Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Ordered my 999 in blue on ycmc on Friday morning. Still haven't even received shipping conformation. [emoji]128546[/emoji]Called and they said it could take up to four days to process an order. Well this is day four still no shipping conformation. I am thinking maybe I put the wrong email. Anybody ever had this with them..?

Ordered these from end on friday night....got delivered before 12pm today 
nthat.gif

The suede is great as usual but the I feel that the white leather paneling aint as good as the leather that's used on my 1500EBN. Absolutely love this colorway.

Could you post an on feet pic? Also to whoever ordered the currys as well please

I have amazon prime but it never crossed my mind to buy shoes off amazon.  might have to check it out.  thanks for the tip fellas 

Ordered these from end on friday night....got delivered before 12pm today 
nthat.gif

The suede is great as usual but the I feel that the white leather paneling aint as good as the leather that's used on my 1500EBN. Absolutely love this colorway.

Yeah the quality on mine is good, but not great. Same with the Curry joints that came in today from End. They're not 999 Elite status by any means, but things are changing at Flimby and have been for awhile. With the increased demand, a slight fall off was inevitable, IMO.

Last edited:
Hopefully this isn't anything unallowed, but if anyone is looking for size 11 vault 577s, the teal and dark gray/black new balance 577, PM me. :D

What's up, NBers (the second coolest thread on NT, next to the SB thread - sorry, gotta show love to my people 
wink.gif
). It's been a minute since I've posted in here, but I have a question for you guys. I just bought a pair of Tassie's (thanks to a quick Ronnie Fieg x Asics "Miami Beach" flip), finally, when I was able to get 'em for $320, which was about the threshold of what I was willing to pay. I was about to spray 'em with Penguin Water/Stain Repellant (the kind of stuff you can find at any major shoe store), as I like to do with all my kicks, but I stopped myself, deciding it'd be best to ask the experts first. Is it safe to spray these with that type of product? These are the first NB's I've purchased in over a decade (well, the second; I ended up selling my Mojitos after deciding I just couldn't get down with the shape of the 574), but more importantly, the first shoe with that kind of deeply-dyed material, so I wanted to see if anyone in here had experience with this. I've heard that sprays like the Penguin stuff can permanently stain certain shoes/materials, though I've never had any personal experience with that happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (if there's another product that will have a similar desired effect, that'd be good to know). Thanks in advance. Hope all is well and the thread is still as laid back and positive as it was the last time I was in here. Peace.

What's up, NBers (the second coolest thread on NT, next to the SB thread - sorry, gotta show love to my people 
wink.gif
). It's been a minute since I've posted in here, but I have a question for you guys. I just bought a pair of Tassie's (thanks to a quick Ronnie Fieg x Asics "Miami Beach" flip), finally, when I was able to get 'em for $320, which was about the threshold of what I was willing to pay. I was about to spray 'em with Penguin Water/Stain Repellant (the kind of stuff you can find at any major shoe store), as I like to do with all my kicks, but I stopped myself, deciding it'd be best to ask the experts first. Is it safe to spray these with that type of product? These are the first NB's I've purchased in over a decade (well, the second; I ended up selling my Mojitos after deciding I just couldn't get down with the shape of the 574), but more importantly, the first shoe with that kind of deeply-dyed material, so I wanted to see if anyone in here had experience with this. I've heard that sprays like the Penguin stuff can permanently stain certain shoes/materials, though I've never had any personal experience with that happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (if there's another product that will have a similar desired effect, that'd be good to know). Thanks in advance. Hope all is well and the thread is still as laid back and positive as it was the last time I was in here. Peace.
hey welcome, I personally do not put anything on any of my pairs. I do clean the midsoles with jason markk and have tried jason markk on suede (terrible idea). I would refrain from spraying that stuff on the tassies as I heard the purple might bleed into the white if it gets wet (haven't seen it myself). If you want to try it, go for an unsuspicious area to test it out. Overall, the tassie is a tricky pair to try it on, I say don't put anything but be careful on where you tread

I have amazon prime but it never crossed my mind to buy shoes off amazon.  might have to check it out.  thanks for the tip fellas 
Prime is a beautiful thing. That 2-day shipping...

wink.gif
I use that exact product on anything leather/suede. The tip is to keep it at a good distance upon application. Any sealant or protective agent sprayed too close will yield blemishes as it should be applied evenly & lightly. If you see a stain or permanent discoloration, you sprayed too much...

