Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Do you guys overall like the NB1 consumer user experience?  Anything you guys would like looked at in terms of the actual on-site experience for improvements?

Last edited:

Two questions guys. I just bought a sick new 996 balance pair from Nordstorm rack for $60 with a grey suede and navy combo color with slight orange. Basically Mets and Knicks color scheme.

1. Why are they usually so expensive? Is the age range of people wearing them more for Dads? Idk, just perception I have seen.

2. What pant styles do you guys where with them?
1.  the made in USA/UK/Japan all have premium leathers like pig skin suede/nubuck, horween, etc.

2.  lifestyle NBs are very pointy toed and slim in design so i think anything modern and slim fitting works great

Those Bacon 998 NB1 :smokin :smokin

Finally broke this out - M1500NO Re-issue:

Do you guys overall like the NB1 consumer user experience?  Anything you guys would like looked at in terms of the actual on-site experience for improvements?
I like it a lot. The renderings are crisp, the interface works well and doesn't feel too clunky, and most of all the quick turnaround is incredible.

I'm also very happy they expanded the lace colour options. Previously they were very limited and didn't have the same wheel as the saddle and tongue.

Also sincerely hope the suede options on the heel and toe accents are here to stay.

I much prefer them over to the reflective ones.

As for what i'd like to see, i'd love to be able to re-edit designs that i've already placed in the cart.

Right now i think you'd have to click on what you have in the cart, edit, add it to cart, and then remove the old design.

It would be great if i could save my designs to my account as well. Right now the wishlist function does not work too well for me.

And finally, while not site related, an all nubuck premium option would be AMAZING.

The 998 NB1 was my favourite shoe of 2015 and seems like 2016 is shaping up to be the same.

could not have said it better. love the suede accents much better than reflective also, and can never have enuff nubuck. they teased with nubuck accents now give us full nubuck option.

one ting i would add is it would be great to add extra laces. like being able to get mulled wine and dusty blossom laces would have been great with my last NB1, just make it a extra charge.

thanks for the feed back.   How about the navigation?  Meaning when you click on "NB1 Customization", how does that drop down menu look to you guys?  Do you generally click "Explore" for the landing page, or do you prefer to go right into the model design?  Is this all user-friendly to you?

Thanks!

thanks for the feed back.   How about the navigation?  Meaning when you click on "NB1 Customization", how does that drop down menu look to you guys?  Do you generally click "Explore" for the landing page, or do you prefer to go right into the model design?  Is this all user-friendly to you?

Thanks!

I prefer to go straight to model customization personally. And with regard to the customization screen itself, to be honest I find the perpetual flashing of the selected component to be very annoying. I understand why you would set it up that way, but ultimately it just makes it harder to judge the results without using the "save/share" feature which provides the preview. I think it would be better if the selected piece flashed a few times and then stopped flashing for the duration of the "step" as it were. There is already a textual representation of the currently selected piece of the shoe, and additionally it becomes pretty clear where you are at if you change the color.

Thanks!
I've actually got a bookmark folder full of NB1 designs so i just use that to access.

But the current drop menu works fine. I almost exclusively go on nb.com for NB1 so i'd prefer to go right into model design.

And +1 for extra laces!

Also, wearing NB1s for the day

Last edited:

Anyone know when these are coming out? 

Think the code is 997CEF.
Those are mine. Unsure when they will be releasing (I think I was told Fall '16 - so soon) but they should definitely be releasing as these were not marked samples.

Those are mine. Unsure when they will be releasing (I think I was told Fall '16 - so soon) but they should definitely be releasing as these were not marked samples.

Good to hear since they look beautiful!
How'd you end up with an early pair? Sorry if you've already explained.

