the resale price on the real deals are so high...

Like three pairs for $150 haha

So, I had a great day getting a good deal on some 999 Seals with some helpful advice from StunnaMan this morning. And I come home to drool over my newly acquired Jcrew 998 Pebble Blues since it's raining and I can't wear them yet. I'm amazed with the quality, I can't get over how great they look, and simply enjoying staring at my first pair of "Made In USA" NBs. Then I noticed how off the soles of these shoes are and now I'm hating myself for noticing this...

In this photo, I lined up the soles together at the line where the light blue tread starts in the midfoot. I noticed that the tread pattern in the forefoot doesn't line up at all. I don't know, but they seem more than "slightly off" in terms of alignment. The first tread in the light blue section towards the heel isn't even the same width.

In this photo, I noticed that the dark and lighter blue section of the sole in the heel section are off. On one foot the dark and lighter blue tread of the heal are raised maybe 1/4 inch relative to the white section. While on the other foot (last photo), the dark and lighter blue section are flush with the white section. This concerns me since the right and left shoe might feel different in height when I actually start wearing them.

Would these differences in the soles be considered "Normal" or are these "Defects?" It would be great if some other members who have these could take a look at their own and let me know. I've only tried these on in my house, so I'm considering exchanging them if Jcrew can find another pair in my size. Sorry, if I make you notice any misalignment on your own pair though... But any feedback would be great, thanks.

By the way, I took a look at the soles on my other NBs. My Red 999 Elites, Blue 1600 Elites, 574 Mojitos, and 580 Burn Rubber White Collars look fine. I did notice the soles on my 996 Face Offs are misaligned as well. It bothers me a little now that I've noticed it, but I've been wearing my Face Offs and they feel fine to wear. It's probably because there's no raised sections on the sole since the sole is made in one piece. Maybe I'm rationalizing this since I like them so much, but the fact is they're too expensive to replace haha.

So, I had a great day getting a good deal on some 999 Seals with some helpful advice from StunnaMan this morning. And I come home to drool over my newly acquired Jcrew 998 Pebble Blues since it's raining and I can't wear them yet. I'm amazed with the quality, I can't get over how great they look, and simply enjoying staring at my first pair of "Made In USA" NBs. Then I noticed how off the soles of these shoes are and now I'm hating myself for noticing this...

In this photo, I lined up the soles together at the line where the light blue tread starts in the midfoot. I noticed that the tread pattern in the forefoot doesn't line up at all. I don't know, but they seem more than "slightly off" in terms of alignment. The first tread in the light blue section towards the heel isn't even the same width.

In this photo, I noticed that the dark and lighter blue section of the sole in the heel section are off. On one foot the dark and lighter blue tread of the heal are raised maybe 1/4 inch relative to the white section. While on the other foot (last photo), the dark and lighter blue section are flush with the white section. This concerns me since the right and left shoe might feel different in height when I actually start wearing them.

Would these differences in the soles be considered "Normal" or are these "Defects?" It would be great if some other members who have these could take a look at their own and let me know. I've only tried these on in my house, so I'm considering exchanging them if Jcrew can find another pair in my size. Sorry, if I make you notice any misalignment on your own pair though... But any feedback would be great, thanks.

By the way, I took a look at the soles on my other NBs. My Red 999 Elites, Blue 1600 Elites, 574 Mojitos, and 580 Burn Rubber White Collars look fine. I did notice the soles on my 996 Face Offs are misaligned as well. It bothers me a little now that I've noticed it, but I've been wearing my Face Offs and they feel fine to wear. It's probably because there's no raised sections on the sole since the sole is made in one piece. Maybe I'm rationalizing this since I like them so much, but the fact is they're too expensive to replace haha.
I just checked out my pair of pebble blues and the alignment was a bit off, especially at the front section by the toe. The heels were the same size though. I would definitely try to exchange it for that height difference, that would bother me a lot. I checked a pair of the navy J. Crew 998s and noticed its alignment was off too but not as pronounced as the pebble blues.

574 military camo pack:

they were on rakuten, but sold out. no other release spots i know of yet. i think they were going for over $100 though
Have you ever purchased using Rakuten?  I was thinking about copping some Stussy 580's awhile back but wasn't sure what kind of fees they charge.  Are there reasonable fees and are they reliable? btw - I'm stopping by my local spot in Denver after work so I'll PM you after...

for anyone that ordered from YCMC and live out in cali, how long did it take for your order to arrive??

Have you ever purchased using Rakuten?  I was thinking about copping some Stussy 580's awhile back but wasn't sure what kind of fees they charge.  Are there reasonable fees and are they reliable? btw - I'm stopping by my local spot in Denver after work so I'll PM you after...
If you order through the global site there shouldnt be any fee. If you use the japan site youll need a proxy, and fees vary between the different proxies. Lots to choose from out there.

tfurumi, those fakes are pretty obvious if you checked his other listings. I would hope you wouldnt have needed the forum to save you, but glad it helped. I think first thing you need to do is learn not to put on blinders when you see a deal. Always gotta be careful and remember if it looks too good to be true...

Back
Top Bottom