Debating picking up those Boston Marathons...
Long time, no see, Mr. M3! I think NB.com & Packer have the 890 and 990 as well...

I use that exact product on anything leather/suede. The tip is to keep it at a good distance upon application. Any sealant or protective agent sprayed too close will yield blemishes as it should be applied evenly & lightly. If you see a stain or permanent discoloration, you sprayed too much...

hey welcome, I personally do not put anything on any of my pairs. I do clean the midsoles with jason markk and have tried jason markk on suede (terrible idea). I would refrain from spraying that stuff on the tassies as I heard the purple might bleed into the white if it gets wet (haven't seen it myself). If you want to try it, go for an unsuspicious area to test it out. Overall, the tassie is a tricky pair to try it on, I say don't put anything but be careful on where you tread
Thanks for the quick responses, fellas. I always make sure to spray at least a foot away and to do light and even coatings, to prevent over-saturating. I think I should be fine, as far as the bleeding goes, as long as I make sure not to over-saturate. I'm just more paranoid than usual, considering these were a lil' more expensive than the usual pair. 

Do u guys know if these water/stain repellent sprays prevent bleeding? If not, is there any products out there that do? As mentioned in my previous post, I have little to no experience with materials like this, that are so deeply dyed. I did have a pair of Saucony x Bodega Elite G9 "Camo" that got a tiny drop of water on the yellow portion of the heel. When I tried drying it by gently dabbing the wet spot, the yellow started bleeding into the green suede below it, which left a small area of mixed colors. Also, with the other pair from that pack (the Shadow 6s), I noticed that the suede had started bleeding from one pair to another, simply from touching when in the box together with no paper in between them, while not much, enough to where it was noticeable. After that, I told myself I would try to avoid kicks that had dyed suede like that, but I don't think the Tassie's are on that level of dyed-ness (I know, not a word); still, there is definitely high risk of these bleeding, so I want to take preventive measures if at all possible.  

As far as the shoes go, I couldn't have been happier with them. Definitely one of the dopest pairs of New Balances all-time, in my opinion. I'm not nearly as much an NB head as I used to be in my younger days, but I still have love for the brand that will never die. After taking a long hiatus from copping kicks, I fell out of the loop with the new releases, so I've been playing catch-up since about a year and a half ago. There's been a lot of sick NB releases (in particular, the Concepts collabs), but for some reason, these just really stood out to me more than the rest. When they started hitting the reseller market after release day, I thought that I'd never get to own a pair, but after lucking out on the Miami Beach RFs and flipping 'em, I knew that I had to try to score these, and thankfully I found a seller (2 actually) willing to take $320 shipped. Now, I've knocked one of the recent additions to my "grail" list, which is always a beautiful thing. That's my story for the day, lol, thanks for letting me share. And thanks for the quick replies. Any info on a possible product to prevent bleeding would be greatly appreciated. Peace.

Yup. I use protectant on my shoes. Key is def distance. It may take a few lighter coats, don't over saturate

@the uncut raw how ironic, I popped into the SB thread today. Still an SB fan, just don't cop them like I used to. I agree, the SB thread is second best on NT :wink:

Last edited:

new pickup Thanks to DJ DECKS (one off the grail list with another enroute)

I never post pics but since leaving in Feb I've been able to cop a few. Tassies (thanks jellyfishin) mojitos, kennedies, white pigeons, black pigeons, hanon 1500s, red 999 elites and several other "gr"s. I'm sure I am forgetting some but those are the main NB pickups, have a few more from "other" brands I am hyped for too.... It will be quite the stash when I get back. Wests will be on that list soon too :wink: inshallah.

Back
Top Bottom