When new colors are introduced... Provide better in hand pictures of said colors. Maybe via Instagram or the website. I feel like we are all in the dark most of the time hoping the colors turn out better than the rendering. May increase sales if people can trust what colors there are actually using? I've noticed NB does a couple of samples but use maybe suede swatches to Save money and be just as effective. That's why I enjoy Nike iD- if I don't like it, I send it back. Maybe offer that option but with an exception? First return is _%fee, second is on you or something? Maybe others can chime in

We all want suede nubuck.. Have it available the time- mesh is good just getting old!

New outsole options. The same ones since the beginning is also getting old! That volt has to go, replace it with something more versatile?

Last edited:
When new colors are introduced... Provide better in hand pictures of said colors. Maybe via Instagram or the website. I feel like we are all in the dark most of the time hoping the colors turn out better than the rendering. May increase sales if people can trust what colors there are actually using? I've noticed NB does a couple of samples but use maybe suede swatches to Save money and be just as effective. That's why I enjoy Nike iD- if I don't like it, I send it back. Maybe offer that option but with an exception? First return is _%fee, second is on you or something? Maybe others can chime in

We all want suede nubuck.. Have it available the time- mesh is good just getting old!

New outsole options. The same ones since the beginning is also getting old! That volt has to go, replace it with something more versatile?

+1
Real life color swatches would be great
There's usually 1 or 2 people on here who dive right in when the new colors come out and everyone just waits for their pairs to see what we're actually working with

dont know if i would agree with the return deal, what will nb do with a return on a custom. unless its a defect or something of that matter. suede samples would be the way to go. just like when picking out carpet you get to see samples.

+1000 on the soles. get rid of that yellow and give us a simple all white and/or white black option. i know asking for more than 4 soles is a reach but get rid of the yellow and give us a white sole like the 998CHI had. when the mulled wine sole phases out give us a black/white option similar to the 998PRMR or swap the speckle sole out for a blk/wht option.

also as far as the interface goes my biggest gripe would be as mykoh said not being able to edit your saved renderings.

dont know if i would agree with the return deal, what will nb do with a return on a custom. unless its a defect or something of that matter. suede samples would be the way to go. just like when picking out carpet you get to see samples.

+1000 on the soles. get rid of that yellow and give us a simple all white and/or white black option. i know asking for more than 4 soles is a reach but get rid of the yellow and give us a white sole like the 998CHI had. when the mulled wine sole phases out give us a black/white option similar to the 998PRMR or swap the speckle sole out for a blk/wht option.

also as far as the interface goes my biggest gripe would be as mykoh said not being able to edit your saved renderings.
I'm a realist tho... 
laugh.gif
 If NB gives us an all white mid-sole I guarantee it will be the death of 998 collabs. At the same time that would be kind of dope to essentially cut out the middle man (boutique shops) and get my sneaker made from workers in the good ole US of A & shipped to my door within 2 weeks. 
smokin.gif
 I stated this some pages back, but basically this summer I'm only buying NB1 998's. I'm not entertaining no GR's or Collabs (unless they blow me out the water) like the NB 998 "BB's". Overall tho.. I would love to see NB continue to swap out the 1 or 2 different soles every new color wheel. That being said, New Balance continue to keep doing what you're doing! That is the main reason I jumped ship from Asics to New Balance. New Balance gives the consumer the power to create his own flavors with Premium Materials, and dont have to worry about Hypebeast (resellers) like Asics is plagued with. 

Last edited:
do 990s fit the same as 998s?

btw, I size down on 998s and go true on most 997s

1300 - 7.5

998 - 7.5

997 (leather lined) - 7.5

997 (non-leather lined) - 8

996 - 8

1500 - 8

do 990s fit the same as 998s?

btw, I size down on 998s and go true on most 997s

1300 - 7.5
998 - 7.5
997 (leather lined) - 7.5
997 (non-leather lined) - 8
996 - 8
1500 - 8

990's fit shorter to me. I'd go with your 1500 size.

It's the only made in USA silhouette I've given up on due to the fit. 11's are too short and 11.5's feel like boats on the width. It's a shame cause it's the cleanest model from the USA line IMO.

Back
Top Bottom