Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

anyone have any hot leads on a pair of those new balance 1400 royal/red/gum sole in a sz. 10?

missed the j.crew boat and sent the an email. they said they had none left including retail stores. 

Today

Rootin' for you Slippy! I just got mine from Titolo and I'm pretty happy with them. They're really light, but I kinda wish that they didn't go with the patent leather paneling on the sides. Looks kinda cheap IMO. 

Rootin' for you Slippy! I just got mine from Titolo and I'm pretty happy with them. They're really light, but I kinda wish that they didn't go with the patent leather paneling on the sides. Looks kinda cheap IMO. 
How's the fit on these? TTS? I definitely wish I .5 sized up on my west NYCs

Does anyone have info on how to track down the united arrows 997 and how rare is that shoe? Thanks in advance
did someone famous post a pic of kanye wearing em or something? everyone is on the search for these now

and theyre pretty rare, they dont show up often and dont sell for cheap. 

Any spots still have the grey 997's in an 8.5? Was out of town when they released

As was I...Did not think these would sell as quickly as they did. Any leads on an 8.5 would be greatly appreciated by me as well

Last edited:
Havnt been in this thread in a while.

Any upcoming collabs or any rumors?

Most recent pickup was the Americanas and I love em. It would've been nice if they were waterproof like the seals.

Why do people get the idea that the Seals are waterproof? They're inspired by water proof navy seal boots, but the shoes themselves are far from waterproof. They just "stain resistant" suede and a gusseted tongue.

How can yall cop GR's at disc prices
if people buy em up as soon as they
drop? I feel like most will have to cop
the light blue & rwb 998's at full price.
Were the DB's somewhat limited?

Patience. Granted, it's more of a gamble now with all the attention NB's have been getting. But in 2013, there wasn't a single GR NB that I paid retail for besides the navy 990s. Those were an impulse, gotta have them now buy though.

Half of these 997s will end up on eBay for absurd prices. Once the hype dies down and people move to the next shoe, those sellers will drop their prices. Happens with almost every GR, and not just New Balance.

Why do people get the idea that the Seals are waterproof? They're inspired by water proof navy seal boots, but the shoes themselves are far from waterproof. They just "stain resistant" suede and a gusseted tongue.
Do you have a pair? Because I do and they are waterproof. I wore them with 6in of snow and it ran right off the shoe. And I've poured water over them countless times to shoe ppl

Do you have a pair? Because I do and they are waterproof. I wore them with 6in of snow and it ran right off the shoe. And I've poured water over them countless times to shoe ppl

I think you guys are getting the terms waterproof and water-resistant mixed up. There is a distinct difference between the two.

did someone famous post a pic of kanye wearing em or something? everyone is on the search for these now

and theyre pretty rare, they dont show up often and dont sell for cheap. 
Probably because when they google "New balance 997" for info on the 2014 retro, the second pic returned is Kanye wearing the UA.  From there, the inner beast takes over and a new hunt begins.

^beat me by 15 minutes smh :smh: still on the hunt for an 8. I refuse to pay over 200 for these considering everyone saying they don't look like that great of quality. If anybody has any info on any other place releasing the mita sbtg new balances, please PM me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom